Thanks for the memories Mitch

nice throw down from mitch on valintine b4 1/2 time,didnt think either of the halves 4NSW were great,kicks from them lost us the game,still a series spankin,haha QLD

@tiger05premier said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416018) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415979) said:
Wighton was a far bigger failure than Moses. I almost think that he's played himself out of the no.14 jersey even.

Fittler tried to 'set up for the future' by picking younger halves but it's costed him a whitewash. Halfback is too important of a position to give to some chump.

Can't agree with that

Wighton at least had a go

Moses was heartless

He had a go and screwed up. He was the worst player on the field in the 1st half. Considering he's played 10 or so origins, it was quite poor. Two back to back repeat sets were his fault. Mitch didn't take control but his kicking game was excellent as usual.

@tiger05premier said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415849) said:
Big game imposter

I'm surprised he didn't fake an injury pre game knowing full well he would dog it as he doesn't have the heart for it

Anyway the loss is on fittler

He picked moses and moses ego believed he was up to it when the rest of moses really wasn't up to it

But like I said fittler picked him and so fittler wears the blame himself for failing in his dream to coach one of NSW best ever squads to a whitewash

Moses though will probably still wake up this morning thinking he was one of the best on the field and Fittler will wake devastated at how on earth he made such a critically bad decision

:clap: :clap: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

If I was Moses I'd lock the $15,000 in a term deposit and look at it around Origin Time each year just so he can remind himself that he , once and only once , played for NSW. The increase alone , per year , is really what he is worth to the Origin arena.

@spud_murphy said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415725) said:
No better or no worse than Mitchell Pearce in Origin. To be fair, Cleary is a hard act to follow, so Moses was on a hiding to nothing.

Cleary & Luai play tonight, NSW win easily, imo.

If Reynolds and Walker play tonight we win. Moses wasn’t good , but wighton was just as bad. How many times did he throw that dummy when he had 2 or 3 players outside him unmarked.

@crazycat said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415871) said:
Mitch just pass the ball!

That's actually the issue - all he does is catch and pass. Sometimes he goes looking for an opportunity in loose play and typically chooses to kick. You look at this stats, he has bugger-all line break assists (which are created by passes), but he has try assists, all from kicks.

He just spends all game catching and passing, then stands behind play to reef the footy. He does have a big kick on him but it's mostly distance not accuracy. I don't believe he has many forced restarts.

Issue last night is his catch and pass was all one-dimensional sideways. No straightening the attack, no guts to take the ball into the line. That's where Cleary and Adam Reynolds earn their stripes, previously Cronk as well - really digging right into the line to force the defence to set and commit. This opens space for your outside runners, either holes or space for footwork. Just look how deep Reynolds runs into the defence to then give Cody Walker the time and space to make his pass selection; it only ends up being a fraction of a second, but it's enough for Walker and hence why Souths LHS attack is so lethal. Reynolds wears a tonne of late shots for his trouble.

Moses, he just catches and passes. He's too afraid and self-preserving to take it into the line. He wore a couple of early shots last night, including one from Welch and that knock-down collision with Holmes, and was too shaken up to take any more offensive risks.

In the end Tedesco started to get heavily involved at first receiver, calling the shots over Moses. But as per Wests Tigers circa 2017, Tedesco is best getting the ball later in the backline, not first or second receipt. When he starts to overplay his hand, he is less effective and easier for the opposition to predict/defend.

I've been saying it for years: Moses has spent his career passing the ball to better footballers. His upside at Eels is he has always had guys like Gutherson, Dylan Brown, M Jennings, Sivo, Radradra to pass to.

@willow said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415921) said:
I think Fittler would regret not going with a Reynolds/Walker halves combo last night, after Cleary/Luai, they're the next best in-form halves pairing in the comp.

Esp. once Luai was ruled out. Luai in, fair enough you can go with an alternative pairing, but both halves out, makes complete sense to bring in a top-form experienced pair.

And they already have the connection with Latrell, Cook and Murray as well, as Swordy said.

@wt46 said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415953) said:
This guy is so overrated and shite. His kicking game is still the same as ever. Boring bombs that goes straight to the fullback or the winger. No variations to his game. Brooks robbed from that 7 jersey.

I genuinely believe Brooks is 100x better than Moses and is just unlucky the players around him are rubbish. Brooks would have killed it

This guy is so overrated and shite. His kicking game is still the same as ever. Boring bombs that goes straight to the fullback or the winger. No variations to his game. Brooks robbed from that 7 jersey.

You just described Brooks' kicking game lol
Next you'll say Brooks defence is better, but whatever you think of Moses game he defended well.

![209635685_4136865269736711_4999591692813186127_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626394482367-209635685_4136865269736711_4999591692813186127_n.jpg)

wit wit wit
![218329175_941602163068224_1926960526071769232_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626394629956-218329175_941602163068224_1926960526071769232_n.jpg)

@cktiger said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416519) said:

Next you'll say Brooks defence is better, but whatever you think of Moses game he defended well.

Doubt he was picked for his defence big guy lol

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416525) said:
![209635685_4136865269736711_4999591692813186127_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626394482367-209635685_4136865269736711_4999591692813186127_n.jpg)

:hugging_face: :hugging_face: :hugging_face: :hugging_face: :hugging_face:
Thanks for posting this @Tiger_Fanatic3

@fade-to-black said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415752) said:
@getagrip said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415666) said:
Moses should take plenty of photos tonight. I think it was his last time in a Blues jersey.

You had to look pretty hard to even see he was out there in all honesty. He's a ponce in regular season games so no surprise he was hiding in the shadows tonight.

Except when he plays against us.
We make him look like an immortal .

@gnr4life said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416549) said:

I agree, but his kicking was ok.
If anyone deserves real criticsm, especially in the first half, it would have to be Wighton.
Demanded, and hogged the ball, and kicked like a third grader to give QLD more chances than they deserved.

@cktiger said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416608) said:
@gnr4life said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1416549) said:

I agree, but his kicking was ok.
If anyone deserves real criticsm, especially in the first half, it would have to be Wighton.
Demanded, and hogged the ball, and kicked like a third grader to give QLD more chances than they deserved.

Everyone on here bar a few want to bag Moses at every opportunity, it wasn't his finest hour, but he defended really well, pulled off a couple of great tackles.
His kicking game was not bad, but Wighton who has played around 10 origins was far worse and deserved far more criticism.

Back