The importance of this game cannot be overstated

liltiger

This IMO is the most important game in the cline recent history after sheens being let go. We are at the half way point of the season but mor importantly Jason Taylor's tenure, who by all accounts has the boards backing and is who the board have put their faith in to turn the club around. I have been hypercritical of Taylor I'm still not sold on him, but were travelling away to play the form team of the comp obviously state of origin round aside, if we are competitive then I'm prepared to let my criticism of JT be put to bed because he might be on to something. But if we get touched up as the tigers of old would more than likely have then it's time for the board to admit that JT isn't the man for the job cause nothings changed. There is a lot more riding on this game than a spot in the eight for this year IMO this is a huge game for the club it's our JT watershed moment.

Seem like every game is crucial/critical/important on here

I think you have way too much hinging on one result, look at the bigger picture

Edit: If the halfway point is your yardstick, then Rd 12, the Broncos game is your point

This game is no more or less important than any other game. It's important that we continue to play tough, as we have over the last month and if we do that, we'll be competitive. Will we win? I don't know but we need to put ourselves in with the best chance of winning with solid, organised defence,a high completion rate and our attack flowing off the back of that. It still may not be enough; many have tried and failed.

It has to be remembered that we are playing one of the competition heavyweights on their home turf and all teams find it difficult to win down there especially when the home side are at full strength, so the proposition that this is a watershed moment for the club and JT is just arrant nonsense

"This game will decide the fate of the universe."

There, I think that manages to overstate it!

@sideline eye said:
This game is no more or less important than any other game. It's important that we continue to play tough, as we have over the last month and if we do that, we'll be competitive. Will we win? I don't know but we need to put ourselves in with the best chance of winning with solid, organised defence,a high completion rate and our attack flowing off the back of that. It still may not be enough; many have tried and failed.

It has to be remembered that we are playing one of the competition heavyweights on their home turf and all teams find it difficult to win down there especially when the home side are at full strength, so the proposition that this is a watershed moment for the club and JT is just arrant nonsense

Agree,it can be very difficult to win down there as many good teams have been defeated while playing their best…if our team can be competative, keep playing as well as they have and keep showing improvement with completion rate and ball handling, then I will be happy if they don't win but produce a gutsy effort..

It wouldn't rank in the top 50 as far as important games in our history as far as im concerned.

The week after against the Panthers is much more important, because its the teams around us we need to take points off. It's how we go against the Panthers, Dragons, Warriors, even the Bulldogs again that will make or break our season. Of course you its great to beat the top teams, and would make a big statement, but losing those games won't define our season.

It's a big game alright. Being played on the same day as my niece's 2nd birthday party. There'll be tears if we don't get the win!!

(Prob more so from the uncle & dad tho)

@GNR4LIFE said:
It wouldn't rank in the top 50 as far as important games in our history as far as im concerned.

The week after against the Panthers is much more important, because its the teams around us we need to take points off. It's how we go against the Panthers, Dragons, Warriors, even the Bulldogs again that will make or break our season. Of course you its great to beat the top teams, and would make a big statement, but losing those games won't define our season.

mate, 'the importance of this game cannot be overstated'

its bigger than a grand final and 3 origins combined

:laughing: :laughing:

Melbourne do not play the power game so there will be no touch up. What Melbourne do better than most teams is complete their sets and get a good kick in. So they usually get more than 50% of the ball. Anyway I think we are a chance, a week off and we both have a couple players backing up, so it should be pretty close.

As for a season defining game,no realistically I can not see us making the eight,losses to the Knights and the Chooks stuffed our season

It's a good test - I'm sure JT will say exactly that in his presser later in the week.
We've won four from 6, but had a couple of really poor performances in and around those wins. A strong performance - even if it results in a loss - should give us a lot of confidence for the run in.
I mentioned the other week that we've been awful after a week off (be it a bye or ANZAC test) since JT took over, so I'm hoping to break that trend first and foremost.

@greatodensraven said:
It's a big game alright. Being played on the same day as my niece's 2nd birthday party. There'll be tears if we don't get the win!!

(Prob more so from the uncle & dad tho)

It's a must win game then. :wink:

I wonder whether the AAMI field will be any better than the atrocious condition it was during last Saturday's rugby test. If not the match should be transferred to Campbelltown.

@Newtown said:
I wonder whether the AAMI field will be any better than the atrocious condition it was during last Saturday's rugby test. If not the match should be transferred to Campbelltown.

Have been to all the rebels game this year and this problem has been ongoing since their first home game.
Obviously it's too much to rip up the turf and start again.
League scrums are non events usually, so won't be a problem.

A win wouldn't go astray , but it won't be the end of the world if we don't

Ask a few forum members though and Taylor's head should be left on a stake on the Victorian border if we lose

@foreverbalmain said:
@Newtown said:

Have been to all the rebels game this year and this problem has been ongoing since their first home game.
Obviously it's too much to rip up the turf and start again.
League scrums are non events usually, so won't be a problem.

If your a Rebels fan as well as a Tiger…you'll Soon be back to supporting Koro..
great player to have on the wing

Latest posts

Back