The Wests Tigers Lament Thread

maybe another 20 years when all the balmain and Magpies fans are long gone perhaps we can be called Tigers on the nrl ladder and perhaps have unity
I just don't understand why Magpie fans get upset when we are called the Tigers and why Balmain fans get upset when someone calls us Wests ...we know who we are ......the 2022 wooden spooners

But being serious ...why do fans lose it when we get called Wests or the Tigers ......as a commentator you can't spit the words out fast enough to keep up with the play and the game ...no wonder why they don't call us as the Wests Tigers ...easier to say supercalafragilisticespelladochus

Give me some reasons why I should lead the revolution with the torches and pitchforks ....

I wouldn't say there was zero financial gain for Wests Ashfield, Wests Ashfield agreed to take over funding of Balmain jnrs and give Balmain representation on the board as part of the Amalgamation of the Wests Ashfield and Balmain Leagues. In this amalgamation Wests Ashfield got control of Balmain Leagues which is now part of Wests Ashfield, this will include ownership and control of any Leagues club on the Rozelle site.

I am not saying that Wests Ashfield didn't save Balmain, but to say there was no gain for Wests Ashfield is not correct.
nice if it might be branded Wests Tigers if they ever built something at Rozelle, you know show "unity" as one club

Do you think it s the fans that have asked for that? Or the club? I generally only call us the tigers. I think it's the club that holds these things as important.
For a long time, I made sure I referred to the club as the Wests Tigers whenever I spoke about them, I realised though that is a very immature way to look at it. We are Wests Tigers, but we are also Wests and the Tigers, so I have no problem with how anyone chooses to refer to the club.

For a long time, I made sure I referred to the club as the Wests Tigers whenever I spoke about them, I realised though that is a very immature way to look at it. We are Wests Tigers, but we are also Wests and the Tigers, so I have no problem with how anyone chooses to refer to the club.
You know the inside of the club. Do they push this sort off thing? Are they the reason we are Wests tigers on the NRL ladder? I didn't even realise this till this morning, I've fallen out of the habit of looking at the ladder.

You know the inside of the club. Do they push this sort off thing? Are they the reason we are Wests tigers on the NRL ladder? I didn't even realise this till this morning, I've fallen out of the habit of looking at the ladder.
I would think so, every time we get called the Tigers, even when it is out of our control, the phones run hot at Concord. I would think it is simpler for them to request the NRL and media to use Wests Tigers.

Marina Go lol what a great job she did at wests tigers involved in appointing Taylor lol Also doing a fantastic job at Netball Australia lol
Have to say she is good at leaving behind a mess. Dont think we will see her involved with sports administration in the near future.

"Failure is not the opposite of success, it is part of success.

"We will be back next season; another year older, another year bigger, another year more experienced, and another step better prepared.

See you all in 2023"

Taken from Swans coach John Longmire could quite easily apply to WT'S
Except that was said from the position of failing in a Grand Final.... NOT being the worst team in the fricking comp!!

I would think so, every time we get called the Tigers, even when it is out of our control, the phones run hot at Concord. I would think it is simpler for them to request the NRL and media to use Wests Tigers.
Aren’t we technically the WestsTigers Tigers. As in the name is in reference to the JV of the two clubs and not the mascot of the team?

I think what people forget because they get embroiled with the old Magpies ,Balmain issue is that the TIGERS brand is enormous and it is highly prized in the sports faculties..
I dont care if they call us WESTS or TIGERS...for all of us that are fair dinkum fans,supporters or members know our history and embrace the unification of both foundation clubs....simple really...

Back