OFFICIAL Sunia "Tito" Turuva

I really think Benji should keep an open mind regarding fullback. If Bula doesn't improve his ability and timing when injecting himself into the backline we may just be better served having him in the centres with the energizer bunny Sunia at fullback. I believe Sunia is quite adept at the sweeping backline plays, something we are badly missing. I'm not saying that's what we should do, just saying it's worth a look in the off-season.
Cannot argue with that... His versatility is a great benefit too (f/back - wing - center)

Barely one generation? Pfft, come and talk when they’ve been through a couple.
Anyway talking to you about them two shit clubs I hate is boring me. If you reckon the riff are as good as the storms legacy then good on ya.
That’s not what I am saying and I knew you were too thick to understand so I changed tack and worded it differently.
Same result.
That’s on me, I should have ignored you.

Of cause not,
I’m not talking about established teams rather building a team from scratch.
I would spend more on 2x Reserve forwards than my centres.
Like today I would guess for the Gold Coast
Reserve: David Fifita would be on more $ than Centres: Brian Kelly & Aaron Schoupp
&
Melbourne
Reserve: Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Centres: Remis Smith & Nick Meaney

Everyone has opinions that others either agree with or not,
On this one it looks like we don’t agree.
Which is fine.
Yes I understand what you are saying. It’s why I’m doubling down with my reply. Your team would not impress me if that’s how you’d select it.

Michael Carayannis said on SEN that the WTs signed Sunia Tito Tarouva for significantly less $ than Saints were offering. To me this was the most amazing part about this signing. It says volumes about how Richo and Benji are transforming to club. In the past we would have had to pay more than any club to get a player of quality.

Transcript below.
“broke just hours before it officially got done.
So, Tarouva will be at the West Tigers next season. Another blow for the Penrith off the back is James Fischer-Harris leaving at the end of the season. They've got some gaps to fill in the other Panthers.
Well, they're losing Lui, they're losing James Fischer-Harris. I want to talk cold, hard, Johnny Cash. From what you know, Michael, what are the Tigers paying?
And, Anthony, how did it compare to what the Dragons were offering and what the Panthers were able to put on the table at this point?
Well, the most unique deal was the Dragons. The Dragons offer was somewhere between $450 and $600, but there was triggers in that contract depending on if he played X amount of games at fullback. You know, if he played X amount of games at fullback, he would have earned top dollar.
I think the Panthers were around that $3, $3.50 mark, and I think the Tigers would have been around that $4, $4.50. So he's gone to the Tigers for significantly less than he potentially could have earned at the Dragons, depending on those triggers, the amount of games[…]”

I thought that after I posted. So which “dud” is he going with next year? The roster gets better next year, no more flippers, simplekin, or Douehi spazzez.
🙏
But you got Feledy, Nado, Toa, or Bud the Dud is my tip.
Bud The Dud’s No.1 fan, how’s that sound Hank?
Maybe Bud won't be a Dud.

Maybe Bud won't even be here, but Bud the Dud's #1 Fan does have a good ring to it.

Michael Carayannis said on SEN that the WTs signed Sunia Tito Tarouva for significantly less $ than Saints were offering. To me this was the most amazing part about this signing. It says volumes about how Richo and Benji are transforming to club. In the past we would have had to pay more than any club to get a player of quality.

Transcript below.
“broke just hours before it officially got done.
So, Tarouva will be at the West Tigers next season. Another blow for the Penrith off the back is James Fischer-Harris leaving at the end of the season. They've got some gaps to fill in the other Panthers.
Well, they're losing Lui, they're losing James Fischer-Harris. I want to talk cold, hard, Johnny Cash. From what you know, Michael, what are the Tigers paying?
And, Anthony, how did it compare to what the Dragons were offering and what the Panthers were able to put on the table at this point?
Well, the most unique deal was the Dragons. The Dragons offer was somewhere between $450 and $600, but there was triggers in that contract depending on if he played X amount of games at fullback. You know, if he played X amount of games at fullback, he would have earned top dollar.
I think the Panthers were around that $3, $3.50 mark, and I think the Tigers would have been around that $4, $4.50. So he's gone to the Tigers for significantly less than he potentially could have earned at the Dragons, depending on those triggers, the amount of games[…]”
Seems a bargain for such a quality level back up fullback, quality centre/winger.

Seems a bargain for such a quality level back up fullback, quality centre/winger.
The Panthers outside backs are very good at bringing to ball upfield at the start of the sets. Olam and Sunia will do a good job of this. Naden also can make good yardage. Players like Sunia will really help our forwards out.

I reckon Fish is their biggest loss.
28, current golden boot holder.
Genuine leader, intimidator and proper tough guy.
That said, I wouldn’t write them off. Seen many embarrass themselves over the years predicting Melbournes demise. Penrith are very similar.
I think JFH is a bit overrated personally. I think without Leota he wouldn't be anywhere near the same player. In Penrith's biggest games Leota has been more impressive

I think JFH is a bit overrated personally. I think without Leota he wouldn't be anywhere near the same player. In Penrith's biggest games Leota has been more impressive
Over rated? Come on.
He has been a leader in that team for years. Leota works with and compliments him very nicely. I’m interested to see how Moses goes without him.
As for not playing as well in the big games, go back over the 4 GFs and you will see that he is arguably the best performed prop in all 4 games…on either team. He has won Dally M positional award twice during this time which is impressive given the talent in his position (Papali’i, Haas, Fonua Blake etc)
Last season he wins the comp then leads the Kiwis to an arse flogging of a very strong Kangaroos team in the Pacific championships, collecting the Golden Boot in the process.
The guy is a champion.

Great to have options. I’m tipping Bula is unlocked and goes to elite in a better backline though.
Bula has the opportunity to unlock our existing backline, but struggling to inject himself into gaps or create gaps for supports?

Over rated? Come on.
He has been a leader in that team for years. Leota works with and compliments him very nicely. I’m interested to see how Moses goes without him.
As for not playing as well in the big games, go back over the 4 GFs and you will see that he is arguably the best performed prop in all 4 games…on either team. He has won Dally M positional award twice during this time which is impressive given the talent in his position (Papali’i, Haas, Fonua Blake etc)
Last season he wins the comp then leads the Kiwis to an arse flogging of a very strong Kangaroos team in the Pacific championships, collecting the Golden Boot in the process.
The guy is a champion.
Haha the last 2 grand finals Moses Leota has completely outshone JFH. Don't know what you've been watching. JFH was captain of Kiwis last year but he also had an elite forward pack of Tapine, Leota, Harris NAS, Nikora, etc. I think he'll be great for Warriors but I simply don't think he's as good as Tapine in a bad team (Canberra), Haas (who was the best player for Broncos in their spoon year) among others

Haha the last 2 grand finals Moses Leota has completely outshone JFH. Don't know what you've been watching. JFH was captain of Kiwis last year but he also had an elite forward pack of Tapine, Leota, Harris NAS, Nikora, etc. I think he'll be great for Warriors but I simply don't think he's as good as Tapine in a bad team (Canberra), Haas (who was the best player for Broncos in their spoon year) among others
Bullshit…..To everything you’ve said LMFAO
Fish ran 200m against Parra in 22, FMD what a poor take this is. 🤣🤣🤣

Bullshit…..To everything you’ve said LMFAO
Fish ran 200m against Parra in 22, FMD what a poor take this is. 🤣🤣🤣
Leota was the reason dominated the game. Stats are deceiving and don't tell you the story of how the game panned out

Members online

Back