11\. Rhys Curran
12\. Jason Schirnack
13\. Matt Hyland

Interchange
14\. Chris Corby
15\. Leivaha Pulu
16\. David Fifita
17\. Neccrom Areaiiti

Big game against the ladder leaders. Manly have only lost 2 games this year and drawn 1 for 35 points.

Last year's Grand Finalists the Broncos (5th on 26) play the Raiders (6th on 26) this week too. A win is needed for the Tigers to keep their top 4 spot, currently on 27 points.

Actually … this week is gunna be a great week in the U20s.

1st V 4th (Manly V Tigers)
2nd V 3rd (Storm V Dragons)
5th V 6th (Broncos V Raiders)

Currently the top 8 is:
Played Pts W D L B F A PD
1 Sea Eagles 18 35 15 1 2 2 649 280 369
2 Storm 18 32 14 0 4 2 646 449 19
3 Dragons 18 30 13 0 5 2 546 351 195
4 Wests Tigers 18 27 11 1 6 2 443 458 -15
5 Broncos 18 26 11 0 7 2 520 418 102
6 Raiders 18 26 10 2 6 2 550 491 59
7 Warriors 18 23 9 1 8 2 489 462 27
8 Rabbitohs 18 21 8 1 9 2 546 470 76

There's that 3 point gap to 3rd, so a win this week against Manly would be a great boost for the boys who then play 14th places Roosters and 16th placed Cronulla in the coming weeks.

Not confident going in against Manly in the 20's. They are by far and away the best team running around and the only way I see the Tigers knocking them over is if Manly have an off night to be honest. The Tigers sit in 4th and still have a minus points differential. Manly are so far in the positive it's not funny.

I hope the Tigers can stay with them and not capitulate like they did at Brookvale. Manly really made the Tigers look second rate that day but the Tigers have improved a lot, as their win over Canberra showed. The Tigers have points in them but they also leak points too easy and Manly won't miss an opportunity if the Tigers give them one.

I hope to be proved wrong, but the Eagles will take a lot of stopping.

The Tigers have had some good wins this year. Knocked over Melbourne and Canberrs in some solid efforts, not to mention beating the Dragons a few weeks ago too. They also got hammered by the Broncos at Campbelltown. When they lose, they lose badly. It's a confidence thing and I think coming off wins against the Premiers and other strong contenders, they should be going into the game with a a positive mind not to give up.

@alex said:
The Tigers have had some good wins this year. Knocked over Melbourne and Canberrs in some solid efforts, not to mention beating the Dragons a few weeks ago too. They also got hammered by the Broncos at Campbelltown. When they lose, they lose badly. It's a confidence thing and I think coming off wins against the Premiers and other strong contenders, they should be going into the game with a a positive mind not to give up.

We were beaten by the Dragons mate. It wasn't a flogging though.

The team has benefited greatly by nearly having the exact crew on for weeks now, and that 2nd half against the Raiders was the best I have seen them play.

The key for them will be to start strongly and try to contain the Manly pack.I feel it will be a close hard fought match with only 6 points in it, and for a under 20s match against Manly , that's a big call

@Aladinsane said:
The team has benefited greatly by nearly having the exact crew on for weeks now, and that 2nd half against the Raiders was the best I have seen them play.

The key for them will be to start strongly and try to contain the Manly pack.I feel it will be a close hard fought match with only 6 points in it, and for a under 20s match against Manly , that's a big call

Spot on….Beating the Raiders on their dung heap would give them a huge lift...bar Dwyers call up I think It's been the same team for about 5 weeks now...

Coach Jones has settled it seems on the squad as they surge toward the finals....I was very impressed with the D against the Storm and the Raiders....We all know Defence is key in the 20's comp...

On a side note....Anyone know what's happened to Bodie Clarke....thought he showed a lot of promise earlier in the year....

@Geo. said:
On a side note….Anyone know what's happened to Bodie Clarke....thought he showed a lot of promise earlier in the year....

Not sure if it was him or Jake Clarke but one of them broke their leg or something similar against the Storm at Leichhardt. Had to be stretchered off

@alex said:
@Geo. said:
On a side note….Anyone know what's happened to Bodie Clarke....thought he showed a lot of promise earlier in the year....

Not sure if it was him or Jake Clarke but one of them broke their leg or something similar against the Storm at Leichhardt. Had to be stretchered off

It would have been Bodie cause Jake's still there….I forgot about it....that would explain it...Thanks Alex

frm Wests Tigers website….

TOYOTA CUP CLASH TO BE A BEAUTY
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wests Tigers have the chance to secure fourth spot on the Toyota Cup ladder against Manly Sea Eagles at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday night.
>
Heading into the round 21 clash, Wests Tigers Coach Grant Jones has his team sitting in fourth place on the ladder on 27 points with Brisbane and Canberra breathing down their necks on 26 points.
>
Wests Tigers will face a real acid test against the first placed Manly who are three points clear on top of the ladder on 35 points.
>
Manly head into the match on the back of a 40-10 demolition of Newcastle last Friday night while Wests Tigers go in after a gutsy 21-18 comeback win over Canberra last Sunday.
>
Wests Tigers have won six of their past seven matches.
>
Full-back Jake Mullaney was recognised for his outstanding game Canberra by being named the Fox Sports Toyota Cup player of the week.
>
Kick-off is 4.45pm.

It should be a cracker..Fire Up Cubs...smash the scum...

**WESTS TIGERS U20s vs MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s**

**1\. WESTS TIGERS U20s 5.50** +12.0 : 2.10 +14.0 : 1.90
2\. MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s 1.15 -16.0 : 2.10 -14.0 : 1.90
\
\
1\. **WESTS TIGERS U20s 1-12 : 6.75** 13 : 17.00
2\. MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s 1-12 : 3.10 13 : 1.77
\
\
Gee that $6.75 for the Tigers winning Margin of 1-12 looks very tempting….

I noticed on the Toyota Cup ladder that the Broncos leapfrogged the Tigers into 4th spot in beating Canberra. The good news is that if the Tigers do lose tonight, they will remain in 5th spot before taking on a disappointing Roosters outfit next weekend.

Link to an interview with the Fifita twins on WTV:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=18928

@Aladinsane said:
**WESTS TIGERS U20s vs MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s**

**1\. WESTS TIGERS U20s 5.50** +12.0 : 2.10 +14.0 : 1.90
2\. MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s 1.15 -16.0 : 2.10 -14.0 : 1.90
\
\
1\. **WESTS TIGERS U20s 1-12 : 6.75** 13 : 17.00
2\. MANLY SEA EAGLES U20s 1-12 : 3.10 13 : 1.77
\
\
Gee that $6.75 for the Tigers winning Margin of 1-12 looks very tempting….

Indeed….WT 13+ ...it could happen....Are Manly that good.....Wests Tigers are in form.....

@willow said:
Link to an interview with the Fifita twins on WTV:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=18928

I didn't get a chance to look at this clip when I posted it earlier but those Fifita boys are big units. They towered over Cuzzo and he's no midget. Hopefully they aim up and go well tonight. The Tigers will need their aggression and go forward.

Leading by 2 with 5mins to go and thought they had it won. Andrew Fifita threw the game away when he tried for the miracle pass off the ground on zero tackle 5mins from the try line with 5mins to go. *Brain explosion*

Wouldve been excellent to get over Manly. They're absoultely miles ahead in the NYC

Latest posts

Staff online

Back