Thank you Wade...

barra

For sniffing around the play looking for a chance.
For taking those chances!
For the hit-ups out of your own quarter.
For attempting to create attack when no-one else was capable of it - or even thinking about it.

Now get back to training so you can put those line-breaks to bed!!

Seriously, what a breath of fresh air he was last night in attack. I have not enjoyed watching our fullback play that much since Hodgo. In what was otherwise a relatively dissapointing performance Wade gave us somehthing new to cheer about.

He was excellent.

A true fullback. Be nice if he was a bit quicker but still elusive and reads the game very well. Always backing up.

I agree. He will be a very good signing for us. Looked real good last night.

It was a shame he got ran down by that cat Creagh though.

Looks to be running on tired legs, but this could be contributed to his recent injuries.
His experience shines through and ability to run off ball carriers hips is his trademark.
Gallant has a fairly similar game.

Also just want to mention how good his defence is!!! He will only get better as well when he gets used to our style, threw some nice passes and is always backing up looks to have dropped some weight!! I think if he keeps this form up we should give him a contract for next year. 1.Mckinnon 2.Lote 5.Taneila what an awesome combo

You can still see how new he is to our way of play, sometimes stagnating our offence but that will reduce as he learns us more.

Not since the days of _Heart Guts Hodgo_ have we seen the poetry of a #1 chiming into the attack with precision

@innsaneink said:
You can still see how new he is to our way of play, sometimes stagnating our offence but that will reduce as he learns us more.

Not since the days of _Heart Guts Hodgo_ have we seen the poetry of a #1 chiming into the attack with precision

farah and benji stagnated our attack lastnight their passing was crap to say the least

Great game,why o why did Sheens take him off,this fascination with a back on the bench is stupid.

He hasnt played a lot of footy and was carrying a niggle 2-3 weeks down the track he doesnt get caught

The problem with having Moltz, Fitzy and Beau as fullbacks were they never supported and it was always obvious that they were not natural fullbacks. Although he may not be that quick anymore, its just great the someone is always there ready for the support play.

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:
@851 said:
Great game,why o why did Sheens take him off,this fascination with a back on the bench is stupid.

Fatigue

Hip injury?

hey geo..was wondering if you still think that farah and marshall should be crtisizing anyones passing game after last nights display…i know you were adamant that lotes passing was woeful based on the fact that farah and marshall said it was...then they come out 5 days later and produce passing worse then under 12s school boys
\
\
as for wade he was great lastnight...needs to pick up a yard of pace but that will come with game time...loved his support play

@simonthetiger said:
He had a good game alright,but I couldnt believe he got chased down by Creagh.

Ouch!!

He's quick off the mark but couldn't hold his speed the further he went. If the Tigers hang onto him I hope he works hard on sprint training in the off-season, moreso for the sake of being able to go the distance if he ends up in the clear like that again.

McKinnion is coming back from a hamstring injury and took a hip injury into the game…...

He had an awesome game....

Ron..... Benji and Farah's passing was no better or worse than normal.......as were the dumb opitions in attack....

Against a team like the Dragrons on their dung heap you need luck and a lot to go right.....

Yeah he was terrific last night. I wouldn't worry too much about his pace dropping off when he was in the clear. As already mentioned: second game back from hamstring injury, was under a injury cloud going into this game, not sure how many sessions he participated in leading up to last night, still lacking in match fitness, short turnaround from Sunday etc, etc.

@simonthetiger said:
He had a good game alright,but I couldnt believe he got chased down by Creagh.

Ouch!!

Creagh did chase well to get himself into a position to tackle wade, but watching it on tv you could see that wade actually pulls up and tries to go on the inside and wrong foot creagh.
If he had of just kept his course and backed himself he might have at least made a few more metres, if not gone on to score.

Staff online

Back