Stefano Utoikamanu #241

The 3rd last paragraph in the above article states:

it's clear the Origin hopeful wants success and an environment which won't leak to the media - something the Tigers appear to have well and truly cleaned up since the last board led by Justin Pascoe was removed.

Justin Pascoe led board?

I thought he was the CEO and he was directed by the board to carry out their directions.

Are these clowns confused with who was the Chairman and who was the CEO.

May only be a minor point but it just goes to show how little these journalists actually know about what the real situation is and how much they actually just make up on the run.
Zero tackle talk a lot of crap. Who doesn’t want success?

It's a lot but probably they have to pay him
Sends a message to the young players coming through that if you make it we'll pay you
$900k is overs currently but I guess you're backing he keeps developing then it maybe looks better when you're sitting there in the late 2020s especially if we've won something

Give me Oregan Kaufisi and Jack Willliams for a combined $900k instead.
If that is true, we have to part ways.
The ROI is unacceptable at that cost.
We don’t know any numbers , Benji and Richo will keep it in house and after deal is done we will know , I think the 5 years could,be correct as I would offer him 5 but most likely at $ 750 k year 1 then adjustments via the cap each year after

We don’t know any numbers , Benji and Richo will keep it in house and after deal is done we will know , I think the 5 years could,be correct as I would offer him 5 but most likely at $ 750 k year 1 then adjustments via the cap each year after
$750k is a much better figure and we should only entertain more in future years once performance clauses are met based on him playing SOO & Test football. We don't want a David Fifita on our books.

Not sure how I feel about this. I see Pole come off the bench in our games and provide the impact needed to stay in the game. He is the more valuable prop in my opinion, from a long term perspective.

Doubt those numbers are anywhere near correct. That is way over his current value at the moment. The bloke hasn't done anything yet. He has never dominated 1 game. You aren't gonna pay him near 1 mill a year on potential. The tigers haven't learnt anything from past 'buys' if that's anywhere near the numbers they are talking about. $700-750k for 4yrs would be appropriate. After that his next contract if he is performing and at 28 years old and near peak as a prop and captain is when $1 mil a year over 4 should be talked about.

Doubt those numbers are anywhere near correct. That is way over his current value at the moment. The bloke hasn't done anything yet. He has never dominated 1 game. You aren't gonna pay him near 1 mill a year on potential. The tigers haven't learnt anything from past 'buys' if that's anywhere near the numbers they are talking about. $700-750k for 4yrs would be appropriate. After that his next contract if he is performing and at 28 years old and near peak as a prop and captain is when $1 mil a year over 4 should be talked about.
So we offer 700k

Penrith/Easts/Storm will offer him 750k and a chance to play finals.
Why would anyone stay?

Reactions: BZN
Uto has to be signed and I doubt Tigers will over pay with Richo in charge. The kid sounds like he wants to stay longer term deal usually comes at a discount but also some deals are not linked to the salary cap increases so they get cheaper as they run.

So we offer 700k

Penrith/Easts/Storm will offer him 750k and a chance to play finals.
Why would anyone stay?
I don't think those teams value Stefano that highly to be honest, probably a 600k / 3 year offer at most of those clubs.

Penrith are seemingly lining up Fifita with their JFH $ and Roosters have their 2 starting props cap wise with Collins & Leniu. Teams don't spend big $ on 3 props, Hargreaves wasn't on much this year. Storm won't make a competitive offer to Stefano unless they could move on NAS.

How would the media no what he has been offered? Did Shane Richardson tell them? They just make these number up for headlines have faith in Richardson and benji and be grateful previous management are gone
100%

Latest posts

Back