Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Should we look at offering Luke Garner another contract? After 2 years in the Penrith system he would be better equiped to be that dependable back rower that can play 80mins on an edge with a bit of strike.

So we can watch him have a little giggle to himself anytime he gives away one of his stupid penalties on tackle 5 like he used to do last time he was here? No [This word has been automatically removed]ing thank you.

So we can watch him have a little giggle to himself anytime he gives away one of his stupid penalties on tackle 5 like he used to do last time he was here? No [This word has been automatically removed]ing thank you.
If you know you know. Thinks effort areas are the hard places to reach with his comb.

Look at our list:
  • Adam Doueihi - Played International footy 8 times
  • Aidan Sezer - Played 225 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played 1 NRL GF
  • Alex Seyfarth
  • Alex Twal - Played 131 top level games, Played International footy 4 times
  • Api Koroisau - Played 198 top level games, Played International footy 17 times, Played SOO 4 times, Played in 4 NRL GF's
  • Asu Kepaoa
  • Brandon Tumeth
  • Brent Naden - Played 1 NRL GF
  • Charlie Staines - Played International footy 1 time, Played 1 NRL GF
  • David Klemmer - Played 226 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played International footy 19 times, Played SOO 14 times, Played 2 NRL GF's
  • Fonua Pole
  • Isaiah Papali'i - Played 147 top level games, Played International footy 11 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jahream Bula - Played International footy 3 times
  • Jake Simpkin
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • John Bateman - Played 270 top level games, Played International footy 28 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jordan Miller
  • Josh Feledy
  • Junior Tupou - Played International footy 1 time
  • Justin Matamua
  • Justin Olam - Played 111 top level games, Played International footy 14 times, Played PMs 13, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Lachlan Galvin
  • Latu Fainu
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Sione Fainu
  • Solomon Alaimalo
  • Starford To'a - Played International footy 1 time
  • Stefano Utoikamanu - Played International footy 2 times, Played SOO 1 time
  • Tallyn Da Silva
Our squad has been around and experienced a fair bit collectively. There are enough members in this squad who have lots of big game experience and/or have come out of the best clubs of the modern era.
There are too many players in this squad who know what they are doing for this team to lose as much as it does. Can it be improved? absolutely. However winning only 10 games from our last 60 starts is bullshit.
How many of those players come from a background of winning culture? How many of them are playing for the jersey?

Well the Roosters aint going to win a premiership in the next 3 years either. Underperforming club with the roster they have. They start favourites every year, particularly with the journos, because they are all scared of Nick Politis and suckered in by Robinson's sermonic monologues. Does anyone else think he is a complete bore who loves the sound of his own voice?. I would rather listen to AFL coaches talk about disposals or whatever it is they call it than listen to TR.
Also heard they are trying to get another year from Teddy and they will pay more then the Panther's for big Dave

How many of those players come from a background of winning culture? How many of them are playing for the jersey?
Nine of them have. Four of them have played in grand finals in the past 2 years.

Doueihi - Souths made the Prelims in 18 & 19
Sezer - Canberra made the Prelims in 16 and a GF in 19, Leeds made the GF in 22
Koroisau - Souths played the GF in 14, Manly played finals in 17 and 19, Penrith played GFs in 20, 21 and 22.
Naden - Penrith played the GF in 20 and 21.
Staines - Penrith played the GF in 20, 21, 22.
Klemmer - Canterbury played finals in 13, 15 and 16 and the GF in 14, Newcastle played finals in 20 and 21.
Papali'i - Warriors played finals in 18, Parramatta played finals in 21 and the GF in 22.
Bateman - Canberra played the GF in 19 and finals in 20, Wigan played finals in 14, 15 and the GF in 16 and 18.
Olam - Melbourne played in finals in 19, 21, 22, 23 and the GF's in 18 and 20.

As for the silly line about playing for the jersey...they are all professional athletes whose services have been paid for.

Nine of them have. Four of them have played in grand finals in the past 2 years.

Koroisau - Souths played the GF in 14, Manly played finals in 17 and 19, Penrith played GFs in 20, 21 and 22.
Klemmer - Canterbury played finals in 13, 15 and 16 and the GF in 14, Newcastle played finals in 20 and 21.
Papali'i - Warriors played finals in 18, Parramatta played finals in 21 and the GF in 22.
Bateman - Canberra played the GF in 19 and finals in 20, Wigan played finals in 14, 15 and the GF in 16 and 18.

As for the silly line about playing for the jersey...they are all professional athletes whose services have been paid for.
Silly line hahaha.
Maybe you’re right? The jersey and all its underlying factors means nothing to them, but it should.
Your alternative of ‘you’ve been paid to do a job, get out there and do it’ or ‘you’ve been paid now keep up your side of the deal’ sounds demotivating and lacks elements of what it means to be a member of a team.
The blues coach understands the meaning of the jersey, and how it can create obsession to succeed.

Is Taumalolo no good these days? Haven't seen the cowboys play much and surprised he's #17. The guy was incredible and is only 30. Payten never seemed that interested in him. What's his form like? I'm sure Cowboys would be happy to offload his contract if they're playing him off the bench but clubs probably can't get near his salary.
He hasn't particularly impressed but I've heard he can't train half the week due to a busted knee. Workload occasionally needs to be managed during games as well.

Is Taumalolo no good these days? Haven't seen the cowboys play much and surprised he's #17. The guy was incredible and is only 30. Payten never seemed that interested in him. What's his form like? I'm sure Cowboys would be happy to offload his contract if they're playing him off the bench but clubs probably can't get near his salary.
He was brought up on almost second page on this thread a couple of years ago. The silence is deafening now.

I think you would have to pry him out with a crowbar he loves living in Townsville and the warm weather last time I was up there was in town chatting to a friend and he went past us on a skateboard

Staines only played the 22 GF.
Naden 20 GF.

Members online

Back