Souths show Roberts the door...

tigerap

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-show-former-origin-star-roberts-the-door-20201021-p5675h.html

What magical exit door do other clubs have they we don't?

Here is Roberts, contracted till 2021 to Souths, they told him he is unwanted next year and off his merry way he goes....

We have Packer, Mbye and Reynolds, contracted till 2021 and 2022 we tell them they are unwanted next year and beyond, yet they can't seem to find the exit door like Roberts has.....far out

A club will still have to pick him up and Souths will still be paying part of his salary

Difference is Roberts is actually a decent player while our guys are on more money and are useless!

Its a joke. Honestly Souths have becone my most hated club. They still shoukd be effected by Inglis and Burgess salary cap portion.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250849) said:
A club will still have to pick him up and Souths will still be paying part of his salary

Difference is Roberts is actually a decent player while our guys are on more money and

Roberts is so overrated. Terrible defence, unfit, cant pass and mentally fragile. Hed be worth 150k tops. No team should take him.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250849) said:

Difference is Roberts is actually a decent player while our guys are on more money and are useless!

The story states he is out of Souths Sydney and wont play for them next year, suggests a mutual agreement to leave...

Our Guys won't budge....

I don’t think JAC will end up at Souths - not while Latrelle is playing fullback. He wants the cash.

I still think it’s a choice between ourselves and the Dogs. Barrett might be a factor that sways him?

@bbobb said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250853) said:
I don’t think JAC will end up at Souths - not while Latrelle is playing fullback. He wants the cash.

I still think it’s a choice between ourselves and the Dogs. Barrett might be a factor that sways him?

Why...?

Bennett certainly is the master at giving people the tap - and rarely is there any dissent. Wonder what he says

@tigerap said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250852) said:

The story states he is out of Souths Sydney and wont play for them next year, suggests a mutual agreement to leave...

Our Guys won't budge....

It’s says he’s searching for a new home. Whatever club wants him will asks Souths to chip in for some of his contract no doubt about it.

@SeanT said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250851) said:

Difference is Roberts is actually a decent player while our guys are on more money and

Roberts is so overrated. Terrible defence, unfit, cant pass and mentally fragile. Hed be worth 150k tops. No team should take him.

His injuries really slowed him down which also affected his mental health. It’s a shame because at his best he’s one of the most exciting players in the league. Don’t see many clubs paying too much for him though

Our Guys won't budge....

I bet a Mutual agreement includes a visit to the so called Farm and a so called package to collect... They had no money to keep Johnson until he accepted 200k Less but now all of a sudden JAC will play for 300k a year for the love of it and be close to family.. NRL needs to find some integrity unit people with balls to dig deep as there is clearly cheating going on with top culbs.

@hsvjones said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250864) said:

Our Guys won't budge....

I bet a Mutual agreement includes a visit to the so called Farm and a so called package to collect... They had no money to keep Johnson until he accepted 200k Less but now all of a sudden JAC will play for 300k a year for the love of it and be close to family.. NRL needs to find some integrity unit people with balls to dig deep as there is clearly cheating going on with top culbs.

Does anyone feel the new coaching team of Anthony Griffin and Matthew Elliott at the Saints could be in the market for either Anthony Roberts or JAC or both?
I personally feel that is a great coaching combination and one many disenchanted or unwanted players could be happy to play for.

@Telltails said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250856) said:
Bennett certainly is the master at giving people the tap - and rarely is there any dissent. Wonder what he says

He tells them when he signs them

He tells you he hired you and he'll fire you

But if you can convince him he is wrong he'll keep you

Mick Hancock was one who managed to prove him wrong

@happy_tiger said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250886) said:
@Telltails said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250856) said:

He tells them when he signs them

He tells you he hired you and he'll fire you

But if you can convince him he is wrong he'll keep you

Mick Hancock was one who managed to prove him wrong

I think I heard Luke priddis told Bennett he was happy to play reserve grade and wasn’t leaving. Think it was when at the dragon’s but not sure

Roberts will struggle to find another club. Too many red flags and too much money to risk signing.

@tigerap said in [Souths show Roberts the door\.\.\.](/post/1250847) said:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-show-former-origin-star-roberts-the-door-20201021-p5675h.html

What magical exit door do other clubs have they we don't?

Here is Roberts, contracted till 2021 to Souths, they told him he is unwanted next year and off his merry way he goes....

We have Packer, Mbye and Reynolds, contracted till 2021 and 2022 we tell them they are unwanted next year and beyond, yet they can't seem to find the exit door like Roberts has.....far out

You just can't tell a contracted player he is gone. Souths have to pay him out.

Souths have picked up Taane Milne another outside back as well

Back