Sticky Stuart to Coach Tigers in 2011!?!?

Oh…..how the ill winds of miserable news are sweeping across the football field. Was this information gleaned from the Sharks forum in the "wishful thinking" thread. If you threw Stuart up in the air no club would catch him and he would land with a thud on the useless pile.

whats funny is you guys on here are condeming ricky who overall in his 8 years coaching has a pretty good record

112 wins @57%
1 premiership
3 grand finals
4 finals appearences
last NSW coach to win a series

he has had a lean period the last 3 years but sheens has had a lean period for 12 years.

Id personally go folkes then kearney ahead of him but it wouldnt be the worst appointment this club has made

rothfields just doing everything he can to get stuart gone from the sharks.
surely we wouldn;t take him it would just be a transfer from rubbish to rubbish.
The only reason he did well at the rorters was Fittler.

@softlaw said:
rothfields just doing everything he can to get stuart gone from the sharks.
surely we wouldn;t take him it would just be a transfer from rubbish to rubbish.
The only reason he did well at the rorters was Fittler.

ok so if thats the case take out sheens record at the raiders

@ron burgandy said:
yeah because sheens has done a great job, i said he wouldnt be my top choice probably 3rd or 4th, what you need to look at is the playing roster he has to work with at the moment, if he hasd our roster i could see him doing good things, like i said he took the roosters to 3 straight grand finals the sharks were equal first in 08 and one game away from the GF. Hes not a bad coach he just has a crap roster to work with

You think he's better than Tim Sheens? Ok let's look at it this way, in 2003 Tim Sheens took over a club filled with nuffies, 2 years later he won a comp. Ricky Stuart took over a decent team in 2007 and has gone backwards with that team. He took over at the Roosters and had players like Fittler, Minnichello, Ricketson, Hodges, Wing, Cayless, Morely, Fitzgibbon, Flannery, Fletcher and Crocker at his disposal and could only win 1 out of 3 Grand Finals. Let's not forget he lost us the World Cup as well. Stuart inherits good teams and turns them into crap where Tim Sheens has a record of turning crap teams into good teams. I'm not here to say Sheens has to stay or am I here to defend him but if we have to replace him, Ricky Stuart would be the last person I would approach. He shouldnt be let anywhere near a park football team let alone an NRL team.

I am not a big Stuart fan, far from it. However give him Marshall, Farah, Lawrence, Tuqiri and co and do you he would his side would play boring football? That Cronulla side has just has no pace or invention. Partly his fault however not all with their lack of funds. I think Stuart's achievments over the past 8 years are no better or worse then our man Sheens. I am interested to know why people think we would be a lot worse off with Stuart. Would not my my pick, however he is not a complete dud.

I don't believe anything Rothfield says. I would not want Ricky Stuart to coach the Wests Tigers. If Sheens goes I would be happy for Kearney or Folkes to take over. No to Ricky Stuart and no to Nathan Brown.

@ron burgandy said:
whats funny is you guys on here are condeming ricky who overall in his 8 years coaching has a pretty good record

112 wins @57%
1 premiership
3 grand finals
4 finals appearences
last NSW coach to win a series

he has had a lean period the last 3 years but sheens has had a lean period for 12 years.

Id personally go folkes then kearney ahead of him but it wouldnt be the worst appointment this club has made

That really puts Sheens to shame

Imagine that.

Going from the wily old coach that did the job in 89, to his scheming wallaby convert halfback.
Maybe he can bring in Steve jackson as assistant. :laughing:

LOL oh chris you are a good one.

sheens has one winning season in his last 12 coaching seasons, he did nothing at the cowboys and besides a freak 12 week run we had in 05 he hasnt done much here either.

infact the only time he shined as a coach was when he had guys like daley stuart clyde meninga nandruku belcher lazarus in his ranks…. i can play this silly game too, but WT as a team have gone <----- since 05 IMO there is no difference between finishing 9th or 16th,

Our playing roster is on par with the storm and dragons id say player for player we are better then the titans and penrith and bulldogs but we keep losing year in year out and there is one main stay in this whole period of failure and thats sheens, stuart has 3 players in that team that are of top class standard (barrett gallen toupou) the rest are a mix of park footballers and fringe FG players, we cant use that excuse, we have over half our team that have played or currently play rep footy

Stuart like i said would not be my foirst choice but id take him over brown taylor and other available coaches

I think one point was missed here…in the same interview, Rothfield said that Stuart is a close friend of Sheens so he would be unlikely to accept the gig (THANK GOD) if approached by the club before Sheen's tenure ends...

@innsaneink said:
Well we do have a board that rewarded Sheens with another year for doing suite farcall….

Ron or the board?

The board or ron?

six of one, half a doz the other really

At least you don't blame Sheens for signing himself anymore…..

Why would you get a Coach that can't get his own side to win consistantly....It's not his fault it's the players...Please...

No wonder Ron wants him so bad....

@Tiger_heart said:
I think one point was missed here…in the same interview, Rothfield said that Stuart is a close friend of Sheens so he would be unlikely to accept the gig (THANK GOD) if approached by the club before Sheen's tenure ends...

Sticky forgot his mates the day he signed with the Bulldogs…

Ricky is No 1 now, just ask him!!!

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:
Well we do have a board that rewarded Sheens with another year for doing suite farcall….

Ron or the board?

The board or ron?

Why would you get a Coach that can't get his own side to win consistantly....It's not his fault it's the players...Please...

like ive said, he wouldnt be my number 1 choice, but it wouldnt be the worst signing and who ever the new coach is, they dont have a lot to live up to

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:

Ron or the board?

The board or ron?

Again Im having trouble comprehending you, and when did i say sheens signed himself?

Sorry …..I guess I always figured that All the blame Sheens that gets heaped on him for performances is a little missplaced cause the fossils on the board of the Wests Tigers keep renewing his contract despite the mediocraty.....it's ironic to me..

Sorta like the players he picks who aren't up to it....it's not their fault he picks them...or expects them to perform...

But you are right I don't think you ever said Sheens signed himself...apologies

I

Members online

Back