LIVE GAME *SPOILERS* Round 2 vs Raiders

Live Game Discussion
If he makes changes it’s a panicked move.
He played the team he played on purpose with a clear plan in mind.
He has to stick by his convictions for at least another week.
Minus Sullivan. Obviously Benji he promised him he would start. But Bud let him down big time.
It's back to reserve grade to convince us you have it in you. Own it, or we shop you around.

Minus Sullivan. Obviously Benji he promised him he would start. But Bud let him down big time.
It's back to reserve grade to convince us you have it in you. Own it, or we shop you around.
Fundamentally I agree, however I don’t think Galvin is effective going 80.
He would be of greater value as strike from the bench.
Therefore Bud has to play for mine unless Fainu is ready (which he is not).
Sezer 7
Sullivan 6 for 30 mins (20 to start and 10 to finish)
Galvin 14, coming on at 6 for 50 mins (20 before halftime, 30 after halftime)

He’s made his bed for now. It’s unkept and with mismatching sheets….but he’s got to give it more time to get comfy.
Why? He tried some things, gave it 2 trials and a regular season - doesn’t look like it will work.
The same conservative view of not rushing in a teenager when he outplayed most the adults is this same “made his bed” sentiment. He has to find out who in squad can front up, face up and stick the plan on game day. I don’t want to see Seyfarth and Sullivan have time to get comfy.

Why? He tried some things, gave it 2 trials and a regular season - doesn’t look like it will work.
The same conservative view of not rushing in a teenager when he outplayed most the adults is this same “made his bed” sentiment. He has to find out who in squad can front up, face up and stick the plan on game day. I don’t want to see Seyfarth and Sullivan have time to get comfy.
Especially in mediocrity.

I said why above

It didn’t work out, but I’d be cautious of stripping players of initiative and “eyes up” footy.

It’s all good and heroic when it pays off, but the end of the world when it’s linked to losing.

Just for starters, I’d give Bud a short term spell, Galvo, Salad and Pole to start.

We are fortunate the boys are apparently very tight knit and supportive of each other. No one hates the coach yet. That’s gotta be helpful.

We can’t make big changes after 1 loss.
The coach has been working with this 17 in mind for a while.
1 game does not necessarily define them.
I’d swap guys around, Seyfarth to bench, Pole to 13. Sezer to 7, Bud and Galvin to share the 6.
Fundamentally agree.

HOWEVER.

If players were not playing to script, or if they simply didn't meet a standard, Benji also needs to hold them to account.

He literally hooked Sullivan & Seyfarth.

Sullivan probably gets a stay of execution due to lack of options.

Seyfarth I'm not so sure about. Most of our injured players are scheduled to return Round 4, but the likes of Matamua, Lualili'i etc are fit now.

Benji has to walk a fine line of not falling to panic, but also making sure players play to a standard. I would expect either Kepaoa, Casey or Lobb to come in for To'a. And Seyfarth might drop to 18th as well.

Every team ‘trains the house down’, ‘has the best preseason ever’. Etc.
Something that stuck with me was in one of the Manly Pre Season documentaries where basically the S&C coach said similar to above, but added but we also put an emphasis on training for specific needs and with purpose of game situations and outcomes.
Sticky said something similar this preseason as well.

I’ll ask again who is our S&C team and what is their experience?
If it’s Heino. I’ll see myself out.
We have not had a decent S&C coach since Steve Flokes (one of the best there was). How did we do in those 2 years he was with us. we made the semi's and we had a harden shell within the squad. Everyone worked their socks off, we were fitter and stronger than ever before.
We have never been like that since.

We have not had a decent S&C coach since Steve Flokes (one of the best there was). How did we do in those 2 years he was with us. we made the semi's and we had a harden shell within the squad. Everyone worked their socks off, we were fitter and stronger than ever before.
We have never been like that since.
Still not getting my answer.
So I guess it’s no one special.

Every team ‘trains the house down’, ‘has the best preseason ever’. Etc.
Something that stuck with me was in one of the Manly Pre Season documentaries where basically the S&C coach said similar to above, but added but we also put an emphasis on training for specific needs and with purpose of game situations and outcomes.
Sticky said something similar this preseason as well.

I’ll ask again who is our S&C team and what is their experience?
If it’s Heino. I’ll see myself out.
[/QUOTE]

@cochise might know.. I don't

Still not getting my answer.
So I guess it’s no one special.
I just tried to look also but no luck. To be honest I would go into hiding also if I was that person and his staff.
Peter Moussa is the Head of Performance which I assume S&C comes under his remit.

Thought Lachie and Bud were polar opposites. Lachie seemed to play with freedom and what came naturally. As the game continued, he became the dominant half - a role which he seemed to relish.

Bud biggest threat is his running game. Yet he simply shovelled the ball without ever either running or digging into the line. Seemed to have a complete lack of confidence. In fact the role of dominant half didn’t appear to suit him. It seemed to stifle him and he maybe more aligned to an eyes up role. Regardless of his attack and organisational skills, he simply has to learn to tackle - he will be targeted by opposition teams all year.

Of course he can!!
Whatever happened to the Captain /Coach, it could still work.
Why don't we try it.
Simply sign up Benji and give him a go in short periods during the game, I am sure he would really enjoy it, and most importantly would lift the team.
John and Robbie could also help up in the box.
Watch to see what will happen.
I can still see Benj on the field with the Rabbits, it wasn't long ago. give him a go with our Wests Tigers, he won't let us down.

Back