Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Currently we have our top 30 spots locked up for 2025 if the options for Uto, Sezer & Tumeth are exercised.

We all know that there will likely be a player or 2 currently under contract moved on which will free up some more spots.

But it got me thinking which young players do we have could be integral to the team based on their physical attributes (and what we currently lack in our top 17) ...

1 Jordan Miller - big, metre-eating prop with offloading ability.
2 Solo Saukuru - big tackle-busting centre/wing with good aerial ability.
3 Heath Mason - dynamo with quick acceleration & footwork.
4 Nav Willett - tall, strong wing/centre with with good aerial ability.
5 Herman Tofaeono - explosive prop that can bust a line, provide impact off bench.
6 Lachlan Broederlow - strong, powerful backrower in both A&D, brings effort.
7 Luke Laulilii - strong, powerful tackle-breaking wing.

There was a good article this morning on MSN where Billy Slater offered his opinion that the WTS with the purchases of Luai, Turuva and the emergence of very good young talent are on the way up. Slater imo is one of the best commentators and his opinions are to a large extent free from club bias. I would like him at our club as a consultant.
He's way better than Cronk. Cronk comes across like a rich spoilt school kid. Thinks everyone is below him. He was lucky with the teams/systems he played in. Never did it tough and turned a struggling team around.

The Slater article, he thinks we are trending up.

Slater's bold call amid 'exciting' Tigers rebuild​

Billy Slater has made a bold call on the Wests Tigers, claiming the struggling club is "not far off" after landing some massive recruitment coups in recent months.

After locking in the services of three-time premiership winner Jarome Luai for 2025 and beyond, the Tigers also managed to sign Penrith teammate Sunia Turuva on a three-year deal beginning next season.

Despite the interest from St George Illawarra and a desire from the Panthers to retain the 2023 Dally M Rookie of the Year, Turuva surprised many by opting to move to Concord, where he will add plenty of spark out wide for Benji Marshall's side.

The club has also brought in Api Koroisau, John Bateman and Isaiah Papali'i over the past 18 months, bolstering the roster in the middle of the field.

And according to Slater, Marshall's team is on the cusp of something special with the likes of young stars Lachlan Galvin, Jahream Bula and Latu Fainu also coming through.

Fullscreen button

Lachlan Galvin has been a standout for the Tigers in 2024.

Lachlan Galvin has been a standout for the Tigers in 2024.© Getty
"They are certainly building something there," he said on Nine's Billy Slater Podcast.

"If we see some growth in Lachlan Galvin and these young guys coming through and put some experienced and classy players around them, they are not too far off.

"If you're a Tigers fan, I'd be getting pretty excited."

Galvin has been brilliant in his first handful of games in the top grade, while the excitement machine that is Bula in the No.1 jumper continues to show great potential.

And the impending arrival of Turuva, who played in last year's grand final for the Panthers, will add a vital cog in the wheel to Marshall's backline.

Fullscreen button

Sunia Turuva will head to the Tigers next year.

Sunia Turuva will head to the Tigers next year.© Getty
"He brings a whole heap to the game," Slater said.

"Now more than ever, the wingers bring so much to the game.

"They are not just tryscorers, which Sunia Turuva is wonderful at, but I believe he does his best work up the other end of the field when he brings the ball out of trouble.

"Sunia is a great pick-up. He is a wonderful player, he is only young, and to get someone like that at the Tigers [is great]."

Currently we have our top 30 spots locked up for 2025 if the options for Uto, Sezer & Tumeth are exercised.

We all know that there will likely be a player or 2 currently under contract moved on which will free up some more spots.

But it got me thinking which young players do we have could be integral to the team based on their physical attributes (and what we currently lack in our top 17) ...

1 Jordan Miller - big, metre-eating prop with offloading ability.
2 Solo Saukuru - big tackle-busting centre/wing with good aerial ability.
3 Heath Mason - dynamo with quick acceleration & footwork.
4 Nav Willett - tall, strong wing/centre with with good aerial ability.
5 Herman Tofaeono - explosive prop that can bust a line, provide impact off bench.
6 Lachlan Broederlow - strong, powerful backrower in both A&D, brings effort.
7 Luke Laulilii - strong, powerful tackle-breaking wing.
I really like Luke Laulilii from what i have seen so far this season and think he may be the most underrated of the young prospects coming through. He also has a clear path to first grade given our lack of standout wingers. It seems like the club are happy with his progress given he has gone from SG Ball to Flegg to NSW Cup already this season.

He made the Aus schoolboy side last year along with Galvin and Mason albeit being one year younger (18 this year) and is still eligible for SG Ball next season.

His speed, agility, power and ball running style reminds me a of a young Val Homes who also played his juniors at fullback but came into grade as winger at the Sharks.

I really like Luke Laulilii from what i have seen so far this season and think he may be the most underrated of the young prospects coming through. He also has a clear path to first grade given our lack of standout wingers. It seems like the club are happy with his progress given he has gone from SG Ball to Flegg to NSW Cup already this season.

He made the Aus schoolboy side last year along with Galvin and Mason albeit being one year younger (18 this year) and is still eligible for SG Ball next season.

His speed, agility, power and ball running style reminds me a of a young Val Homes who also played his juniors at fullback but came into grade as winger at the Sharks.
I'm a fan of his too, just not sure whether his height is going to be an issue at NRL level. He's runs the ball as powerfully as forward but is a bit suspect catching bombs.

Benji seems to like stocky centres so maybe that's the plan for him.

Last edited:
He's way better than Cronk. Cronk comes across like a rich spoilt school kid. Thinks everyone is below him. He was lucky with the teams/systems he played in. Never did it tough and turned a struggling team around.
Cronk is so obsessed with mid system players like Cogger and Hutchison. You can see he doesn't prefer the Benji's and JT's who are livewires

There was a good article this morning on MSN where Billy Slater offered his opinion that the WTS with the purchases of Luai, Turuva and the emergence of very good young talent are on the way up. Slater imo is one of the best commentators and his opinions are to a large extent free from club bias. I would like him at our club as a consultant.
I Wonder how Skando would feel about thatScreenshot_20240501_172301_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

I'm a fan of his too, just not sure whether his height is going to be an issue at NRL level. He's runs the ball as powerfully as forward but is a bit suspect catching bombs.

Benji seems to like stocky centres so maybe that's the plan for him.
no doubt he has to work on being under the high ball and defending in the front line, but his short term future is absolutely on the wing.

he's short, but so are Brian To'o, Sunia Turuva, Taylan May and Izack Tago, and they all play in the backline of the best club side I've ever seen. there are ways to counteract bigger wingers, but we have work to do in that area.

that said, I think it wouldn't be forever. Makasini isn't far off and Navren Willett from what I've seen has every chance of becoming a regular first grader. Luke though, in my view, will start his first grade career on the wing.

no doubt he has to work on being under the high ball and defending in the front line, but his short term future is absolutely on the wing.

he's short, but so are Brian To'o, Sunia Turuva, Taylan May and Izack Tago, and they all play in the backline of the best club side I've ever seen. there are ways to counteract bigger wingers, but we have work to do in that area.

that said, I think it wouldn't be forever. Makasini isn't far off and Navren Willett from what I've seen has every chance of becoming a regular first grader. Luke though, in my view, will start his first grade career on the wing.
That'll be a serious back line if all those players really work out how we hope.

1 Bula
2 Willett
3 Turuva
4 Makasini
5 Lualiliii

Or similar... rate it

The Slater article, he thinks we are trending up.

Slater's bold call amid 'exciting' Tigers rebuild​

Billy Slater has made a bold call on the Wests Tigers, claiming the struggling club is "not far off" after landing some massive recruitment coups in recent months.

After locking in the services of three-time premiership winner Jarome Luai for 2025 and beyond, the Tigers also managed to sign Penrith teammate Sunia Turuva on a three-year deal beginning next season.

Despite the interest from St George Illawarra and a desire from the Panthers to retain the 2023 Dally M Rookie of the Year, Turuva surprised many by opting to move to Concord, where he will add plenty of spark out wide for Benji Marshall's side.

The club has also brought in Api Koroisau, John Bateman and Isaiah Papali'i over the past 18 months, bolstering the roster in the middle of the field.

And according to Slater, Marshall's team is on the cusp of something special with the likes of young stars Lachlan Galvin, Jahream Bula and Latu Fainu also coming through.

Fullscreen button

Lachlan Galvin has been a standout for the Tigers in 2024.

Lachlan Galvin has been a standout for the Tigers in 2024.© Getty
"They are certainly building something there," he said on Nine's Billy Slater Podcast.

"If we see some growth in Lachlan Galvin and these young guys coming through and put some experienced and classy players around them, they are not too far off.

"If you're a Tigers fan, I'd be getting pretty excited."

Galvin has been brilliant in his first handful of games in the top grade, while the excitement machine that is Bula in the No.1 jumper continues to show great potential.

And the impending arrival of Turuva, who played in last year's grand final for the Panthers, will add a vital cog in the wheel to Marshall's backline.

Fullscreen button

Sunia Turuva will head to the Tigers next year.

Sunia Turuva will head to the Tigers next year.© Getty
"He brings a whole heap to the game," Slater said.

"Now more than ever, the wingers bring so much to the game.

"They are not just tryscorers, which Sunia Turuva is wonderful at, but I believe he does his best work up the other end of the field when he brings the ball out of trouble.

"Sunia is a great pick-up. He is a wonderful player, he is only young, and to get someone like that at the Tigers [is great]."
Billy is one of the few in the media who regularly speak positively about Wests Tigers.
As others have alluded to, getting him on board as a consultant and/or to work with our attack once per week would be a huge plus.

My question is, where is @THE_POM?
Pretty sure he left after posting something about Pasco falling on his sword awhile ago, then it never eventuated, which is funny in hindsight cause we all know what happened in the end and after it all Pasco said he had drawn up his resignation ages ago. So maybe POM did have the real inside info. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure he left after posting something about Pasco falling on his sword awhile ago, then it never eventuated, which is funny in hindsight cause we all know what happened in the end and after it all Pasco said he had drawn up his resignation ages ago. So maybe POM did have the real inside info. 🤷‍♂️
What about @Lee's fedora and @smoking gun?

Whatever happened to them?

Billy is one of the few in the media who regularly speak positively about Wests Tigers.
As others have alluded to, getting him on board as a consultant and/or to work with our attack once per week would be a huge plus.
Yes don’t mind him at all seems to speak well about teams and has a solid knowledge of the game , it was Him , Cam Smith and Cronk who made up the cross field runs and plays storm did for years , I watched his interview when he spoke of it , yes he would be a great attack help out but does he do any work for the storm

Latest posts

Back