Soccer Super Thread

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I'd love to have another crack at this….

Your in Chris

Still hating on Man U I guess

The 6 games are up , put your selections in whenever you are ready

Don't forget we also have a Last Man Standing comp which Foreveratiger is running if you wish to join also

I'll join the last man standing as well and as for those scumbags from Old Trafford, I think I hate them just that little bit more each year.

Im praying to God that Mourinho stays with them. They seem like the perfect fit for each other :wink:

Just a pity you Scousers will be 0-1 after Sunday week

And there's also the EPL Fantasy League too - just check out the thread, and JOIN the FUN!

Sorry Tiger_1 , very rude of me , EPL Fantasy League is brilliant , give it a look if you have never tried it , well worth it

All good champion happy tiger.

There's always room for more fun on this forum.

Teams entered so far:

tiger_one Laroche Lions
Mrs tiger_one Bon Vivant
Swag tiger Edmunds club
WT2K Blanks United
Minto stingers Harvey
Tranquilo Dazza-96
Happy's Hammers happy tiger
Ethans Avengers happy tiger
All About the Mane bigsiro
Fibro tba
ame can't aim TigersBusDriver

And a quick hint - as if you would need it, imo:

3-5-2 is the best formation as you earn a extra point in Midfield for goals and clean sheets, maximizing points and try to always captain your mids.

And a quick hint - as if you would need it, imo:

3-5-2 is the best formation as you earn a extra point in Midfield for goals and clean sheets, maximizing points and try to always captain your mids.

@ said:
@ said:
So we have

Swag
Hobbo
Hobbo Jr
Mrs Tiger_1
Tiger_1
Happy tiger
Happy Jr
Bozo97
Yossarian
ForeveraTiger
Mac
Tweed Tiger
Harvey
BlackPearl
NLJM78
Geo
Big Siro
Dazza96
Maguire's Penalty
Marshall Magic
Tigerbusdriver
Chris

Rd 1 Games

Watford v Brighton Hove and Albion

Huddersfield v Chelsea

Fulham v Crystal Palace

Liverpool v WHU

Southampton v Burnley

Arsenal v Man City

You have until 9.30 pm 11th August to get your tips in

Good luck to all , as one once said its a Marathon not a sprint

Anyone else looking to join the comp , all are welcome

The game for week 1 are above , just remember you have until 9.30 pm the 11th of August to get your selections in

Good luck all , have a good weekend :sign:

The countdown is on.
Just 7 days before EPL Fantasy takes off!

So - come on and join the FUN!
Forum mate versus Forum mate!
It doesn't get better than that!
\
\
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Code to join this league: 108920-45982

And when you join, please remember to share your team name in this tread, so we can see who's who etc.

After my poor effort last year I will attempt to pick the table this year

1\. City (so far ahead of the rest last season and will continue to strengthen. Will still be too strong)
2\. Liverpool (hate putting them so high but they have addressed a few weaknesses in the squad and strengthened. Still have a few question marks that stop me putting them top, but will be thereabouts)
3\. Manchester United (Could be a dumpster fire of a season for them, but I think they'll keep it together. Jose will probably go at the end of the season but they'll be much the same as this year. Need to ensure he doesn't sell any of the star players on his way out like Pogba or even Martial)
4\. Arsenal (I think a trip back to the top 4 will happen, but they're still a long way off the title, I just wonder how long until the pitchforks will be out like they were with Wenger)
5\. Tottenham (back out of the 4, they need to bring in a winner. They've gotten by for years on top 4 finishes but they need to start pulling in some silverware or it'll start slipping away. I would even consider a swap deal with Madrid - Kane for Bale)
6\. Chelsea (It fell apart badly last season and they also need to strengthen a few areas. Most of last years signings flopped and as a result they finished poorly, not really any stronger now. A few key players are linked with exits - Courtois & Hazard)
7\. West Ham (bought well and have a good manager in the short term (how long will Pelegrini realistically be around for). Maybe a little high, but there's not a lot else out there that can finish this high)
8\. Everton (a few players short at the moment, but some good ins and outs have them looking good. Need to shake of the disaster of last season. If Tosun can bang in 15+ they can definitely qualify for Europe)
9\. Leicester (Another of the champions leaves the club and they may have more key outs like Maguire, have plenty of talent still there (Vardy is still a 15+ goal a season player, Kasper a good keeper). I think this is where they can settle after the title win)
10\. Wolves (A cut above the championship last season with a few big ins so far this window. Might be a little high, but they've got plenty of quality to see them safely avoid the drop)

11\. Newcastle (have a top manager who guided them to a top 10 finish last season but need to build on this. There's a solid change Rafa walks if he doesn't get the funds in which case you can knock them down about 5-6 places)
12\. Burnley (Europa is always a killer if you aren't accustom to it which they aren't yet. Will struggle early but once it is over they'll have the quality to comfortably finish mid table)
13\. Fulham (have brought in some quality which should see them safely stay up. May be a little high for a play-off winner, but they would have challenged wolves last season had they started well.)
14\. Southampton (should go a little better than last season, but the quality of their talent exodus is starting to really catch up with them. Need to find some stability and quality to keep themselves up long term. I don't think this will be their season, but I don't think they're long for the prem)
15\. Palace (Zaha will be a huge loss when he inevitably goes, Hodgson is a dinosaur and I think they have too many players who have talent but a terrible attitude. Could definitely go down)
16\. Bournemouth (started to slip away again, their brand of football is good to watch, but that will only get them so far. I think Howe has done all he can do with the club, and will look to leave soon)
17\. Brighton (Can an ancient Murray score the goals again? They did very well last season, but second season syndrome may also hit them. Putting them here is as much wishful thinking as anything (I like to see Aussies in the prem), but I wouldn't be shocked if they went down).
18\. Watford (another club who stayed up because they started well last season. A little too sack happy with their managers and I can see them going back down again.)
19\. Huddersfield (second season syndrome may kick in here, started well last season then hit the wall hard, if they don't start well here, they'll be back in the championship)
20\. Cardiff (have not strengthened enough after their promotion. Need to do so or they will go straight back down like last time. Not sure where the wins will come from to keep them up)

Watford 2 v Brighton Hove and Albion0

Huddersfield 1 v Chelsea 3

Fulham 2 v Crystal Palace 0

Liverpoo 4l v WHU 0

Southampton 2 v Burnley 2

Arsenal 1 v Man City 3

Teams entered so far:

tiger_one Laroche Lions
Mrs tiger_one Bon Vivant
Swag tiger Edmunds club
WT2K Blanks United
Minto stingers Harvey
Tranquilo Dazza-96
Happy's Hammers happy tiger
Ethans Avengers happy tiger
All About the Mane bigsiro
Fibro tba
ame can't aim TigersBusDriver
Mob Mentality Tigerstruck

tiger_one selects:

Watford 1 v Brighton Hove and Albion 1

Huddersfield 0 v Chelsea 2

Fulham 1 v Crystal Palace 1

Liverpool 4 v WHU 0

Southampton 2 v Burnley 1

Arsenal 1 v Man City 3
\
\
And Mrs tiger_one selects:

Watford 0 v Brighton Hove and Albion 1

Fulham 1 v Crystal Palace 1

Liverpool 2 v WHU 2

Southampton 1 v Burnley 1

Arsenal 1 v Man City 3

Watford 1 v Brighton Hove and Albion 1

Fulham 1 v Crystal Palace 0

Liverpoo 2 v WHU 0

Southampton 2 v Burnley 1

Arsenal 2 v Man City 3

The countdown is on.
Just 5 days before EPL Fantasy takes off!

So - come on and join the FUN!
Forum mate versus Forum mate!
It doesn't get better than that!
\
\
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Code to join this league: 108920-45982

And when you join, please remember to share your team name in this tread, so we can see who's who etc.

Latest posts

Back