Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

"move Mbye to 5/8"
NO. ah NO. Mbye is NOT a 5/8\. The Bulldogs have proven this again and again.

I'd like this to be true , but there has been no mention in the media so I guess it was all b.s.

Walker on the outer at Manly…

Gutho & Pangai after $$$

1\. Clint Gutherson
2\. David Nofoaluma
3\. Dylan Walker
4\. Robert Jennings
5\. Paul Momirovski

6\. Josh Reynolds
7\. Luke Brooks

8\. Alex Twal
9\. Moses Mbye
10\. Tevita Pangai Junior
11\. Esan Marsters
12\. Ryan Matterson
13\. Josh Aloiai

14\. Thomas Mikaele
15\. Russell Packer
16\. Ben Matulino
17\. Michael Chee Kam

@Milky said:
Gutho & Pangai after $$$

Oh that's nice, we haven't got any $$$. Also still paying off fine and wearing the salary cap reduction in 2020.

Walker the wife basher? No thanks.

Is there a halfback anywhere in your book of lists Milky? I would take Chad Townsend if he is available. Not the flashiest half around, but a Premiership winner, who knows how to steer a team and we desperately need one who can.

I think we should try and get George Burgess and/or Marty Taupo they would add some much needed size to our pack…..also Zac lomax would be a great gk to have he can play fb,wing and centres and lastly Brailey would Ofer some good completion and depth to lidde

1\. Mbye
2\. Lomax (gk)
3\. Jennings
4\. Masters
5\. Thompson/nofo
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Twal
9\. Liddel or Brailey
10\. G Burgess
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson
13\. Marty Taupo
14\. Packer
15\. Aliolai
16\. ET or matinlino
17\. Garner

George Burgess I could manage but Bevan French is a coat, sorry no thanks.

@jirskyr said:
Oh that’s nice, we haven’t got any $$$. Also still paying off fine and wearing the salary cap reduction in 2020.

The breaches didn't affect us as badly as you think.

I think its time to move on from Liddle and focus on another 9 as he seems to have been the next big thing for a few years now but his body keeps letting him down.. Happy to keep him a reserve but need a decent 9 for next year and 2 big aggressive guys.. Burgess and Marty T for me..
Does anyone have any inside info on if we are even looking at players ?

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2019

Assuming this list is up to date, I'd be throwing the kitchen sink at gutherson. He seems happy at Parra but everyone has a price. He is a good kicker and an upgrade on all of our options 1-5, possibly 6 too.

I'd be looking at effective and underrated props from successful clubs, like trying to lure Tatola back.

Who we keep out of the 14 we have off contract is more interesting. Is Aloiai chucking a Sue and trying to pump up his next contract? Smith, Mikaele, Lawrence, Garner are the other 4 I'd keep. 1 of Fonua or Thompson as well. I'd give Gamble a chance over coming weeks to see if he has what it takes.

What do others think?

@hsvjones said:
I think its time to move on from Liddle and focus on another 9

I'd like to see Braden Robson given a go off the bench. Has been tried in a few positions in ISP and has always done well. Seems to have found his niche as hooker. His stats although over a small amount of games are impressive.

Parramatta only offering Gutho 450k a year. He is asking 700k.
Maybe we could snag him somewhere in between.

@matchball said:
Parramatta only offering Gutho 450k a year. He is asking 700k.
Maybe we could snag him somewhere in between.

What’s the realistic position you would play him in?

Latest posts

Back