Coastal Destinations

Probably should be moved to a coast chat but I agree. GC itself is also quite dirty at times. Hate the look of high rise apartments by the sea. South Coast NSW is quite underrated but its too cold for large chunks of the year. WA is spectacular north to south. I've definitely got a soft spot for Newy upwards.
If u fund my sea side spot I will go were ever u say 😎😳😜

I have relatives in the Gong and it's very overrated. There are a lot of bogans there. Pretty sure a place called Warrawong has the highest crime rate in NSW
Lived near there and while there are some idiots it's no different to anywhere else except it has great beaches and fishing.
Have friends who live In Port Kembla. Magic place. Same with friends who live in Wingdang. 50 metres from the beach with nothing between their house n the beach but sand dunes.

Last edited:
Lived near there and while there are some idiots it's no different to anywhere else except it has great beaches and fishing.
Have friends who live In Port Kembla. Magic place. Same with friends who live in Wingdang. 50 metres from the beach with nothing between their house n the beach but sand dunes.
Port Kembla is very underrated and the beach is great.

Wollongong is Mount Druitt on the water. Kiama and Shellharbour are far nicer.
Austinmer, Thirroul, Coledale, Wombarra and Balgownie are just a few suburbs which offer a superior lifestyle. The Northern Beaches of Wollongong offer a far superior quality of life from where I formerly lived at Woolooware. Shellharbour would not be a suburb of choice.

Windang and those coastal areas are quite nice. It's more outwards a bit in Mangerton, Albion Park (not part of Gong but close) etc. which are not nice places

Austinmer, Thirroul, Coledale, Wombarra and Balgownie are just a few suburbs which offer a superior lifestyle. The Northern Beaches of Wollongong offer a far superior quality of life from where I formerly lived at Woolooware. Shellharbour would not be a suburb of choice.
Don’t tell too many people Paws - let them believe it’s crap. I personally live in the area but grew up out west. I’ll take the Gong any day.

Back