The hooking of Fifita.

hadds75

What a joke that was. It clearly shows the favouritism that Sheens has in this side.

Yes it was an irresponsible drop but why not hook the other 10 who dropped the ball all night, or your mate Gibbs who threw a ridiculous pass a minute later, or Fitzhenrys poor drop or Ayshfords hands all night.

I agree. I was blowing up at Sheens. We had no attack and we needed to snatch that game and Fafita should have been left on as he can create things. Lucky we got the win.

i think it was an over-reaction by wally lewis…galloway was warming up before then...just a mere coincidence

I honestly thought he was having a go. He made some strong runs in the 5 mins before that mistake. He was going forward when no one else was.
If every player was taken off for making a mistake tonight we would lose the competition points as we would have made 137 replacements.

I agree to a point. There were heaps of other incidents where players should have been hooked and having a go at Fifitia who was putting in wasn't really fair.

In saying that as a team we have to minimise our errors and Sheens should do that more often.

He was the only one bending their line back and the only forward who looked like doing anything. Terrible decision to hook him.

Old Sheensy looked under pressure tonight.. at least Fifita when foward

It was the beat hit up of the night by one of our forwards. Sheens clearly screamed 'get him off!'

can't believe fitzhenry has never been hooked…

@tiger05 said:
I agree to a point. There were heaps of other incidents where players should have been hooked and having a go at Fifitia who was putting in wasn't really fair.

In saying that as a team we have to minimise our errors and Sheens should do that more often.

That and Ketth was warming up on the sideline…..

Totally agree Sheens is a dead set joke. Gibbs was pathetic in attack (as always) Fitzhenry how many times did he drop the ball, not contest the ball, knock on run around in circles so frustrating. But I think that shows how inept this team is that a player gets his hand on the ball so much, where are the rest of the players leading from the front??

What I want to know was did we have a game plan tonight? Certianly didnt look like it please please please SACK SHEENS!!! Buy a halfback and run a broom through our whole football department.

Can you believe Tigers won, ive never been more angry after a win!!

Whilst I think we can all agree that the blowup at Fafita was an error, it was the time period in the game that made Sheens react more than anything else.

I'm sure Sheens will have a good nights sleep and review the evidence with a cool head, and then apologise to Fifita for the TV footage that obviously showed Sheens at his stressed worse. (that's what I would do)

IF that was the reason that Fifita got hooked then yes it was an overreaction. I thought he was quite good tonight and once again added that impact and aggression of the bench. Hope hes there next week because he is great impact.

again i think you guys are over looking the fact that galloway was warming up on the side line holding the number 10 card before that error occured….. if any forward deserved hooking tonight it was gibbs

Can someone please show these forwards how to offload instead of just ambleing up takeing the tackel and falling down one out bash and barge went a long time ago

The Fifita issue didn't look good on TV and I'm sure we have not heard the end of it. Sheens is probably blowing up because who does he throw on? They all had shockers. All as bad as each other. Put yourself in his shoes. What do you do? Once again carrying too many injuries into the game and wet weather does not suit our style (nor the grass left long deliberately). It looked like the timing was completely out.

in all fairness it showed where he is…... fifita has mistakes in his games... as did galloway did back in 06 and 07, in close games you need the blokes on you trust....
in 2 yrs time fifita will be our best prop, untill then we have to be patient with his development

@tiger jim said:
Can someone please show these forwards how to offload instead of just ambleing up takeing the tackel and falling down one out bash and barge went a long time ago

Thats a halfbacks job…we dont have one

Back