The Ref's

clokan

It’s easy, and maybe true to say that we just weren’t good enough to win on Sunday, but I’m pretty unhappy that we didn’t get an opportunity either.

There were a number of decisions during the game that together robbed our guys of the opportunity to compete. The following come to mind:

* Penalty against Nofa, apparently not held and played the ball. Seen that happen numerous times over the last few years, not once penalised

* The clear shoulder charge on Brooks when he took the quick tap, which went unpunished

* The Sharks first try which I believe should have been ruled a shepherd

* The dis-allowed Tigers try, pulled up as a shepherd but no defender was impeded

There was also the incident where the sharks player touched the ball when he was out, I though it would have only been a Shark’s feed if he touched the ball on the full. Maybe I’m wrong, none of the commentators said anything.

Can never be sure of the outcome had the ref’s made the right calls, but frankly I'm sick of the team not having equal opportunity to win.

Nikora earning a penalty for raising a knee when he ran at Brooks still upsets me.

For yeas now the Tigers always end up on the wrong side of the “ rub of the green “...both on and off the field....sad fact against our club...

@tigerap the refs disadvantaged the West tigers in the way they controlled the game. Whatever momentum build up has been destroyed. Instead of the refs being fair, the perception of the fans are they are against us.

There was a simple message given to the refs... don’t let the crowd dictate your decisions... they went overboard.

@clokan said in [The Ref's](/post/1061314) said:
It’s easy, and maybe true to say that we just weren’t good enough to win on Sunday, but I’m pretty unhappy that we didn’t get an opportunity either.

There were a number of decisions during the game that together robbed our guys of the opportunity to compete. The following come to mind:

* Penalty against Nofa, apparently not held and played the ball. Seen that happen numerous times over the last few years, not once penalised

* The clear shoulder charge on Brooks when he took the quick tap, which went unpunished

* The dis-allowed Tigers try, pulled up as a shepherd but no defender was impeded

There was also the incident where the sharks player touched the ball when he was out, I though it would have only been a Shark’s feed if he touched the ball on the full. Maybe I’m wrong, none of the commentators said anything.

Can never be sure of the outcome had the ref’s made the right calls, but frankly I'm sick of the team not having equal opportunity to win.

Yeah, could someone explain why it was a shark's feed when the player touched the ball after a bounce inside.

@tigerbill said in [The Ref's](/post/1061351) said:
@clokan said in [The Ref's](/post/1061314) said:

Yeah, could someone explain why it was a shark's feed when the player touched the ball after a bounce inside.

If the ball is still moving, you can put one foot out of play, touch the ball, then receive the scrum feed in your favour. It has happened quite a bit this year. Blake Ferguson, in particular, has taken advantage of the rule a number of times to stop 40/20s. It doesn't apply if your foot is dead in goal (your team will have to take a goal-line drop out in that instance).

I'm choosing not to bag the refs. There were calls that went both ways and believe we just werent good enough in the end. Bagging refs and blaming them for a loss is something that goes with being a doggies or rabbitohs supporter.

We were in the game big time at half time. Than on the back of some terrible calls coupled with some dumb errors the Sharks got a roll on and dominated possession for 20 minutes. All our momentum went out the window, just used to much petrol in that 20 minute window.

Not saying we would have won, but all the pressure was taken off the Sharks so who knows. Cummins is a terrible ref has zero feel for the game and tends to ride one team every week

Those obstruction calls against us made me so mad. Can't remember the details exactly, but I think it was Gallen who had every chance to tackle Nofa, then waited for him to be slightly behind another player before trying. It was clear milking and the refs were only too happy to oblige.

Then Brooks had a Sharks player standing straight in front of him in the line for their first try, but for some reason they said he made the choice. What other choice did he have???

I'd love to sit down with an NRL ref and have them explain how obstruction calls are decided. I just can't figure it out...

what was it with ronaldo putting the foot on the line and then touching the ball? THE BALL BOUNCED! he didn't touch it on the full, Am i going insane?

that was the dumbest call of all time

What do we have to do to get a fair go moving forward? Serious question. Do we need our chairman and CEO to be more influential with the powerbrokers at NRL? Is that the way to do it?

There's no way that the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Rabbits would put up with this. If they had a fraction of the bad calls we have had, they would be holding informal chats with Todd and Annesley and co, and issuing please explain notices to ensure it did not happen again. And it wouldn't.

Do we need more TPAs, some big business behind us, and it's through them noise made is heard?

Souths turned it around, so can we. And we will be also-rans and the NRLs punching bag until we find the way to fix this.

@tig_prmz I'm still confused about that call. What rule is that? The ball bounced and then he put his foot on the line and made contact with it. What is the difference in result if he just let the ball go out on it's own and him making contact with it as it went out?

@hobbo1 said in [The Ref's](/post/1061418) said:
The NRL would have to be the WORST officiated sport on the planet ...

Boxing would be a close 2nd

Someone should check Cummins bank account after Sundays performance!

WWE :joy:

still less rigged than NRL :joy:

Just once I want to see someone from the tigers Pascoe or Madge stand up and say the referring was rubbish.

I want them to jump up and down and get an official apology from the NRL. Hell I will contribute to the fine, I have paid enough every season in memberships to a team that can’t make the finals that I have earned at least one occasion where we publicly berate the refs.

Not even getting a penalty for a blatant shoulder charge is about as bad as it gets.

Above is a tad tounge in cheek but just once I do want the club to comment. Like a Toovey or sticky would, just once.

@WT2K said in [The Ref's](/post/1061421) said:

Someone should check Cummins bank account after Sundays performance!

What ? me is when people say we’d have lost anyway ...
But when we’re constantly shafted by the officials , the garbage calls are MASSIVE momentum changes in the games .

@TCL said in [The Ref's](/post/1061431) said:
Just once I want to see someone from the tigers Pascoe or Madge stand up and say the referring was rubbish.

I want them to jump up and down and get an official apology from the NRL. Hell I will contribute to the fine, I have paid enough every season in memberships to a team that can’t make the finals that I have earned at least one occasion where we publicly berate the refs.

Not even getting a penalty for a blatant shoulder charge is about as bad as it gets.

Above is a tad tounge in cheek but just once I do want the club to comment. Like a Toovey or sticky would, just once.

![8e23b064e035397c06c0f283014539a8.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1568105036888-8e23b064e035397c06c0f283014539a8.jpg)

even when we were in the game, the Sharks looked better than us. They ran harder, looked more dangerous with the ball and better pressure in defence. Yeah we had some dud calls against us, including the first penalty for a voluntary tackle in the modern NRL era (history made by Tigers again), but bottom line is they were better than us. They played like a team who wanted to make the finals, we played like a team who played their final the week before.

Back