Seb Kris would be nice to have, but if he does leave the Raiders he will land a regular starting spot at some NRL club.Rocco Berry is off the market now, extending for a further season at the Wahs.
So if we're looking at a depth right centre/wing, I think most likely options are James Schiller, possibly Isaiah Tass & Seb Kris. Kris may be too pricey especially if it's just experienced 'depth' we seek.
If it's Schiller, Knights would have to subsidise a chunk of his reported salary of >$400k is correct for next season.
PS. If we're considering Schiller, surely the club is looking at Blake Wilson as an option too (less x-factor but much more reliable imo).
For us to give him a regular starting spot, it could only really be on the left wing ahead of Makasini and Tupou, although I personally rate him much higher than Turuva.
All that said, I’m pretty sure Benji plans on using Makasini as our regular left winger from the start of the 2027 season with Tupou as his competition for that spot.
As for Schiller, I think his best position is right centre, although he has played a fair bit of wing also
Blake Wilson is not a bad call, but I don’t think he has anywhere near the explosive speed and tackle busting ability that Schiller has.
Last edited:
