Thanks for the memories Mitch

@tiger05premier said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415850) said:
@spud_murphy said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415725) said:
No better or no worse than Mitchell Pearce in Origin. To be fair, Cleary is a hard act to follow, so Moses was on a hiding to nothing.

Cleary & Luai play tonight, NSW win easily, imo.

Sorry spud but I think he was much worse than Pearce

At least he tries and runs the ball

Moses was a total dog tonight

I think you are right here. Pearce does EVERYTHING. Like how Brett Kimmorley played origin. High energy, involved and looking for gaps that never come. Moses stays back, tonight he stayed quiet. I mean he has Turbo and Latrell with awesome wingers. Mitch just pass the ball!

Fittler should have moved Hynes to the bench. I am not sure then what you do with Api Korosau, 2 forward pack in Origin is dangerous.

The weird bit is Ben Hunt should have been overrun by Cook and Api. He wasn't, total credit too him.

@sausagesorcerer said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415853) said:
When I saw the Panthers lads were out I thought Reynolds and Walker were a given.
Especially with Cook,Murray,Latrell and even Crighton.All played plenty of footy together.
No idea as to why Fittler thinks Moses is a rep footy player.got rocks in his head.

More likely Fittler has an accumulation of white powder not rocks

@getagrip said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415666) said:
Moses should take plenty of photos tonight. I think it was his last time in a Blues jersey.

His kicking game was good .....but Wighton and he were never going to work

Why NSW didn't go with Walker and Reynolds just astounds me ...especially with Cook at hooker .....

Fittler about Moses "He was great"

Moses to Fittler "You were great too"

Moses to Moses "i love you"

Fittler to Fittler "Stop slurring!

@happy_tiger said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415897) said:
@getagrip said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415666) said:
Moses should take plenty of photos tonight. I think it was his last time in a Blues jersey.

His kicking game was good .....but Wighton and he were never going to work

Why NSW didn't go with Walker and Reynolds just astounds me ...especially with Cook at hooker .....

Good?
You've gotta be joking... One or two that's it

This destroys the notion that he is even a downhill skier now. He had the games two best wingers, two best fullbacks and another top five fullback in his back five and could not do anything with them.

Myth Moses.

@cultured_bogan said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415915) said:
This destroys the notion that he is even a downhill skier now. He had the games two best wingers, two best fullbacks and another top five fullback in his back five and could not do anything with them.

Myth Moses.

What makes it worse is that the coach can defend his decision to pick the pansy rather than man up and admit he was wrong and cost himself the chance of a whitewash which he was desparate to achieve

I think Fittler would regret not going with a Reynolds/Walker halves combo last night, after Cleary/Luai, they're the next best in-form halves pairing in the comp.

@willow said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415921) said:
I think Fittler would regret not going with a Reynolds/Walker halves combo last night, after Cleary/Luai, they're the next best in-form halves pairing in the comp.

Reynolds/Walker was the way to go. They would find a way to win. Moses never will. Front runner and good time half only is Moses.

It was always going to be a stretch for NSW to win with one player less.

You'd think so wouldn't you. It was a really poor decision. I couldn't understand it prior to the game and it was clearly the wrong decision after watching the game.

Reynolds is a quality half. Moses has his moments but he just isn't that good.

@earl said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415941) said:

You'd think so wouldn't you. It was a really poor decision. I couldn't understand it prior to the game and it was clearly the wrong decision after watching the game.

People have short memories of Walker's games in NSW colours.

@cktiger said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415944) said:
@earl said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415941) said:

People have short memories of Walker's games in NSW colours.

I can understand not playing Walker. I would have played him though. When is on he is a great attacking threat. Moses has never performed to the level Walker has at club level.

When it comes to picking your 7 though I cannot understand on what planet Moses is a better player than Reynolds. Seriously I don't get it at all.

@tiger05premier said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415850) said:
@spud_murphy said in [Thanks for the memories Mitch](/post/1415725) said:
No better or no worse than Mitchell Pearce in Origin. To be fair, Cleary is a hard act to follow, so Moses was on a hiding to nothing.

Cleary & Luai play tonight, NSW win easily, imo.

Sorry spud but I think he was much worse than Pearce

At least he tries and runs the ball

Moses was a total dog tonight

True but it was his first game, Pearce had several attempts and looked like he was a deer in the headlights just about every time.

Not defending Moses because I don’t think he is up to origin level yet, but expecting him to fill Cleary’s shoes in his first ever origin game was always a faint hope, especially with the equally ineffective Wighton as halves partner. It was a total mismatch in the 2 most key positions.

I think NSW did really well considering the weak 6 & 7 combo, such is the talent in the forwards and the back 5 - they very nearly pulled off the win despite them.

This guy is so overrated and shite. His kicking game is still the same as ever. Boring bombs that goes straight to the fullback or the winger. No variations to his game. Brooks robbed from that 7 jersey.

I don't understand that they also picked Wight when he's done absolutely NOTHING for his club. They should've put in Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds.

Members online

Back