Tame Tupou - Forwards?

weststigers

Was just thinking with the Tigers signing all these outside backs, maybe Sheens has him lined up as a wide running back rower.

He's been pushed there before so wouldn't be out of the question. What are your thoughts?

Depends how his knee pulls up and whether he has some speed. I'd prefer him on the wing over Brown but Ryan is playing decent football and doesn't look like being dropped anytime soon. Hard to picture him in the forwards given the players the Tigers have there at the moment and some of the juniors coming through such as Dwyer and Schirnack.

@weststigers said:
Was just thinking with the Tigers signing all these outside backs, maybe Sheens has him lined up as a wide running back rower.

He's been pushed there before so wouldn't be out of the question. What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't read too much into the Tupou signing. I think the Tigers took a punt on a low risk, high reward signing.

I don't think they have any plans for him beyond; if his knee heals and he gets some form and fitness back, that's a nice bonus. If it doesn't, no loss.

@fergiefurr said:
c'mon….would sheens manufacture a back rower?

:neutral_face:
The last bloke he turned into a backrower was Galea, well over a year ago so this call is getting pretty tiresome everytime there is a contract thread…not a dig at you fergiefurr.

Another website said he failed his medical and needs a full knee job and we have pulled out of the deal ????????

@supercoach said:
Another website said he failed his medical and needs a full knee job and we have pulled out of the deal ????????

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Link please?

This week's RLW magazine says that he won't play this year and is undergoing knee surgery this week. There was no mention of the Tigers letting him go. I assume they will put him through pre-season training and see where his knee is at.

I was under the impression that he was signed up for match payments for this season with a view to maybe signing him next season

He's already had the ACL op, not quite sure how it all goes but he said theres been some fusion which I think can be an unwanted result of the surgery, more minor surgery required to correct it.

Was spotted and seen today at the Members Day at Concord. Witnessed him drive out of the Concord Oval Car Park. He was decked out in Wests Tigers training gear. Make of that what you will. It's either McDonnell playing it down or RLW is telling porkies. But he's definitely somewhat involved, otherwise why would he be hanging around?

The reason he cannot make a **quality** back-rower is (just like Hoppa & Nella) his strength is in running the ball into gaps - not in defence either quantitatively or qualitatively!

Back-rowers need to be able to play 60 minutes - make 20 tackles and 10 hit-ups. Even Nella was puffing at PL level when playing there.

The fact is that he is contracted to us for only this year and has an agreement to sign for 2010 if he is able to be certified fit by next January with the assistance of Leedsy & our rehab team.

As for our forward stocks for 2010 - you add the two Schirnack boys & Dwyer (& assume Skando's retention) and that is close to a full complement if we retain Galea or Payne on the cheap (and lets face it noone else wants them).

Sheens has stated continuously his desire to use Daine as a wide back-rower next year & beyond which makes alot more sense than Tupou.

Tame Topou was at the basketball tonight with benji and tim moltzen he is definately involved with the club, he would have been a very handy replacement for TNT.

I forgot that basketball was still played in this country at a professional level

More black guys in the crowd than on court…saw some of it this morning, the bledisloe equivalent looked like a high school match compared to the NBA
BTW Tame cannot drive, has already taken out a bollard in the proton

Back