Tahu Returns

Zaibatsu

![](http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2009/07/22/1225753/069214-dtsplash-coming-home2.gif)
\

**Timan Tahu ends union nightmare by returning to Parramatta Eels**
>
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Tahu and the Eels finalised negotiations on Monday, with the shock switch to be formally announced later this week.
>
The 29-year-old finished his rugby league career at Parramatta in 2007 after signing a four-year deal with the ARU worth nearly $2 million.
>
But the switch has not been an enjoyable one for the Newcastle junior, who has spent much of this year’s Super 14 competition on the bench for the Waratahs and failed to claim a start with the Wallabies.
>
Speculation arose earlier this season that Tahu was poised to join the Roosters, but he denied a return to league was on the cards. Unbeknown to most, however, was a get-out clause in his ARU contract that enabled Tahu to leave at the end of this season.
>
He has decided to exploit that clause with Parramatta. His signing is a further coup for the club, which recently snared representative props Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton and has began negotiations to wrap up in-form superstar Jarryd Hayne for another three years.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/timan-tahu-ends-union-nightmare-by-returning-to-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexni-1225753075953

Parra fans must be rejoicing with the roster next year

Daniel Anderson is still their coach though

Daniel Anderson = FAIL

DAMN! Good signing for Para… Tahu would have been great here... Inu is no doubt going to be offloaded... If para are banking on that... he should stay and stuff up their salary cap haaha

Tim Tam's back…...still doesn't fix their problems in the forwards or their braindead Coach....Just takes a huge chunk of cap....

1\. Hayne
2\. Grothe
3\. Reddy
4\. Tahu
5\. Inu
6\. Mortimer
7\. Keating

not a bad backline at all. Throw in Poore and Shack to their pack and they'll be a tough side to beat next season.

@Marshall_magic said:
1\. Hayne
2\. Grothe
3\. Reddy
4\. Tahu
5\. Inu
6\. Mortimer
7\. Keating

not a bad backline at all. Throw in Poore and Shack to their pack and they'll be a tough side to beat next season.

Definitely, they are looking great. I reckon they'll be a real force next year.

I reckon Tahu will still struggle when it comes to injuries, he's had dodgy hamstrings for years. It would be interesting to know if Inu is on the way out though. Tahu would not have gone back cheaply and the Eels spent big money in signing Poore.

Inu won't be there next season will he? He and Mateo are leaving I believe.

Still a mighty impressive backline if it contains Hayne, Tahu and Grothe (when in form).

Also whats the story with Ben Smith, did he leave them or is he still with them but injured? I can't remember for some reason :confused:

@Zaibatsu said:
Inu won't be there next season will he? He and Mateo are leaving I believe.

Still a mighty impressive backline if it contains Hayne, Tahu and Grothe (when in form).

Also whats the story with Ben Smith, did he leave them or is he still with them but injured? I can't remember for some reason :confused:

Mateo isn't going anywhere. He's still under contract for next year and Parramatta are desperate to hang onto him. The Bulldogs are interested but I don't know how much they would offer, or whether Mateo would be interested in jumping ship.

@T91 said:
@Marshall_magic said:
1\. Hayne
2\. Grothe
3\. Reddy
4\. Tahu
5\. Inu
6\. Mortimer
7\. Keating

Definitely, they are looking great. I reckon they'll be a real force next year.

put together a pack containing Hindmarsh, Shackleton, Poore and Moimoi, they will be a tough side to beat, glad we broke the hoodoo this year.

@Geo. said:
Tim Tam's back…...**still doesn't fix their problems in the forwards** or their braindead Coach....Just takes a huge chunk of cap....

No, but Justin Poore, Shane Shackleton and Mateo returning from injury certainly does…

8\. Poore
9\. Keating
10\. Cayless/Moi Moi
11\. Hindmarsh
12\. Shackleton
13\. Mateo

Looks like a decent forward pack to me. Throw in Tahu and Hayne in the backline and that's a good looking side. At least on paper...

Parramatta have had very impressive teams over recent years, but very little to show for it.

@NJLM78 said:
Parramatta have had very impressive teams over recent years, but very little to show for it.

no they haven't, they've had a very average side that gets hyped up beyond belief. What they have lined up next year on paper looks a lot stronger than any side I've seen them put together in 10 years (including 2001). But as they say, it's not won on paper.

@Marshall_magic said:
@NJLM78 said:

no they haven't, they've had a very average side that gets hyped up beyond belief. What they have lined up next year on paper looks a lot stronger than any side I've seen them put together in 10 years (including 2001). But as they say, it's not won on paper.

I watched a classic match on fox sports the other day from 01 and this was basically their team:

1\. Hodgo
2\. Moodie
3\. Lyon
4\. Vaeliki
5\. Donald/Burt
6\. Beautner/Drew
7\. Taylor
8\. N Cayless
9\. Marsh
10\. Vella
11\. N Hindmarsh
12\. Ryan
13\. Wagon

14\. I Hindmarsh
15\. J Cayless
16\. Solomona
17\. Irvine

I think that side has better halves then what they will have next year and better depth. But they will be up there i reckon just like they were in 01 and 05.

Tahu was useless in union… He is as injury prone as Sonny Bill and he wouldn't come cheap.

FTR

Ellis > Hindmarsh
Galloway > Poore
Lawrence > Tahu

I'd rather have Ellis, KG and Lawry than their opposites at Parra. I think that Cayless may go to England though.

This guy was the worst convert from league to union. The ARU shouldn't have spent the dough on this imposter… Hope that's the last time ARU try to buy thick heads who can't even adapt to the game... He wouldn't know half the rules at the breakdown... Anyway the ARU have a truckload of quality outside backs so they don't need to buy trouble like Lote, Rogers etc...

Its good for rugby league to get Tahu back from union.

Don't think he will go good under daniel anderson coaching style.

He has alot of talent but is not good to have around a club IMO. He is a mercinary who is so obviously is out for number 1\. This attitude can kill a club

Back