Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

IMO he’s okay. Probably our first winger picked of he’s here.

I find it odd that everyone writes him off as a dud. Someone with nearly 150 first grade games to his name at 25 while people are going crazy over another guy in that same team with 14 NRL games at 22 (Schiller).

If Cotric is reasonably priced and fully fit, he’s worth a shot. Rather use a top 30 spot for him than Alaimalo.
Agree with you - I would have Cotric over Alaimalo.

But Cotric a few years ago is vastly different to Cotric now. He has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse.

We’ve really only had shocking game. Did anyone really expect us to win yesterday? We won’t next week either. We just need to show some heart.
Not surprising.

I’m sorry to repeat myself but …. our top 30 roster is extremely poor, particularly past first 20 or so. And even then there are few there that are not living up to their potential and/or are at best just reserve grade standard.

…. we might jag another few wins but I don’t expect much.

The challenge for Richo and Benji is to figure out how to clear cap space and introduce quality for next year.

Sloan, CNK, Taffe, Campbell, Rapana, Kennedy

All players I’d take Bula over. Hell, I’d even take him over Trell on Trell’s 24 form.
You know the old saying, form is temporary, class is permanent.

When it comes to being a shit person he is a class above.

Nick Cotric is off contract.
Must be for an immediate switch.

He's out of form but at his best, very capable.
I'd like to see him return to his best and help us out.
No thanks .. he also rejected our advances previously

I’ve been harping on about Gagai for those exact reasons. Olam & Gagai in the centres for the next 2 seasons before 2 of Makasini, Laulilii, Feledy, Saukuru, Large, Willett or Mason slot in ✅✅ Another NRL ready middle like Trey Mooney to then take Klemmer’s spot. Feel Samuela Fainu could be our backrow-in-waiting & think Lachlan Broederlow (our Flegg) could be a bolter next 2 years.
I said before we signed the Fainu brothers that Sam was a gem, and a backrower not a prop

Didn’t he make 30 tackles and missed 0, Do you want to tell me how many Ice and Bateman missed today.

Not sure if Olam had the best game today either. Was a hard watch.

And I’m allowed to miss an ex player - seems like all my favourites go down to Melbourne :(
I don't have a favourite any more. They retire with concussion, or leave ☹️as much as I am happy with Olam, I miss Blore, too. And I hate that he's going to excel at the storm.

I said before we signed the Fainu brothers that Sam was a gem, and a backrower not a prop
Was it you or someone else that said that the Brother you really want to get is not Latu but Samuela.

From what I have seen so far that seems pretty well right, the initial impression of him being a bit of a clown and ill disciplined has changed rapidly and he looks to be a serious footballer which is very impressive at such a young age.

Of course I am not writing off Latu, hopefully he just needs time to get fully fit and get some game time.

Mean while Sione's form, from what little time he has had, seems to have improved and he looks to have benefited from having his brothers around.

Any chance we can find a genuine elite lock prospect? I think one thing our forwards need and don't have is a guy with a short ball at the line who can get the receivers noses through the line for a quick play the ball, but also with the games sense and physicality to hold the ball and get a quick ptb of his own if the defence hold off him.
I dont think the forwards are doing enough but I think they are on a hiding to nothing just hitting it straight up off a half or Api.
I would put Latu at lock to sharpen our attack

We can play him for 30, then bring him back on around 55 minutes, we just need another option in attack
I'd like to see a bit more of him playing 80 mins in Reggie's to understand what he offers and how we can best use him
Looks like he cld benefit from some match fitness tbh

Would love to see him there but idk if his body can handle 80 mins in the middle just yet
Of course it can't!

Do you also seriously expect him to make hard yardage carries as a middle forward @851 - as all the other small locks in the comp like Cotter and McInnes do?

Does anyone remember the Titans game last year where he played lock to add some variety - but got steamrolled by Tino???

Lock has NEVER been a position to just ball-play - and while it did become an extra prop in the last 15 years - I welcome the skill back into the position.

BUT those skilled locks over the years were also big and hardened forwards who could hit and make hard yards - with the current top crop of Yeo - Radley - Carrigan - Murray proving my point!

Latu can fill in at lock to add some ball-playing - but starting him there and expecting him to spark our attack is fairytale stuff!!

Something is brewing at the Dolphins with Bostocks stock continuing to rise I doubt he doesn’t have a wing spot locked down next year and Issako isn’t going anywhere. They also have Farmworth and Averillo in centres so I’m unsure where the dolphins would play Tupou.

I reckon it’ll be Averillo to make way - I’d offer Dolphins a straight swap and they can get him a season early and we could give Averillo FG football. Seems a win win.
Is this the way to Averillo? 🤣

Back