Coastal Destinations

Good to hear Mikey, I am in Port Macquarie. Wrapped in beautiful beaches and a pretty good climate all year round.
Nambucca is the same but on a much smaller scale. Used to be a bit edgy here with some hotels being first stop out of his majesty's in Grafton and Kempsey but times have changed.

Don’t tell too many people Paws - let them believe it’s crap. I personally live in the area but grew up out west. I’ll take the Gong any day.
Brother has been in Bulli for 30 plus years. He loves Sandon Point, caught more fish than a Chinese factory trawler at Headies.

Nambucca is the same but on a much smaller scale. Used to be a bit edgy here with some hotels being first stop out of his majesty's in Grafton and Kempsey but times have changed.
I’m up in bellingen truly gods country

Bloody hot in summer but

I’m up in bellingen truly gods country

Bloody hot in summer but
It's beautiful and is actually where my grandmothers side of the family is from. She was a Moody but also is related to the Rose family.
Funny thing is house we bought in Nambucca was built and owned by a Rose

We have a block at Bonny Hills and will be retiring there when I finish working, we will be 650m from the Rainbow beach Surf club and patrolled beach, so not far away
Close to the mighty Oxley Hwy for a scratch as well, mate!!

Reactions: 851
I’m
Austinmer, Thirroul, Coledale, Wombarra and Balgownie are just a few suburbs which offer a superior lifestyle. The Northern Beaches of Wollongong offer a far superior quality of life from where I formerly lived at Woolooware. Shellharbour would not be a suburb of choice.
The traffic through there is a nightmare . Especially on the weekend . Whilst it is beautiful , it’s pretty elitist and full of expats from Sydney / England . It’s basically Bondi lite .
Disagree completely about Shellharbour .

Don’t tell too many people Paws - let them believe it’s crap. I personally live in the area but grew up out west. I’ll take the Gong any day.
Not sure if it was just the area, but I used to spend a bit of time in Wollongong for work and around the train station it was chock full of junkies in the middle of the day. It can be true that a place is both beautiful, yet full of misfits. It generally felt unsafe, but I accept its individual as to the standards we accept.

For me Nowra is like Mt Druitt as it was when I left Shitney 25 years ago.

Back