Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

News from today:
Ashton & Onitoni extend at manly until 2029

Sam Healey been told he can start looking around, is it worth a crack? I think he has proven to be a very good 9 in the NRL & will keep improving. Brailey is a short term investment & the other kid is very talented by all reports but never a certainty to work out
Good player, but we already have more hookers than Canterbury Road.
 
Of course you need a side with balance and the right mix of players. That is obvious. I can also take your point that some polynesians typically play a powerful brand of football.

My pushback is your point that the Tigers have overloaded on Polynesian players. Which players are you referring to out of our top 17? Out of those that play a "power game" I see Pole, maybe Stef and maybe Ice. I just don't think overloading on power players is even slightly an issue at the Tigers. Our list of issues is much, much longer than that.

I do disagree that teams who overload on polynesians struggle. By my count peak Penrith has 10/13 starting players with polynesian and/or maori heritage, Storm 2020 had 8/13 players with polynesian heritage (if you count Olam). So your statement is objectively not true.
What's the 2005 formula? Just Benji and Paul, and dene.
 
Back
Top