"Teddy"

he had already had one foot out the door when he signed with canberra and Robbie helped talk hom out of it. Unfortunately we were never keeping teddy.
He is the only player that was irreplaceable whe he left
 
I don't think he would be the player he is if he stayed with us

At the same time, he wouldn't be the player he is if it weren't for the tough losses and individual brilliance he needed to win games here.

From all reports, he has his own physio, sports psych, recovery stuff he does and pays for from his own pocket.

I hope we helped him somewhere with that professionalism
 
The worst part of Teddys game is that he often gets too involved and takes more than his share of ball. I believe this is a left over legacy from his days here where he had to play like that as no one else had much go about them.
Apart from that though….his call to join Roosters has to be up there with the best tactical career decisions I’ve seen. Captained premierships, captained SOO series wins, captained Test and WC titles, with the exception of the golden boot, he has won every major award that you can win- some multiple times. The bloke will retire not just one of the games greats, but also one of the most decorated.
Would all of that happened had he stayed a Tiger? Not a snowballs chance in hell.
 
Back
Top