Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

For the life of me, I don't understand how many times We see players like Zac Lomax do what he does, totally destroy us pretty much on his own.
Yet we new he was up for sale and we could not even make the effort to make him an offer.
And Parramatta get him for a supposed 4 years for $200,000 a year less than he was getting at St George,

Hence I give up.

We desperately need a game breaker like Zac,
But when one is up for grabs we don't even try.

So we must be out of money,
If we can't even try.
How do you know we didn't make an offer? If Lomax is so good, why are St George letting him go early? There must be an underlying issue and there are 15 other clubs also not signing or having signed Lomax this 2024.

You make an amazing number of assumptions here, no wonder you are so defeatist.

My opinion for what it’s worth

Steff will hit open market - bids will be

$1m-$1.1 over 4/5 yrs from Drags and Dogs

$750-800k 3/4 yrs Penrith and storm

Tiggers gonna have to be approx $900k over 4/5 yrs for us to keep him.

Let’s see what Happens !!!

1mil a season for Stef no way any team puts that on the table, he’s good but he isn’t Haas or AFB.

Now this is disappointing. We should have been offering him 400k to join us.

Some clubs just have the right idea with recruitment. Snap good players as quickly as they can. We've been lamenting our pathetic outside backs and yet whenever a decent one is available we're nowhere to be seen. We may have made him an offer and been rejected, but geez it's frustrating when we repeatedly sign small and slow players while other clubs sign the big strong fast types. And we wonder why we lose nearly all of our matches...

He was an absolutely perfect fit for us. And we still missed out. Newie have now snapped up Thomas Jenkins and Schiller, while we're messing around with Faatape and Lobb.
Maybe he didn't want to come here no matter what the money. Players do make choices on lifestyle etc as well as money.

Reactions: BZN
For him to stay at the Tigers ..one of these two things need to happen

One is Tigers making the 8 this year ..(Lol ..that ain’t happening )

He has to play another two origins this year ..( which is some hope)..

Who from the club allowed such dumb clauses in his deal …. One guess..😂
Maybe if they didn't he's would have left already ?

TPJ is a stretch. He signed on a short term contract having already signed for the Dogs for the following season. But it's a very impressive list of players otherwise. Some here hate the Panthers, but I really admire how they've stayed at the top for 4 seasons despite their roster churn. It makes them one of the best teams of all time.

For the life of me, I don't understand how many times We see players like Zac Lomax do what he does, totally destroy us pretty much on his own.
Yet we new he was up for sale and we could not even make the effort to make him an offer.
And Parramatta get him for a supposed 4 years for $200,000 a year less than he was getting at St George,

Hence I give up.

We desperately need a game breaker like Zac,
But when one is up for grabs we don't even try.

So we must be out of money,
If we can't even try.
How do you know we didn't - not everyone likes the Wests Tigers and he went elsewhere.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention...but this JFH news seems completely out of the blue.

Good get from the Warriors.
Indeed.. concerning since they don't just release anyone so easily, unless they have already a rising star agree to join them

Hopefully Stef remembers we identified his talent long before anyone else did.

Plucked him from the obscurity of eels Reggie’s and they punished him for a year.

They denied multiple requests from him for an early release.

He won’t be going back there I’d say.

He should stay and enjoy the revival, especially next years spine.

Plus he’s popular with us ugly lot!

Hopefully Stef remembers we identified his talent long before anyone else did.

Plucked him from the obscurity of eels Reggie’s and they punished him for a year.

They denied multiple requests from him for an early release.

He won’t be going back there I’d say.

He should stay and enjoy the revival, especially next years spine.

Plus he’s popular with us ugly lot!
Money and opportunity will talk.

I don’t think Lomax would have passed the team first test. Not sure he would fit in here. Took us a long time to remove a negative influence on the team so we definitely don’t need another. Good player but would cause more harm than good on team morale. It will end in tears at Parra, too many “me first” players

6 games in 4 seasons and he'll come here to play off the bench rather than somewhere else to be in the run-on side - why would he do that if his aim is to be a consistent first grader ?
Klemmer signed a 3 year deal and is in his second. If he comes next year, playing off the bench for a year as understudy won't be a big deal. Stef may leave also.

I doubt Tigers exercise their end of the mutual option with Klemmer for a 4th year, so either way, we'll need at least one starting prop for 2026 season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back