Terrible ref

It's not her fault for being a totally incompetent referee, she does her best, it's the NRL's fault for putting her in a position she isn't ready for.

Also she probably hates us but you can't prove that.

How could they possibly give Badger a first grade game after last week's embarrassing display of total ineptitude?
NRL and ref's bosses turning up their noses at everyone ... just because they can.
Seriously hopes she fails again and gets a deserved stint in reserves or the womens game to learn her job.

Poor standard of refereeing during a few games.
I can’t believe my eyes, the Phillip Sami try was allowed but API’s was not???
Sami couldn’t believe what he was hearing either.

The Sami try was unquestionably the wrong call. There is clear separation between the hand and ball. If any further proof is needed, just look at how the ball bounces afterwards.

Everything wrong with Western Societies today can be attributed to 3 words…
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
DEI is ruining companies and organisations by focusing on a perceived fairness rather than selecting those most deserving and qualified.

I blame the decline of western society on the disappearance of prayer from school and the movie Gremlins 2. Think about all the sh*t that has happened since its release. Coincidence? More like causation.

True, but what if it wasnt the statesmen who were mouthing off? Maybe Klemmer was wrong time wrong place? She clearly said she'd had enough of trying to work with the team. Id like to know the context behind that as it would likely lead to our answer.

Yes that would be a proactive approach. Referees seem to not enjoy our games. Its about time we drill down as to why.
Ive always thought its due to poor onfield leadership in a man management capacity from us coupled with a squad who take a lot of shortcuts - especially in defence. The refs feel our leaders ignore them or just cant control the boys. We try to control the speed of the game, but in an amatureish way that cant be overlooked as the 'grey area' that squads that are good at it practically live in.
As for the fans...theres been a bit of talk this week surrounding keyboard warriors and it seems directed loosley at our fans. Billy Slater held no punches when speaking about it. Maybe our fans do hammer the refs online publically enough that they have grown a bias? You only have to see the game day threads to see that as soon as the penalties start, the insults and accusations come thick and fast behind them. Are some people taking things further than merely venting on a forum? Its possible.
Yea a wests tigers forum full of one sided tigers supporters is vastly different from actually engaging these people in thier private life .
For good and bad, much like the dragons , eels and dogs , we generate absolute fanatics , maybe the losing has galvanised in a really unhealthy way ? I dunno .
For me , whilst I lost it on Saturday , I tend to voice my displeasure at ref decisions , but generally I try my best not to ref bash ( Saturday withstanding) .
Maybe they are victims of history as well ? Re. They know that we have been dudded an abhorrent amount , and as such are way too in thier head about it ?
I remember there was 3-4 years where the cowboys got hammered in the 2010s , and had to have the come to Jesus conversation with the refs .
I dunno playing victim is unbecoming IMO , and pretty much the opposite to how I like to live personally .
I don’t know whose bed we did a shit in …. But honestly we need to figure it out . We can’t move forward as a club with this ongoing .

This is my stance.
Most on here are excusing our poor football and mental acuity because some poor reffing decisions occured on the weekend. Bulldogs recieved some rough calls as well. Didnt affect their game as much.
The poor reffing had some affect on our performance. Our reaction to it did moreso.
It has to be remembered that the ref was drowning and recieved zero support from her colleagues on the sideline and in the box. She had a team full of grown men screaming at her. You cant blame her for doubling down in an attempt to stay in control.
If our boys were smarter and more respectful, they could have influenced a better outcome...after all, we only went down by 8. Throwing tantrums never works and it was obvious from her warning to Bateman early in the second stanza that she'd reached her limit with our team. That was the time to shutup, and knuckle down. Our behaviour and discipline just continued to nose dive and the penalties flowed as a result.
Missing a real leader there last Saturday... I agree with you on the time to shut up and dig in... Although Bateman was good towards her he didn't get that message to his players
Competent ref's though can handle this pressure or take steps earlier on to not let it get to that stage.
Big lesson to be learnt for us from this game

This is my stance.
Most on here are excusing our poor football and mental acuity because some poor reffing decisions occured on the weekend. Bulldogs recieved some rough calls as well. Didnt affect their game as much.
The poor reffing had some affect on our performance. Our reaction to it did moreso.
It has to be remembered that the ref was drowning and recieved zero support from her colleagues on the sideline and in the box. She had a team full of grown men screaming at her. You cant blame her for doubling down in an attempt to stay in control.
If our boys were smarter and more respectful, they could have influenced a better outcome...after all, we only went down by 8. Throwing tantrums never works and it was obvious from her warning to Bateman early in the second stanza that she'd reached her limit with our team. That was the time to shutup, and knuckle down. Our behaviour and discipline just continued to nose dive and the penalties flowed as a result.
I agree that there were a number of poor refereeing decisions and I am just as guilty as anyone when it comes to complaining about refereeing, getting the rub of the green and so on, but the fact of the matter is that when it came to making poor judgements, which cannot be denied when you take into account the number of Captain's challenges that were won, she was not alone in making poor decisions and received bugger all help from the side line officials and the bunker.

I don't think we should blame the refereeing on losing that game, we led at half time and we did so through effort and a certain amount of resilience, which this team has been showing, even if only for periods during games this season.

I blame the loss on whatever it was that Benji said to them at half time and his inability to get the team up for the second half, I know it often happens in games but it still astounds me how the same team can be so poor and throw a game away the way they did when they were in it right up to their eye balls at half time.

How could they possibly give Badger a first grade game after last week's embarrassing display of total ineptitude?
NRL and ref's bosses turning up their noses at everyone ... just because they can.
Seriously hopes she fails again and gets a deserved stint in reserves or the womens game to learn her job.
Bulletproof when you hold the DEI card.

Casey has been given Warriors v Roosters this week.
Billy knows nothing about playing at a struggling club and the mental frustration that comes with that as player and a fan.
That is not relevant.
He was speaking about keyboard warriors attacking the referees on social media. It has nothing to do with him and who he played for.

This is the golden example of blatant bad calls against the Tigers.............. and why i dont trust refs that have obvious TAB accounts in other peoples names.
This is the arrogance and disrespect we were talking on here last night about.
If Abdo wants fans players coaches to respect refs then they need to get some back in return
I remember that night it infuriated me, how he completely ignored Nofo and didnt even look at him
He even said to Farah "Im not looking at it"

This is the golden example of blatant bad calls against the Tigers.............. and why i dont trust refs that have obvious TAB accounts in other peoples names.
Did Shayne have a TAB account in another name did he Winnie?
And he I was thinking he was to far from the kitchen sink?

It’s got nothing to do with her been a ref, it’s a woke thing the nrl can’t be seen to dump a female no matter how bad she was

Warriors to get reffed out of the match,however at least they will probably complain when it happens.We didn't

Warriors to get reffed out of the match,however at least they will probably complain when it happens.We didn't
So the NRL hate them too? Can we get a list of who they hate and who they don’t?

Back