Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah time will tell. I'll just say one more thing at this stage, though: I'd be extraordinarily suprised if a club that's desperate for a half prioritises squeezing another 100k out of the Tigers. I keep saying this: 500k is nothing for a first grade half. All it takes is one club to think Sullivan can be that (and, again, he'll only be 23 at the start of next season) and we have the leverage. If anything, we should be dealing from strength - start by asking what they're going to give us.
SMH reporting that sullivan will be hard to move at contract value lol…o
Praying he has a good game tomorrow or we’re screwed lol

I would sign Lomax, but not on $800.000, I should of said that.
Ofcourse, Lomax is a 'right price' player.

Some players you do everything to sign. We identified Luai as that kind of player.

Some players you sign when the price is right. No one would turn down Lomax if he came here on 300k.
But 800k, no way.

Some players you don't sign. (see thread history)

Looks like he’s signed, sealed and delivered to Parra. This was already lined up before he asked for a release. Don’t think it was ever a race.
Man I hate the new forum.

I think you are talking about AD. Honestly I have no idea.

Could be talking about Lomax. Yea, I suspect a few clubs have shown interest and we backed off based on the form of Olam.

N
Talking of the fainu brothers, what happens when the other one gets out . I'm sure he will want to link up with his bros
Manase at best will be 27 when he gets out on parole while being out of the game for 6 years so he'll get a cup contract at best and I'm not sure if the nrl will let a guy who's still serving a sentence for a violent crime be registered

With the way the game is being played now, outside backs with speed, tackle-busting power, acrobatic finishing & aerial skills are vital. Having a player with good aerial skills is/will be a must on both edges.

I can see Benji is starting to evolve our squad towards this with the speculative recruiting of the likes of Lobb, Alaimalo, Faataape, Olam & the development of Willett, Makasini, Luke Laulilii, Saukuru & Large.

Large could be a vital cog here. A potential centre with express pace (10.8s 100m), ball skills, height … possibly a better centre or fullback than in the halves. I also hope that Gallant can recruit back Mikey Nassar from the Roosters as his speed, height & ability on a wing in future would be a big asset.

Is Angus Crichton still available next season. He's getting back to his best. Thought he was excellent the Roosters tonight

With the way the game is being played now, outside backs with speed, tackle-busting power, acrobatic finishing & aerial skills are vital. Having a player with good aerial skills is/will be a must on both edges.

I can see Benji is starting to evolve our squad towards this with the speculative recruiting of the likes of Lobb, Alaimalo, Faataape, Olam & the development of Willett, Makasini, Luke Laulilii, Saukuru & Large.

Large could be a vital cog here. A potential centre with express pace (10.8s 100m), ball skills, height … possibly a better centre or fullback than in the halves. I also hope that Gallant can recruit back Mikey Nassar from the Roosters as his speed, height & ability on a wing in future would be a big asset.
The backline needed urgent attention and got it. All most there?
Now lets start preparing for replacements to our second row and props come 2026.

There is a shortage of halves the Titans for sure. Foran injury prone & Tannah Boyd terrible. $500K for a play maker is cheap.

But I agree he would probably kill it in England.
What about Roosters or Rabbits?

Keary near the end, Manu leaving … Bud Sullivan or Doeuihi with Walker.

Souths, Bud & Cody in the halves hmmmm.

Is Angus Crichton still available next season. He's getting back to his best. Thought he was excellent the Roosters tonight
Agree
Has been very strong coming off the bench lately seems to be able to break the line consistently and solid in defence.
I wouldn’t be disappointed if we picked him up but I doubt he will ever leave the roosters.

Reactions: 851
A fully fit and I mean FULLY fit Douehi makes my side .Just think of all the 2 years of rehab effort and would hate it to go to waste
No ones answering my question about which 2 of the 5 make our regular starting half's next year
Douhies a hack. Please Robo take him.

Man I hate the new forum.

I think you are talking about AD. Honestly I have no idea.

Could be talking about Lomax. Yea, I suspect a few clubs have shown interest and we backed off based on the form of Olam.
I'm guessing yiure talking about not knowing who GnR talking about. (Lomax) .. If yiu click or tap on the members name in that particular post it shows you the post they're replying to.
Very handy in this thread unless you've read every post unlike me.
Sometimes yiu have to go back a few to see what or whom the discussions about... Posts don't get I'm bedded into each other anymore so sometimes it's hard to get the gist of the convo... I hope that's what you're referring to, ignore if not 🤔

Back