Still lacking..

crouching_tiger

…a kicking game.
With Moltzen back at number 7 again, Farah and Marshall are still not being relieved of the kicking duties. Field position could become a problem for our boys if the WT halves are pressured enough. Moltzen DOES have a kicking game, but i have seen a few of his kicks go astray in the past few seasons. Unless he has worked hard and fine tuned it to some degree, i think WT could be in some trouble once again if they can't return the ball with solid metres in their hit-ups out of their own red zone.

I hope Moltzen does kick more…he is still the third choice behind Farah and Marshall...

Against Souths he had 4 kicks for 148 metres and one of them was an attacking kick of 20mts ... that just went dead with him chasing hard...

The Tigers will really need to kick and chase well with Bowen at the back. Show him a staggered line and he'll make you pay. Hopefully Moltzen does start to kick more to take some pressure off Benji and Robbie, I think they'll be best off varying the kicking game and trying not to let the Cowboys settle.

@willow said:
The Tigers will really need to kick and chase well with Bowen at the back. Show him a staggered line and he'll make you pay. Hopefully Moltzen does start to kick more to take some pressure off Benji and Robbie, I think they'll be best off varying the kicking game and trying not to let the Cowboys settle.

Exactly, If the Tigers have an off kick & chase.. Bowen will have a field day.

Last tackle options in relation to kicking has been an absolute shemozzle for Wests. The Tigers lack the vision and foresight when it comes to putting it on the toe, be it in general play or in the opposition's red zone. Farah is the pick of the bunch if looking for repeat sets in order to sustain pressure, whilst Marshall needs a GPS with some of his efforts.

@crouching_tiger said:
…a kicking game.
With Moltzen back at number 7 again, Farah and Marshall are still not being relieved of the kicking duties. Field position could become a problem for our boys if the WT halves are pressured enough. Moltzen DOES have a kicking game, but i have seen a few of his kicks go astray in the past few seasons. Unless he has worked hard and fine tuned it to some degree, i think WT could be in some trouble once again if they can't return the ball with solid metres in their hit-ups out of their own red zone.

If you look at other teams, they normally have two kickers for general play. Farah is a good kicker and would be better, if we had one other good, consistent kicker to take the "heat" off him.
Apparently, Moltzen has a fairly good kicking game, so do we need another kicker?

@alien said:
our chase isn't very good either

very good point alien ….
the kicks only as good as the chase ....
i have a feeling tim will start to play his normal game now he is in the number 7 ...
true 7s play the game naturally ....

Latest posts

Members online

Back