Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That would surprise me
I don’t think Sam Burgess’ ego would allow him to be an assistant coach.
But if we could be sure he was not trying to undermine Benji and wanted to be an assistant coach for genuine reasons, he would be perfect with his highly aggressive, no nonsense approach.
I don’t think our forwards or any player would be game to play half hearted if Sam Burgess was overseeing them as an assistant coach.
 
Last edited:
I don’t think Sam Burgess’ ego would allow him tj be an assistant coach.
But if we could be sure he was not trying to undermine Benji and wanted to be an assistant coach for genuine reasons, he would be perfect with his highly aggressive, no nonsense approach.
I don’t think our forwards or any player would be game to play half hearted of Sam Burgess was overseeing them as an assistant coach.

I would like the authority type figure like him around, someone who commands respect. However i think its impossible to know if he would be a good defensive coach. Could Sam Butgess really analyse a defensive structure, identify the small subtleties we are doing wrong that lead to bigger damage out wide or a few tackles later? Can he articulate and deliver the messages required to have all palyers on the same page and in full understanding of what they are required to do in a number of different situations? Im not sure he has the brains and tactical nouse. I could be wrong, maybe Sam is super intelligent, who knows.
 
I’m not sure, but I’d guess it’s lack of NRL game time and being on a bare minimum wage.
He is all fire and brimstone, would be a great addition for us

He has played 20 NRL games and is behind better players …

They have lost Henry now , and possibly Leota as well in 12 months …

If I was a betting man I would be wagering he will stay there
 
I would like the authority type figure like him around, someone who commands respect. However i think its impossible to know if he would be a good defensive coach. Could Sam Butgess really analyse a defensive structure, identify the small subtleties we are doing wrong that lead to bigger damage out wide or a few tackles later? Can he articulate and deliver the messages required to have all palyers on the same page and in full understanding of what they are required to do in a number of different situations? Im not sure he has the brains and tactical nouse. I could be wrong, maybe Sam is super intelligent, who knows.
I agree it’s unlikely he would be a good defensive coach.
I would ideally make an extra coaching position for him, forwards and contact coach.
 
He has played 20 NRL games and is behind better players …

They have lost Henry now , and possibly Leota as well in 12 months …

If I was a betting man I would be wagering he will stay there
Well I though he was a big part of their plans moving forward, but o saw a very recent report advising he is free to explore his options for 2027 and beyond.
It can’t be based on lack of ability, so I’m guessing he has complained about lack of regular NRL game time and quite likely is wanting a pay rise above the minimum wage and it’s unlikely the Panthers have the capacity to offer him anything higher.
 
Well I though he was a big part of their plans moving forward, but o saw a very recent report advising he is free to explore his options for 2027 and beyond.
It can’t be based on lack of ability, so I’m guessing he has complained about lack of regular NRL game time and quite likely is wanting a pay rise above the minimum wage and it’s unlikely the Panthers have the capacity to offer him anything higher.

So how much are we going to have to pay for him ?
 
I would like the authority type figure like him around, someone who commands respect. However i think it’s impossible to know if he would be a good defensive coach. Could Sam Butgess really analyse a defensive structure, identify the small subtleties we are doing wrong that lead to bigger damage out wide or a few tackles later? Can he articulate and deliver the messages required to have all palyers on the same page and in full understanding of what they are required to do in a number of different situations? Im not sure he has the brains and tactical nouse. I could be wrong, maybe Sam is super intelligent, who knows.
If we got burgess I hope he would take over heighnos role with the forwards and effort areas
 
Maybe John Strange as our attack coach and it would be nice if he could bring his son with him.
These Roosters girls have better shape and more players in motion than most men’s NRL teams.
And there attacking kicking game is better than our men’s also,
Has a women's head coach ever transfered straight into a men's head coach position in the NRL ?
 

Members online

Back
Top