The Concussion Rule

BlackandGoldForever

Hey Potter let's take out Foram and Cherry Evans next week in the first 5 mins, that will leave them down to 15 men and their 2 best players out.

sounds like a good idea??? yep this concussion rule is really working.. the NRL have to do something about it. it's all well and good to say its for the players welfare and comparing it to the NFL. but the NFL have 53 man rosters they can replace a player easy… in NRL you can't look at Inglis last week, your pretty much no chance to win a game when one of your key men are knocked out for the rest of the game.

The one and only thing that favours a player that has been concussed during a game is that he cannot remember how badly his team played.

18th man rule needed if the NRL will force players to not return

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@alex said:

That has to be the only fair way to go. But will we see it this season?

@alex said:

I would actually have more subs on the bench but they must have played on the under 20s game and if they come on for a concussed player they player they come on for is gone for the game.

I think we should have a six player bench due to all of these concussions , and the extra two bench players can only be used if your player is concussed by foul play .
The amount if head knocks Tedesco has received in the last two weeks is alarming .
Maybe he should wear head gear ??

@hobbo2803 said:
I think we should have a six player bench due to all of these concussions , and the extra two bench players can only be used if your player is concussed by foul play .
The amount if head knocks Tedesco has received in the last two weeks is alarming .

Maybe he is just being targeted in every match?

Yeh game has changed. 18 man has to come in we no it's all crap but rules have to change doctors are to scared send player back in

Why do we only have a 4 man bench these days? What stops the NRL from having a 5 man, 8 man or 10 man bench? The squads these days are big enough to…

@Newtown said:
@hobbo2803 said:

Maybe he is just being targeted in every match?

Looked like he was being targeted during last week's match with all those high shots but the knee that knocked him out today was purely accidental….

@hobbo2803 said:

Clubs cant afford to have an extra two players hanging around doing nothing not playin, just in case

Probably not suitable a 20s player filling the 18th man role, and with Sate cup all over the place and not on at the same time as NRL sometimes its a problem

Then allow the extra players on the bench to be State Cup players who have just completed their match earlier on. That's the system that was used as recently as the late 70's.

I hope Potter takes up this issue with the NRL, we are one club doing the right thing but other teams seem to continue to to use their star players when they get hurt.

A reserve on the bench for concussion IS THE ONLY WAY THIS RULE MAKES SENSE.

@Newtown said:
Then allow the extra players on the bench to be State Cup players who have just completed their match earlier on. That's the system that was used as recently as the late 70's.

They sometimes play different days, different states

Is it that we are going by the book, to the letter of the law - with this rule, and other clubs arent?

Wouldnt surprise me

i will be interested to see if Glen Stewart plays next week as he was concussed and did'nt return. I think we need an 18th man sub rule same as AFL. Sub is named and the player subbed is out of the game.

The most annoying rule is the 7 tackles rule. This should only be if the ball goes dead as it was brought in to stop kickers taking dangerous fullbacks out of the game.

Several occasions today we were on the attack and IMO unfairly punished.

- Sweeping left to right side play off, Lulia was going for a try and carried over the in goal line. We were going for a try through the hands and the Warriors get 7 from the 20.
- Anasta going to score early on. Knocks on in goal. Warriors get 7 from the 20.
- Cross field kick for Nofa. Warriors take it on the full and get 7 from the 20.

In all of these situations, the other team getting a 20m head start is more than enough

Note; James Graham in tonight's game.

Tigers are playing under different rules.

Staff online

Members online

Back