Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Oh yep you’re right. Could have sworn I’d seen some stuff online he was looking around. Disregard that!
There were rumours that he wanted to return to Sydney but he himself came out and said it’s not true

That's the problem. If Turuva is going to be a centre, we need a winger and if he's a winger we need a centre. Either way they have to be NRL quality and there aren't many available.
I presume we’ve paid him centre money and will give him first dibs there.

You like how he plays or you like him?

I hate him. The way he prances around, his head, his way too straight back, hate him. If you want an insight into his personality look no further than when he was on the rape charges. He was walking around Wollongong in red speedos walking his dog. Now I know that's no crime, but if your in the public eye on rape charges you don't walk the streets in speedos. There is just something weird about that.

However as a player he is a fantastic lock. Big body, works hard and carries the ball very deep into the line creating space for his halves. Not sure that's enough to want him in a Tigers jersey though. Not that head.
Like the way he plays.

You like how he plays or you like him?

I hate him. The way he prances around, his head, his way too straight back, hate him. If you want an insight into his personality look no further than when he was on the rape charges. He was walking around Wollongong in red speedos walking his dog. Now I know that's no crime, but if your in the public eye on rape charges you don't walk the streets in speedos. There is just something weird about that.

However as a player he is a fantastic lock. Big body, works hard and carries the ball very deep into the line creating space for his halves. Not sure that's enough to want him in a Tigers jersey though. Not that head.
"He was walking around Wollongong in red speedos walking his dog." _ if it's not a crime it should be!!!!

This is true and has been for a long time, yet I find Illawarra are rarely acknowledged in NRL circles these days. The narrative is all St George, the history of the Big Red V yadda, yadda.
It’s a complete take over from an optics POV. Quite disgraceful really. But they have the location and the juniors.

Steelers copped a raw deal. They got classified as a Sydney team, which put them in danger of being thrown out, cos of the old too many teams in Sydney rubbish. So they approached the Dragons. They probably felt like they had no bargaining power in regards to what they could demand. Interestingly enough, they turned down approaches by the Magpies and Sharks in 98. Would have been a far different landscape if they merged with the Magpies. Would be no WT’s. Balmain probably would have merged with Parra.

St George Illawarra have emerged as a major threat for the signature of young gun Parramatta local junior Blaize Talagi.

The Eels have tabled a three-year deal well in excess of $1 million to retain Talagi but the Dragons have been working hard behind-the-scenes to try and get a deal done for the last couple of months.

Zac Lomax set to switch clubs and join the Eels to play in the centres next season while the Dragons have told Talagi there’s a clear pathway straight into the Red V NRL side in the centres.

Steelers copped a raw deal. They got classified as a Sydney team, which put them in danger of being thrown out, cos of the old too many teams in Sydney rubbish. So they approached the Dragons. They probably felt like they had no bargaining power in regards to what they could demand. Interestingly enough, they turned down approaches by the Magpies and Sharks in 98. Would have been a far different landscape if they merged with the Magpies. Would be no WT’s. Balmain probably would have merged with Parra.
And the stadium imbroglio we find ourselves in may have been a non issue. Having said that I'm all on board the WT and happy with our merger.

Back