Tedesco

See,this is a typical emotional thread,Teddy this Teddy that,bring him home BS...we looked after him after his 20 min debut and he kicked us in the guts because he couldnt hack the hard yards at the WTs because he thought he could do better in a greater roster for more money and he took it...cudos to him for doing so well,but forgot who did the right thing by him in rehab and later in the roster...he is a money man and LOYALTY has no place in his heart...Yeah I know its a hard game and short career,many good men have given up more for less to stay loyal,,,I couldnt give a rats if he plays with TOM T for NSW
See,this is a typical emotional thread,Teddy this Teddy that,bring him home BS...we looked after him after his 20 min debut and he kicked us in the guts because he couldnt hack the hard yards at the WTs because he thought he could do better in a greater roster for more money and he took it...cudos to him for doing so well,but forgot who did the right thing by him in rehab and later in the roster...he is a money man and LOYALTY has no place in his heart...Yeah I know its a hard game and short career,many good men have given up more for less to stay loyal,,,I couldnt give a rats if he plays with TOM T for NSW or not I reckon they are both on the verge of extinction...
agree. We spent so much time on his rehab even changing his running style so he wouldn’t keep slipping over. Ran to the chooks because he wanted to win a premiership instead helping us to get there.

As usual, a cranky response.
Think outside your anger S. I didn’t realise there was such hatred for Teddy on here, I would think the Aussie captain could always add something to our pedestrian attack.
Im reading about us chasing Johnson, Hunt , Moses etc why is Teddy so different.
Coz he left for a better life , and did us wrong.
I would certainly welcome him back , forgive and forget .
What was different was Moses was a low priority for the Tigers, & we shot ourselves in the foot losing him. Tedesco , on the other hand was bought by the Roosters, as most cheap individuals with no character are .He turned his back on the club that stuck with him though all his injuries. Does not deserve the opportunity to wear the Tigers colours ever again.

What was different was Moses was a low priority for the Tigers, & we shot ourselves in the foot losing him. Tedesco , on the other hand was bought by the Roosters, as most cheap individuals with no character are .He turned his back on the club that stuck with him though all his injuries. Does not deserve the opportunity to wear the Tigers colours ever again.
Whilst I understand your comments I just don't buy in to the whole Teddy, Cleary hatred thing etc. that’s so prevalent on this forum.
I was as pissed off as anyone when we lost them both but I am purely looking at a business decision NOW and whether Teddy would be useful to help stabilise our backs the same way Klemmer and API have done for the forwards.
Whilst his form is pretty ordinary at present, Teddys a class player who hasn’t achieved what he’s done without that fact.
We keep talking about SJ, BH, MP, all of whom are on the wrong side of 30 so I threw Teddy into the mix.
And that’s not taking anything away from Bula who has made a great impact in a short time. I’m talking as well as Bula not instead of Bula.

Whilst I understand your comments I just don't buy in to the whole Teddy, Cleary hatred thing etc. that’s so prevalent on this forum.
I was as pissed off as anyone when we lost them both but I am purely looking at a business decision NOW and whether Teddy would be useful to help stabilise our backs the same way Klemmer and API have done for the forwards.
Whilst his form is pretty ordinary at present, Teddys a class player who hasn’t achieved what he’s done without that fact.
We keep talking about SJ, BH, MP, all of whom are on the wrong side of 30 so I threw Teddy into the mix.
And that’s not taking anything away from Bula who has made a great impact in a short time. I’m talking as well as Bula not instead of Bula.
I hear what your saying Hal in regards to having the experience around these young fellas. However , i believe more harm would be done than good if Tedesco is allowed back. It would send the message that is ok to disrepect this club & leave. IMHO , this club needs to show our juniors that playing for the Tigers is an hounour & if you choose to leave we wont be your retirement plan.

I hear what your saying Hal in regards to having the experience around these young fellas. However , i believe more harm would be done than good if Tedesco is allowed back. It would send the message that is ok to disrepect this club & leave. IMHO , this club needs to show our juniors that playing for the Tigers is an hounour & if you choose to leave we wont be your retirement plan.
Exactly. It’s not about hatred. It’s about showing strength and fortitude as an organization.

Can’t agree with that Champ but respect your opinion.
Looks like I am just about one out re Teddy so no use discussing any further.
Better move on to Johnson eh ! Now there’s a 33 yo to get excited about. Not.

I can't blame him for leaving... If a company offered me better pay conditions rewards etc etc better everything for the same job, I'd take it tio
A lot of the hate comes from the way he left - he strung the tigers along in letting them think he was a good chance to stay then bang he was gone. That rubbish cost the tigers keeping Paps who moved on thinking teddy was staying. I have no qualms with him going i just think it was a shit way to treat the club after all the support they had given him over the previous few years.

What if a company offered you better pay and conditions, but leaving your old company made them struggle for years, even collapse? What if all your former workmates are made to struggle more because you have left?

Analogy breaks down here, because that's not your problem.

Your company would fire you in a hearbeat if it meant increased profits.

Back