Stat that shows how far we have come.

Seantice

In 2017 out kickers forced 19 dropouts(whilst giving away 23 7 tackle sets). So far we have forced 14 dropouts in 5 rounds. Amazing what happens when we get repeat sets. Brooks short kicking game has improved 5 fold. Keep going son :master: :righton: :supporter:

The chase on kicks in general play has impressed me more..not sure that can be measured in stats..

Over at The Roar, Tim Gore has written a good article praising Ivan Cleary. He quoted the following stats re the Tigers:

• the fewest tries conceded of any side (7) so far this season. That includes two games against last season’s top-scoring side.
• the fewest errors of any side (40)
• the most errors forced from their opponents (60)
• the third fewest line breaks conceded (11)
• the third most metres made (7638)
• the most kick metres made of any side (3314)
• the most line drop outs forced (14)

@ said:
Over at The Roar, Tim Gore has written a good article praising Ivan Cleary. He quoted the following stats re the Tigers:

• the fewest tries conceded of any side (7) so far this season. That includes two games against last season’s top-scoring side.

Wow what a turn around. Let’s hope we can maintain it.

@ said:

Great numbers. I see this as step one in Ivan's plan? It appears that, firstly, he is trying to get the team to develop defensively and get the right attitude in the club. We all know that he has a booty and is ready to move in the market. I feel that he will (soon) pounce by announcing a major playmaker signing who will complement the work the team has already done. It is a clever and successful management strategy that is employed by many companies. I reckon that Ivan will have a crack at Fergo. I have read on Fox that Fergo took a big step to go off the plonk and if that is so he might just be the type of reformed player who would fit in with the club's culture. He is also good mates with Josh. Personally I would love Blake to be a part of our squad.

Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line… I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinker then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

Great play imo and shows the maturity & confidence Ivan's brought out in him

@innsaneink said:
Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line… I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinked then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

I remember that. It was inside the ten on the sideline so perfect place for a turnover. Last year he would of kicked it dead.

@innsaneink said:
Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line… I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinked then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

Yep, remember that. A really smart, composed play. The sort of play Brodie Croft didn't make too often…and Brooksy didn't either until not long ago.

@ said:
@ said:
Got the 2018 stat for how many 7 tackle sets we've conceded?

2…Peta Godinet..1 Benji Marshsall

Yeah but one of the ones that Godinet conceded should have counted for about 27 it was that awful…

Some solid stats there. Best defensive side in the comp is a great title too :smiley: One stat against this however is missed tackles, I think I read we’re second worst in the comp here. But with hardly any line breaks conceded it shows we’re working well as a team and covering those missed.

@ said:
Some solid stats there. Best defensive side in the comp is a great title too :smiley: One stat against this however is missed tackles, I think I read we’re second worst in the comp here. But with hardly any line breaks conceded it shows we’re working well as a team and covering those missed.

Thats true - when we missed tackles in the past it invariably led to points or allowing the other side great field position. The swarming defence we use can cover for players falling off tackles.

These are all fantastic stats and we should be proud of them - no doubt. However, an area where we must rank near bottom would be red zone conversions. We just don't seem to know what to do when we get inside the opposition's 20.

The kind of stars and improvement that has been missing under the last couple of coaches.

Awesome reading

@ said:
The kind of stars and improvement that has been missing under the last couple of coaches.

Awesome reading

How refreshing. The Defence king JT came to improve our defence and we all know how that ended. Cleary comes in, goes about his business and let’s the results do the talking.

@ said:
@ said:

Awesome reading

How refreshing. The Defence king JT came to improve our defence and we all know how that ended. Cleary comes in, goes about his business and let’s the results do the talking.

Yes, less talk more actual getting things done?

@ said:
These are all fantastic stats and we should be proud of them - no doubt. However, an area where we must rank near bottom would be red zone conversions. We just don't seem to know what to do when we get inside the opposition's 20.

It's not our best area, however we haven't had much luck there. With the ball bouncing off the goal post and Benji going so close and quite a few being turtled over the line. We have had our chances, without converting.

@ said:
Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line… I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinker then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

Yep absolutely. It's probably a better play than even kicking the ball out. Hemmed in on the sideline, 90m to go. The improvement in Brooks is amazing. It's like everything after the Dragona debut game has been reset. Options are better - last year he doesn't hit Lawrence as lead runner for that try. He is running smarter, kicking better, defending stronger, choosing smarter.

@ said:
@innsaneink said:

I remember that. It was inside the ten on the sideline so perfect place for a turnover. Last year he would of kicked it dead.

A few sets earlier, same position, he kicked it into the legs of a Storm player for a changeover, so he learned his lesson.

Back