Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Doesn’t lay a good platform starting, always better in his second stint. Not worth 900k a year

We gave him a prop who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy.
We gave him a hooker who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy.
We gave him two backrowers who have played GFs and Test footy.
We gave him an experienced halfback who has played a GF.
We gave him a centre who has played GFs and Test footy.
We gave him a centre who has played a GF and came out of a good system.
We gave him a winger who has played a GF and came out of a good system.
We are providing him with a 5/8th who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy
We are providing him with one of the most exciting young backs in the comp who has played a GF and Test footy.
We are providing him with exciting juniors who can play the game.
We are providing him with a coaching team who have done it all as players.

I think we’ve given him enough support to succeed. He refuses to take the next step.
I think he thinks we need to give him more money, by your account we have given him everything else.

We gave him a prop who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy.
We gave him a hooker who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy.
We gave him two backrowers who have played GFs and Test footy.
We gave him an experienced halfback who has played a GF.
We gave him a centre who has played GFs and Test footy.
We gave him a centre who has played a GF and came out of a good system.
We gave him a winger who has played a GF and came out of a good system.
We are providing him with a 5/8th who has played GFs, SOO and Test footy
We are providing him with one of the most exciting young backs in the comp who has played a GF and Test footy.
We are providing him with exciting juniors who can play the game.
We are providing him with a coaching team who have done it all as players.

I think we’ve given him enough support to succeed. He refuses to take the next step.
What you say is factually correct. But a bit of context tells you most of those players aren’t what they once were and are no longer good enough for first grade. Unfortunately we are paying them too much.

If he's legitimate thinking he's worth 800, 900k ... we're better off signing a few up and comers like Willison, Mooney and the UK lad, Matt Nicholson.

Players like that who won't break the bank and bring something to the team.
Yeah I've seen only a 2-3 games in his career where maybe his value suggested $800-$850k but for most part he is no more than $700k. He seems to lack that aggression & noticeable leadership that suggests 'boys follow me, let's get these bastards' if you know what I mean.

I liken Stef to Skando, a good solid club player will always be on the edges of rep selection just lacking that bit extra.

Yeah I've seen only a 2-3 games in his career where maybe his value suggested $800-$850k but for most part he is no more than $700k. He seems to lack that aggression & noticeable leadership that suggests 'boys follow me, let's get these bastards' if you know what I mean.

I liken Stef to Skando, a good solid club player will always be on the edges of rep selection just lacking that bit extra.
Skando shits on Stef. Stef needs a truckload of ginger stuck up his clacker. Turned it on last night when the game was over.

Did I miss something? Stef probably our best forward every week and people happy for him to go?

Makes a dent, worries oppositions, tries hard all game.

People have to realise, because we are such a limp side, the opposition goes for Stefano in big numbers every match. He has little support. They are not afraid to triple-up on him.

You cant just replace him with a low-cost alternative and think it will be the same output - they'll go after that lesser prop as well.

The one we should be worried about is Klemmer - lacks any dynamism, slow play the ball and gets caught in awkward body positions instead of trying to land on his front.

This is a rebuild club we have, you cant be letting talent like Stefano go, you need to lock them in place as the foundation for better things.

So if I was looking to free up cap space in the forwards, I would basically let every other forward go before Stefano, except Samuela.

Doesn’t lay a good platform starting, always better in his second stint. Not worth 900k a year
Yep, same every game, doesnt do shit all for his first stint, gets dominated, has the intensity of a dead gold fish, lets the opposition get on the front foot. Goes off after 20-30mins. Comes out in the last 20mins when the game is over, the opposition has taken their foot off the pedal and all of a sudden Stef appears to be better. yeah no shit the game is already over and the opposition is jogging the game home. Chuck him $550-$600 3 years, bench prop. All he is worth for his current output.

Skando wasn't first tier but played with a lot more intent. Gave 100 percent. It doesn't seem that Stef does at times.

Did I miss something? Stef probably our best forward every week and people happy for him to go?

People have to realise, because we are such a limp side, the opposition goes for Stefano in big numbers every match. He has little support. They are not afraid to triple-up on him.

You cant just replace him with a low-cost alternative and think it will be the same output - they'll go after that lesser prop as well.

The one we should be worried about is Klemmer - lacks any dynamism, slow play the ball and gets caught in awkward body positions instead of trying to land on his front.

This is a rebuild club we have, you cant be letting talent like Stefano go, you need to lock them in place as the foundation for better things.

So if I was looking to free up cap space in the forwards, I would basically let every other forward go before Stefano, except Samuela.
When a 5/10 player is your best forward it just highlights how the entire pack is soft. Stef wants elite tier pay for being the best of a shit bunch. A 5 out of 10 is still a 5 out of 10 regardless of your team mates performances. Stef is nowhere near the value he has set for himself. Class shines through. If he isnt good enough to stand head and shoulders above the rest he has zero heart to match his 'potential'.

He delivers less quality less often than lawn mower man Oshay Olai does for Manly.
He's an Aldi Oshay

Tbh we shouldn’t went big with front rowers and put the trust in Galvin, sezer and then Fainu to take over

If your seeing Stef try hard all game then your seeing something I'm not.

He had a 3 week period where you saw his effort. The other 8 games he is going through the motions with the odd effort run.

I think effort is an easy thing to see and I don't see it in Stefano.

Klemmer getting a 3 week suspension is a great result for us.

I tend to agree. Take the Broncos for example, they have that one/two punch with Haas normally followed by Carrigan. If anything, I am seeing an alarming slip with Klemmer - he is serviceable but not threatening.

If Stef had another metre eater beside him, I wonder how he would look?

I tend to agree. Take the Broncos for example, they have that one/two punch with Haas normally followed by Carrigan. If anything, I am seeing an alarming slip with Klemmer - he is serviceable but not threatening.

If Stef had another metre eater beside him, I wonder how he would look?

I think everyone is in agrreance that Klemmer is worse, much worse.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back