Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Stef’s 2023 Statistics aren’t that far removed from James Fisher Harris if you care to compare, the big difference in my opinion is all the hard work that the Panthers outside backs do, saving the petrol for JFH to rip and tear and have a far greater impact on the game.

Stef’s 2023 Statistics aren’t that far removed from James Fisher Harris if you care to compare, the big difference in my opinion is all the hard work that the Panthers outside backs do, saving the petrol for JFH to rip and tear and have a far greater impact on the game.
Plus the fact he runs hard, hits hard and gets in his oppositions faces.
No comparison between the two.

This is a very good point , you can’t have 1 big guy doing all the major hit ups and big hits in tackles , we need to have our backs running the other team around , this gives the big guys a break and saves them for the game changing charges or big hits that can change games , plenty of players go missing if they get smashed a few times , Fisher Harris does a very good job in attack and defence and it all stings

This is a very good point , you can’t have 1 big guy doing all the major hit ups and big hits in tackles , we need to have our backs running the other team around , this gives the big guys a break and saves them for the game changing charges or big hits that can change games , plenty of players go missing if they get smashed a few times , Fisher Harris does a very good job in attack and defence and it all stings
100%. Have a think about how far a front rower has to run to have an early set hit up following an opposition clearing kick. If your backs are doing all of this you save a hell of a lot of petrol. Anybody who has watched Penrith closely knows how they roll. Stef gets tired quickly because we don’t play for each other.

I love the old
‘but the numbers are almost the same’
I know who I’d prefer to be tackling…

For all the wraps our pack gets here, I’m wondering why I don’t see them dominate more in attack and defence of games…
making close to the same meters, is a far cry from dominating your opposition,
Because we got our backs on Wish.com

100%. Have a think about how far a front rower has to run to have an early set hit up following an opposition clearing kick. If your backs are doing all of this you save a hell of a lot of petrol. Anybody who has watched Penrith closely knows how they roll. Stef gets tired quickly because we don’t play for each other.
When does Steph rush back to take hit ups after a clearing kick?
I’d wager very very rarely to never.

Stef is just fine, Lucky 2 have him
Why are we doing all of this smh
Merely stating that isn’t his job and I don’t believe he has been asked to nor is doing this.
Apart from that…he is a bench prop at best. We need a mongrel to join Klem.

Merely stating that isn’t his job and I don’t believe he has been asked to nor is doing this.
Apart from that…he is a bench prop at best. We need a mongrel to join Klem.

Missed you tuck where you been bro

Emerging Tiger star pledges allegiance to club despite rare clause: Off-season Central

Tigers forward Stefano Utoikamanu has stated his commitment to the club, despite holding a clause in his contract that will allow him to sign with another team if the Tigers miss the finals in 2024.

On the back of two consecutive wooden spoons, the smart money would suggest the Tigers won’t be playing finals football this season, but the club has now begun a new era with rookie coach Benji Marshall at the helm.

Utoikamanu, who has played 51 games with the Tigers since joining the club in 2021, told the SMH that he wants to “give back to the club”.

“I’m trying to focus on making the top eight, that’s what I want to do. I want to stay at the Tigers,” Utoikamanu said.

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. They’ve given me my big opportunity to become the player I am now.

“I haven’t listened (to the speculation).

“Benji is big on ‘team first’, and putting others before yourself, so that’s what I’m trying to do.”

Utoikamanu had a strong campaign in a bad team last year, which resulted in a somewhat surprising maiden Blues jersey.

Justly or unjustly, Utoikamanu only played 12 minutes off the bench for NSW in Game II before being dropped.

In another representative blow, the 23-year-old wasn’t in new Blues coach Michael Maguire’s 35-man squad which met at NSWRL headquarters over the weekend.

While it means Utoikamanu’s Blues hopes appear slim this season, he said Maguire did contact him.

“He gave me a call, he said he wasn’t going to include me in the squad, but he didn’t really say too much else,” Utoikamanu said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
117 - This is a Great attitude from a star of the future.

These constant Stefano stories are clearly planted by a smart agent to drum up interest. Mind you the big fella needs to up his play this year to warrant a big deal. I suspect he’s in for a big one and we’ll have to fight hard to keep him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back