The Melbourne Cup

Story of my Melbourne Cup:

I backed a horse last week at ten to one.
It came in at quarter past four.

I should have got it from the horse's mouth:

1667712005819.png

Story of my Melbourne Cup:

I backed a horse last week at ten to one.
It came in at quarter past four.

I should have got it from the horse's mouth:

View attachment 3146
Hilarious.
That sounds like when my ex used to say to me "what time will you be home from the pub?"
I'd say "¼ past"
That way if I stumbled in at 2am in the morning I could say I came home early. 😉

Gold Trip's win makes it eleven wins with the number 1 saddlecloth which puts the winning number in third spot behind number 4 with 12 wins and number 12 with 11.
Well it's run and won. It's a great event for Australian Horse Racing industry and I hope our forum members did ok.
See you next year. 🐎🐎

My horse Mister Hemsworth making his Australian debut at Scone on Friday 9th December, race 2
Coming off a good trial at Canterbury think it is a pretty good eqchway chance

Good luck JT , I will have something on it and watch with interest.👌
Mister Hemsworth ran a good 4th in the trial behind Group horse Eleven Eleven. Trainer seems pretty confident and we elected to go with Scone rather than Kembla Grange

Mister Hemsworth ran a good 4th in the trial behind Group horse Eleven Eleven. Trainer seems pretty confident and we elected to go with Scone rather than Kembla Grange
That’s certainly sounds like a solid trial. What’s that old saying about keeping yourself in the best company and your horse in the lowest 🤣

I just noticed Eleven Eleven topweight in the Razor Sharp on Saturday.
Can go well with a freshen up.
yeah think so I used to have a horse with Hickman and was chatting to him after the trial and he was pretty happy with Eleven Eleven

On my potential bets list but will fully worry about that after the last today !
Ahh, I love Wednesdays and Saturdays !
they are good mate.
I used to own a share in fuhryk she was a pretty decent horse 750k in prize money had a good time, never had anything remotely as good.

With Mister Hemsworth when he first came over Annabelle Neasham was speaking pretty highly of him, he beat Zaki in some gallops and then he hurt his leg. I think even though it is an owner talking if it turns out even half as good as what she thinks it will win a few races.

just the way i bet,. Join ladbrokes, they sometimes offer 100% match your bets in bonus bets, sometimes only 50%. So deposit $50, and you $75 to bet with. Normally races 1 to 4 in Melbourne and Sydney you get a bonus bet if your horse runs second or third'. Place 5x $10 bets straight out on these races at 4to 1 and to 8to 1. Sportsbet has the best tipster. If you get 1 winner you are even. You will normally then get 2 bonus bets out of your bets for running a place. That gives you $45 = 4X $10 bets, and 1x$5 bet.---no e/w. I have only lost twice in 2 years. But don't bet unless they offer free bonus bets. It's a mugs game, following form, horses are set for certain races, jockeys pull them up, and horses,like humans have bad days, distances , tracks, etc bookies get rich. But for $50 you can have a great day , just don't listen to mates tips!

Last edited:
they are good mate.
I used to own a share in fuhryk she was a pretty decent horse 750k in prize money had a good time, never had anything remotely as good.

With Mister Hemsworth when he first came over Annabelle Neasham was speaking pretty highly of him, he beat Zaki in some gallops and then he hurt his leg. I think even though it is an owner talking if it turns out even half as good as what she thinks it will win a few races.
I see it’s scratched, assuming they’re waiting for another day and it’s not injured.

Back