Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Of course they are…marquee players only want to go to the rich clubs, whereas the poorer clubs at the Bottom of the ladder clubs get the washed up players at overs…..NRL needs a draft
So Luai and Turuva are washed up? And the NRL draft while I wouldn’t be against it I highly doubt it’ll be brought back.

I agree i think we have to go to market and i believe we will if someone suddenly becomes available, our problem is i think we have to shift some on before we can move.
All the noise is about we are done in the market, but I would hope in the background Richo is plotting some moves with Benji and co. They can't be happy with what we have, I can see they don't want to block paths but besides Galvin and one or 2 others the rest are a couple of years away minimum.
Yep we need to start the clean out now as this season is basically over in both first grade and reserve grade , First grade top 8 probably need to win every game bar 1 or 2 , it’s not possible , reality tells us that
sell now and use there funds , note only guess what they earn
Bud = $ 400 - $ 450 k
Seyfart = $;250 k
Twally - $350 maybe $ 400.k I like him but no impact , we need impact
Nadan - $ 350 k
Tumeth - Matta - Feledy $ 400 k in this lot who can’t even help reserve grade compete ., if Matta is wanted play him now and test him out otherwise se ya
So the sale would give us around $ 2 million ,
probably 3 more at least in the teams as well to follow suite , Benji to save his own butt needs to be brutal in the cutting of players and buy quality fringe first graders who are stuck behind gun players or go in hard for the likes of Fifita , big body prop we need , then a centre and hard running back rower or ,
2 million gets you 3 good players then promote these so called guns coming through

Hazleton would be a lot cheaper than Oregon, so they may opt for him to keep the investment in props spread out more. You need the cheapies to go with the high paid stars.

Where the sharks have Hazleton in their top 30, we ahve the likes of Sione Fainu and Miller. They get value out of their top 30 roster, we give contracts to players who haven't earned it yet. Hazleton was a standout in cup for a year before he made the step up too. He earned his shot, we just give anyone who's fit a run. A big difference in development pathways
Exactly right.

Though I think that setup is a reflection of the past systems probably moreso than any other lingering aspect. Short of managing to shop them all on, this sort of stuff genuinely takes 3/4 years to clear.

I think the squad list opens up a bit in 2026 and beyond. But for this year and next, it's packed to the rafters with ifs, buts and maybes thanks to the old administration; the gift that keeps on giving.

Of course they are…marquee players only want to go to the rich clubs, whereas the poorer clubs at the Bottom of the ladder clubs get the washed up players at overs…..NRL needs a draft
Absolutely agree.

The response of 'can you blame them' is a tired trope. Yeh, I can. The underdog story is dying in our code for that reason. Credit to Api, Luai and Turuva for wanting to build something from the ground up.

Ultimately, whether the game know it or not, having an even competition is the best way to make dollars.

NRL are so pathetic, if they had a draft they would catch a cold.

With AFB coming, i reckon one of Rudolph or Kaufusi could be possibly on the move, only 2 an start. Oregon is mates with Stef so you never know....

The sharks recruitment and retention is outstanding at all grades. There are no guarantees but they always have competitive teams in all grades, with top talents coming through the ranks and integrating them well through the grades.

We should be looking at what the Sharks and Raiders do, just as much as Penrith.
We should be poaching their talent scouts, recruiters; because ours a very mediocre.

What are you talking about.....
He doesn't get field time, because he doesn't do anything out there to deserve it.
How's Sam Fainu going for game time?
At 20 years old with 12 Games behind him....
Earned himself a starting spot.

Have your 'favourites' all you like, Bottom line is
- If he was a half decent player, He'd be getting game time.

Biggest problem is, We don't have anything better that Alex to take his spot....
I’d jump in but you’re winning this debate on your own.
I was gunna mention my new fav player, the Tigers next rep player Samuela Fainu. He’s been killing it, progressing the way a good young forward should.
You know Sayfart had some good games for a young bloke but he reached his ceiling very early in his career, I think SAM can’t see his ceiling yet.

I’d jump in but you’re winning this debate on your own.
I was gunna mention my new fav player, the Tigers next rep player Samuela Fainu. He’s been killing it, progressing the way a good young forward should.
You know Sayfart had some good games for a young bloke but he reached his ceiling very early in his career, I think SAM can’t see his ceiling yet.

All good....
I'm not really winning anything, Moreso someone is defending the indefensible...

They're different kids, and I'm not looking to compare them - Merely pointing out what happens when a player has an impact... They promote themselves.

Arguing Seyfarth isn't getting much work done because he's not getting minutes is just dumb...
It's exactly the opposite,
He's not getting much minutes because he's not getting anything done...

Why would Fifita come to an underperforming club like the Tigers - he's been part of one for years and is probably sick of it ?. He wants to win a premiership and that's not going to happen here not even if he joins. Penrith are in that window now and will probably do it again within the next 3 years if he joins.
He is off to the Roosters from what I have heard

I believe our backline next year will go alright .. we have to fix our forwards up .. Stef, Sam Fainu and Pole have some grunt and go forward in them .. whilst Papalii, Kelmmer, and Bateman give hard honest efforts .. but unfortunately the rest give us stuff .. I like Twal but really .. he never breaks or bends the line backwards. We need to be hard and ruthless from here in .. we will have to release several forwards and go after a hard nose front row or back rower who breaks the line regularly .. one who can win you a game with their efforts .. I have no idea who that may be at this stage .. whether we look overseas and find the next Gareth Ellis .. or look at the NRL find a David Fifita like player .. ?? Im not seeing any forwards from the lower grade who excite me much .. i had hopes for Miller and Faagutu .. but they aren't showing too much down there .. (would love to be proven wrong).

Manly have Haumole Olakau'atu .. South have Keanon Koloamatangi .. Rorters have Angus Crichton .. Faiders have Hudson Young .. these types of player can all win you a game out of nothing .. we have to find someone in their style .. ??

Back