Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

IMO he’s okay. Probably our first winger picked of he’s here.

I find it odd that everyone writes him off as a dud. Someone with nearly 150 first grade games to his name at 25 while people are going crazy over another guy in that same team with 14 NRL games at 22 (Schiller).

If Cotric is reasonably priced and fully fit, he’s worth a shot. Rather use a top 30 spot for him than Alaimalo.

I’m not against it but also trying to be real re expectations of him.

Do people really think he is a game changer & meter eater winger we need on the wing?

He has been average for the last few years at NRL level. He has been going ok in Cup however.

I agree re Alaimalo, & with Tupou injured Cotric would be a walk up starter. Personally would prefer Turuva who would probably come at the same cost or close to it and is 4yrs younger.

Do people really think he is a game changer & meter eater winger we need on the wing?

He has been average for the last few years at NRL level. He has been going ok in Cup however.

I agree re Alaimalo, & with Tupou injured Cotric would be a walk up starter. Personally would prefer Turuva who would probably come at the same cost or close to it and is 4yrs younger.
Cotric us absolutely a meter eater and would be coming much cheaper then Turuva.

Not sure if he will get back to his Origin and test form but he is young enough.

Reactions: 851

If it’s between Turuva and Cotric at the same price then I agree but given they’re both off contract I think Turuva is much higher market value for a longer contract.

Cotric us absolutely a meter eater and would be coming much cheaper then Turuva.

Not sure if he will get back to his Origin and test form but he is young enough.
Up to Benji to have a chat to him and see if the fire burns to get back to being a top standard winger. He is good in yardage when he’s playing well and a noted finisher. Two things we need badly.

Yeah, I have heard from reliable sources he won't be at the club.

Another union signing that didn't work out for us.

I liked his highlight video, wanted him to do well.
The "union" signing we should have gone for is Skelton from dogs. Stuck behind some players over there, I would be happy to take a punt on him. Plenty of upside and his metre making should suit Benji's style.

Yeah, I have heard from reliable sources he won't be at the club.

Another union signing that didn't work out for us.

I liked his highlight video, wanted him to do well.
Is it cause he isn’t good enough or just getting on with the playing group or coach or something? Or is it just that he wants to go back to nz and play union again?

Is it cause he isn’t good enough or just getting on with the playing group or coach or something? Or is it just that he wants to go back to nz and play union again?
I worry about his knee that is always strapped & sometimes seems to favour it. May be a chronic thing who knows.

IMO he’s okay. Probably our first winger picked of he’s here.

I find it odd that everyone writes him off as a dud. Someone with nearly 150 first grade games to his name at 25 while people are going crazy over another guy in that same team with 14 NRL games at 22 (Schiller).

If Cotric is reasonably priced and fully fit, he’s worth a shot. Rather use a top 30 spot for him than Alaimalo.
Agree with you - I would have Cotric over Alaimalo.

But Cotric a few years ago is vastly different to Cotric now. He has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse.

We’ve really only had shocking game. Did anyone really expect us to win yesterday? We won’t next week either. We just need to show some heart.
Not surprising.

I’m sorry to repeat myself but …. our top 30 roster is extremely poor, particularly past first 20 or so. And even then there are few there that are not living up to their potential and/or are at best just reserve grade standard.

…. we might jag another few wins but I don’t expect much.

The challenge for Richo and Benji is to figure out how to clear cap space and introduce quality for next year.

Sloan, CNK, Taffe, Campbell, Rapana, Kennedy

All players I’d take Bula over. Hell, I’d even take him over Trell on Trell’s 24 form.
You know the old saying, form is temporary, class is permanent.

When it comes to being a shit person he is a class above.

Nick Cotric is off contract.
Must be for an immediate switch.

He's out of form but at his best, very capable.
I'd like to see him return to his best and help us out.
No thanks .. he also rejected our advances previously

I’ve been harping on about Gagai for those exact reasons. Olam & Gagai in the centres for the next 2 seasons before 2 of Makasini, Laulilii, Feledy, Saukuru, Large, Willett or Mason slot in ✅✅ Another NRL ready middle like Trey Mooney to then take Klemmer’s spot. Feel Samuela Fainu could be our backrow-in-waiting & think Lachlan Broederlow (our Flegg) could be a bolter next 2 years.
I said before we signed the Fainu brothers that Sam was a gem, and a backrower not a prop

Didn’t he make 30 tackles and missed 0, Do you want to tell me how many Ice and Bateman missed today.

Not sure if Olam had the best game today either. Was a hard watch.

And I’m allowed to miss an ex player - seems like all my favourites go down to Melbourne :(
I don't have a favourite any more. They retire with concussion, or leave ☹️as much as I am happy with Olam, I miss Blore, too. And I hate that he's going to excel at the storm.

I said before we signed the Fainu brothers that Sam was a gem, and a backrower not a prop
Was it you or someone else that said that the Brother you really want to get is not Latu but Samuela.

From what I have seen so far that seems pretty well right, the initial impression of him being a bit of a clown and ill disciplined has changed rapidly and he looks to be a serious footballer which is very impressive at such a young age.

Of course I am not writing off Latu, hopefully he just needs time to get fully fit and get some game time.

Mean while Sione's form, from what little time he has had, seems to have improved and he looks to have benefited from having his brothers around.

Any chance we can find a genuine elite lock prospect? I think one thing our forwards need and don't have is a guy with a short ball at the line who can get the receivers noses through the line for a quick play the ball, but also with the games sense and physicality to hold the ball and get a quick ptb of his own if the defence hold off him.
I dont think the forwards are doing enough but I think they are on a hiding to nothing just hitting it straight up off a half or Api.
I would put Latu at lock to sharpen our attack

Back