Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

Can be both.

Can’t have people with little interest in the club or RL.

They don't exist in clubland.
The independents should be people who are at least interested in footy and the club if possible. The players on the board should be by Balmain and the Magpies. That’s it.

They probably went behind his back because the guy has the DT journos in a group chat lol.
Seriously if they went to him and told him , as if he wasn’t going to spend the last few months kicking rocks and bitching to the media about his stuff .
The riccio piece about the podcast boys was basically all but confirmed to have been leaked by Lee . It’s literally the same rhetoric .
IMO HBG did the right thing in snaking him the way they did . The right thing by wests tigers .
It rips the band aid off , blind sides him , he goes into his inevitable bitching phase , it lasts 24 hrs , Richo does a couple of interviews , and he’s yesterday’s hero by Friday .
For once this club was smart , and ruthless in the way they conducted thier business .
He even bitched about how the club tried to sure up finances for this coming season in case he pulled his money .
Like the fact he totally misses the point is hilarious . If the club didn’t think he was going to chuck the toys out of the cot , they would have given him a heads up . But they knew he was petulant . Hence all the skullduggery.
Lestronge, the 4 words that stood out for me in your post are : " this . . club . . was . . ruthless "

The independents should be people who are at least interested in footy and the club if possible. The players on the board should be by Balmain and the Magpies. That’s it.
They also need to have diverse backgrounds and be carefully screened and vetted, with the option for the owners to cull them quickly if required.

Otherwise, majority control in outsider hands can be dangerous.

Reactions: BZN
They also need to have diverse backgrounds and be carefully screened and vetted, with the option for the owners to cull them quickly if required.

Otherwise, majority control in outsider hands can be dangerous.
I’m sure the new selection process will take time. I doubt it’ll be in the next few weeks.

- Interim Board...

And (As I understood it) the Magpies rep is coming from the same place the others
they just sacked came from (And still are) - the HB Group / Board....

I'm hoping against it,
But I wouldn't be surprised to see then trot out a previous member...
(Only so many to choose from)
As I read it, the interim board will be Barry and the other 3 directors.

That's the way it's going to go.

Leichhardt conoisuers may be a tad disappointed with the direction the club takes post review.

Strategy wise our future lies in the south west.

No doubt.

The ole dinosaurs kept Jurassic Park alive.
Tony Andreacchio is the chairman of the Holman Barnes Group and the one making statements of how him and the other directors of Weststigers were so wonderful for stepping down .... yet it's the Holman Barnes Group with the REAL power.
Wouldn't be surprised if he puts himself forward as the Wests representative to the board.

Re the recruitment of Fulton, Lee is just one director. How do you know it wasn't the other directors taking that path? Lee was the only one who would front the cameras and back the board decision. It doesn't mean he made the decision.

I honestly don't see Lee as the problem here. He's only been there 3 years. He was just the most visible.
Unfortunately it was Lee and Pascoe who pursued Fulton, according to Lee and they asked great footy minds like ray hadley, but not sheens

So if Lee says to the Magpies "Boys we here at Brydens want to support the club with a million dollar donation?"
It would be seperate to having him on the Board. Can you really see that happening or working ?
His cards were marked, we want him to continue as a sponsor but he’s had his time on the board.
And failed !

Zero clue!!

The Board is not the legal entity that made the offer!!

The club can withdraw said offer under new management - but otherwise the offer still stands under basic contract law!
Ask Santa for a new sarcasm detector

• Haha
Lets not forget Tony Andreacchio and 3 others also relinquished they Board positions.

This is a total rebuild from the top -> down.

Credit to the Wests Tigers senior leadership
Did they relinquish positions on the HBG board? Are they ineligible to be appointed to the new board

Respect the fact that Lee H actually rocked up to SEN 1170.
He sponsors it and asks them to ask him what he has answers to and he can say what he wants.

I'm glad this guy is out. Why he had to disclose this much information is ridiculous and to bag people after they leave.

Headline hogger. Take your money and your sponsorship and bugger off.

Im not so sure.

Shane Richardson is the biggest WIN for the Wests tigers.

He is all class and would never approve "Tales from Tiger town"

I really hope he is here for a few years.

I just started my day earlier & caught up
with Richos presser. Filled me with confidence,
the man is sharp as a tack, perfect guy
to get this ball rolling. Might get a new
membership myself after 7 odd years and
being from the area. The way he was talking
about governance & supporting the coach
warmed the cockles. Great signing Richo

That's the way it's going to go.

Leichhardt conoisuers may be a tad disappointed with the direction the club takes post review.

Strategy wise our future lies in the south west.

No doubt.

The ole dinosaurs kept Jurassic Park alive.
The problem is, Cambo Stadium is a dive, no one ever turns up there and we always lose there.

Plus if you moved the entire operation out there long term it's a harder sell to get players to move out there, unless you kept all the training operations at Concord which is much closer to the city

Last edited:
All this wrist cutting over who will be the Wests rep on the board is laughable. Why not just wait and see who it is and then whinge if you disagree. From my understanding the Wests rep would come from the WSDRLFC not Holman Barnes - they have already placed Dave Gilbert on the board as their rep.

All this wrist cutting over who will be the Wests rep on the board is laughable. Why not just wait and see who it is and then whinge if you disagree. From my understanding the Wests rep would come from the WSDRLFC not Holman Barnes - they have already placed Dave Gilbert on the board as their rep.
I've only seen people throwing up potential names. No wrist cutting unless I've missed something.
Of course the rep. will be from the Magpies , that's not news.
Some people get Wests Ashfield confused with Wests football club, that's understandable.

Back