Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So the fact they are losing Manu and most likely Crichton gives them no money to spend elsewhere?
Easts.... Worrying about the salary cap.

hahahahahaha!

I am sure Unkle Nick's favourite cap he calls "salary" and can reach into that cap and pull whatever he wants out of it. Seriously if you get the same money offers from Easts and PENRITH, would you take:
3x premieres with Yeo, Martin and Clearly
OR
2x recent premieres who have Spencer Leniu and Lindsay.

Unkle Moneybags wears the salary cap, he don't worry about these things.

Reactions: 851
Naden can play but every 3 games or so he has an absolute shocker and singlehandedly loses the game for the team. Every time we have him in the team we have to hope he’s not going to have one of those days.

The sad part is there is no one we can replace him with.

Problem with this team is we don’t have consistent first graders. Sullivan finally has a decent game and this time other players cost the team. There is every chance next week it will be the other way around.
Consistency, consistency, consistency....

We seem to not be breeding performance and most definately not breeding consistency.

Benji needs to flex some of his influence and get some players through the door.

Backs advised to find new clubs;
- Brent Naden
- Staford Toa
- Charlie Staines

- Solomon Alaimalo, no contract offer for 2025
- Feledy, can see his contract out playing cup (2025)
- Faatape, he is depth only
- Kepoa, off contract 2024 / no new contract considered.

Players targeted ;
Early releases needed.

- Blaize Talagi (Parra)
- Ali Leiataua (NZ)
- Israel Leota (Bris)
- Semi Valemai (NQ , off contract)
- Jack Bostock (2025, off contract)

Start making some moves.
Are they all backs , WE need forwards , with mongrel and we need at least 3-4 , u can’t win games without forwards , if u have ever coached or played this would be something u need to build a team

Ok here we go….

Surely, every week in training you could see that the players we have, and the team picked each week is not up to it?

Even the bench - name me one player that would cause any nrl coach bother in game prep, or strike any fear into the opposition ? Nadda, no one.

Our attack is poor, there is no cohesion , and my mind is boggled, as our head coach was an attacking apex warrior in his prime time ?

Staines, toa, naden - honestly they are poor.

Bula - I think such a long deal on massive $$$, we got hyped in a shithouse season and signed on hope.

We play with no vigour , intent or focus.

Galvin I hope kicks on , ball playing lock after a year or two in the gym and growing ?

Look in qld - don’t see a lot of nsw cup . Can anyone comment on Isiah Iongi? Penrith fullback , Preston Riki , young Skelton at the dogs seems to get a lot of wraps?

We haven had a decent centre in over 10 years. Yet it is constantly our weakness.

Heath Mason going ok ?

Latu isn’t a 9… the kid is the 6.

Bateman - sheenius signing, he’s not the player he was , and fair enough too I guess.
Staines has been decent this year in terms of yardage and under the highball and as for Bula the guy is about 30 games into his career and visibly improving each week and if you can’t see that your blind

Bula - I think such a long deal on massive $$$, we got hyped in a shithouse season and signed on hope
Bula has had one proper preseason, and this will be his first full season ever. Plus he is one of the youngest players starting fullback, as well as showing some of the most promise and heart out of anyone in our team. You are whining about the wrong players, when someone like seyfarth plays every game doing nothing but arking up, high tackles and giving away penalties

If we won yesterday. No one would be mentioning a few guys.
2 point win vs loss brings out alot of overreactions .
Bula tried his heart out and stats don’t lie.
Some Derek’s here wanting him gone is stupid after 25 games.
Yes we miss strike. But also anyone thinking our roster wasn’t bottom 2 start of year is dumb.
Excited for Willett who seems to be a try scorer X factor winger we have lacked for
Stefano leaving will put us back in front row depth with little ready to step up internally.
Only shining light is its looks like Miller finally improving and likely ready mid/end of next year!

Yes we miss strike. But also anyone thinking our roster wasn’t bottom 2 start of year is dumb.
Excited for Willett who seems to be a try scorer X factor winger we have lacked for
Stefano leaving will put us back a few years with little ready to step up.
Only shining light is its looks like Miller finally improving and likely ready mid/end of next year!
thats if stef leaves though, and i much agree that Bula is the heart and soul of our team. We will slowly get better, If anybody thought we were gonna have huge improvements in our team when our roster arguably just got worse (with departure of brooks) then it is a bit of a joke. We have had great signs, Galvin and Sam Fainu to name some. Patience is key, and just hope our club management doesn't prioritise corporate over fans and footy like it is seeming thus far.

Stefano leaving will put us back in front row depth with little ready to step up internally.

Bula given age and performance is our best player and prospect. We need to stop criticising good players because of a bad overall team. The deficiencies are clearly in the outside backs.

Bula has had one proper preseason, and this will be his first full season ever. Plus he is one of the youngest players starting fullback, as well as showing some of the most promise and heart out of anyone in our team. You are whining about the wrong players, when someone like seyfarth plays every game doing nothing but arking up, high tackles and giving away penalties

I certainly agree with your comments about Bula but not Seyfarth as he not only is playing with passion but also backing up his teammates.He will never be a world beater but is the style of player that you need in your squad

Back