The God and the Grub missed the bus

Golden

New South Wales duo Jarryd Hayne and Michael Ennis were reportedly forced to catch a cab to Suncorp Stadium after missing the team bus prior to the disastrous 34-6 loss to Queensland in Origin II.

It's not yet known why the two players missed the bus or why it took off without them.

Hayne and Ennis made it onto the field but were helpless to stop the Maroons running away with the game and a fifth straight series win.

The highly embarrassing incident caps the worst build-up to a game in Origin's 30-year history.

It’s been one debacle after another since the Blues entered camp 10 days ago.

Mystery and confusion over the make-up of the 17-man squad was followed by swipes at Queensland over its selection of AFL defector Israel Folau.

Then came the Andrew Johns racial slurs controversy which led to Timana Tahu walking out on the team.

NSW officials have launched an investigation into the missed bus affair, while Blues coach Craig Bellamy must now somehow pick up the pieces ahead of the dead rubber series finale in three weeks.

–----------------

now this is funny

Ennis was probably doing some 'favours' to ensure he retains his spot for game III.

Taxi driver should have not taken them to the ground. Might have played well then.

Hi everyone

:smiley: :smiley:

Glad they are launching an investigation into the missed bus affair.

Maybe the players knew what was going to happen…...

Tigergran

Is Bellamy the coach or the coach driver?

at the moment rugby league is an embarrassment to professional sport.
people talk about the money the game should be making but fail to understand how inept the people involved in the sport are.
players,coaches and administrators take one step forward and two back every week,while the value of the product stagnates.

the once mighty pinnacle of the sport has been dead to me for a number of years.
i will always have passion for the wests tigers till the day i die.
but origin has lost it's luster for me and the league better wake up to itself or alot more will feel the same.
origin has taken the fans for granted and the nsw selectors have treated the public like morons.

they should just call rugby league "the footy show".
same standard at the moment.

Maybe his team mates wanted him to miss the bus. Then Kaptain Kurt could take his pick of either fullback or hooker. The Blues are visionaries

What a bunch of imbeciles. They are meant to be representing our state but they are embarrassing us on and off the field. QLD are laughing at us and I don't blame them.

Members online

Back