Thrashed Wests Tigers vow to bounce back

Zaibatsu

<big>**Thrashed Wests Tigers vow to bounce back**</big>
>
The Wests Tigers apologised to fans and forebears after a humiliating 50-10 NRL heritage round thrashing by South Sydney at the SCG on Sunday.
>
The Tigers' season began full of promise when they won four of their first five games but that start is now in tatters after four straight losses, the latest by a record margin to the Rabbitohs.
>
Tim Sheens' side have slipped out of the eight after an insipid performance against Souths, who out-enthused the woeful Tigers, and captain Robbie Farah said he couldn't recall a worse performance in his time at the club.
>
"As a playing group we're pretty embarrassed," Farah said.
>
"As captain I'd like to apologise on behalf of the players to the fans, to the players in the past that have put this jersey on.
>
"It's pretty embarrassing but in saying that we'll stick together as a group and we'll work hard.
>
"We'll bounce back, it's still early."
>
Sheens, who recently extended his contract at the club for another year, joined his skipper in saying sorry to Tigers fans, who are still waiting for another finals appearance after the fairytale 2005 premiership.
>
"We're all putting our hands up, me included - coaching staff, playing staff - we owe the club better than that," Sheens said.
>
"There's been some distractions with me being away and some of the boys playing rep footy too, there have been some issues with injury, but we're not here to offer any excuses.
>
"The players and I have just had a long discussion about it and so this week can't come quick enough."
>
A rare shocker from superstar five-eighth Benji Marshall compounded the Tigers' woes but Sheens said little more could have been expected from the Kiwi captain.
>
"He's been a bit disappointed in his performances and therefore had tried to limit issues in his game, no flick passes and things like that," the coach said.
>
"You look at our go-forward and stopping their go-forward.
>
"You can't ask your outside people to win you the game if you're not winning it in the middle." Elsewhere, refereeing controversies dominated round 10, with coaches demanding improvements from whistle-blowers.
>
Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith, who was on the end of some revenge from former club Newcastle in a 34-18 loss on Saturday, said reverting to a dominant referee had not worked.
>
Victorious Warriors coach Ivan Cleary, whose side snapped a three-match losing streak in a 24-12 win over North Queensland, and his Cowboys opposite Neil Henry questioned the performance of English referee Ashley Klein before Cronulla's Ricky Stuart joined the chorus after his side was whacked 34-14 by Penrith on Sunday.
>
"I know I have been treated with disrespect and that is what is happening with the interpretations of our game," Stuart said.
>
"We ain't getting the calls. Sometimes I just feel it is easier for the Sharks not to get it because they are not meant to win.
>
"Ten thousand people can't be wrong, we can get a penalty on a 50-50."
>
St George Illawarra took sole ownership of the ladder lead once again with Friday's 19-6 win over Canterbury, with the Panthers moving to second on points differential.
>
Brisbane continued their recent resurgence with a 28-6 thrashing of third-placed Gold Coast on Friday night, with centre Israel Folau starring.
>
Buoyed by their independent directors launching court action against the NRL's penalties for rorting the salary cap, Melbourne downed Canberra 17-6 as Raiders fans booed them and held money out towards the Storm players.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58680/thrashed-wests-tigers-vow-to-bounce-back/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lulz… Will believe it when I see it...

distractions? the rep duties were last weekend, we had a bye, shouldn't have been any distractions for today….. that's just garbage.

The Tunnel nightclub re-opened last week
I hear many were torn between attending there or Sapphire
It played on their minds all week

They say they're not here to offer any excuses but they are. Today was one of the darkest days since 05 and it's going to take a miracle now to turn that all around. I'll believe it when I see it, Robbie.
The Knights must be licking their lips atm.

@crouching_tiger said:
They've said sorry. I'm cool with it. Forgive and forget. Move on.

Unleashing all hell and registering 50 in our score column next week is the only apology I will accept.

well next week will tell the tale.
i see two things happening:

- we hammer the knights in a hugely attacking display (and charge up the ladder) Odds: $3.85
- knights beat us convincingly and we slide to 15th spot Odds: $1.35

Talk is cheap. The players and coaching staff need to stop talking and start doing. A team is measured by it's success on and off the field. Unfortunately Wests Tigers only tick one of these boxes.

This is what footy is all about. Sticking by the boys through the tough times. With the poor performance they gave their supporters today, they also give the fans as much great efforts.
I'm sure all the boys will be feeling the wrath at the Hall of Fame Dinner this Wednesday and give it their all to try and turn things around for next weekend.
But when the players get inundated with gratitude and praise for their good performances, they must also accept they will cop this type of reaction for displays such as today.
They captain and coach have apologised, there is not much more they can do but to put in a greater effort and never have to go down this path again in their careers.

@Adrian said:
fuuuuuu

![](http://duckbar.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/6d/6d016de7316f0a31a7fe00246a244e9a633bc9e0.gif)

Sums up everyones feelings perfectly. :master:

in 2004 didnt they say the same thing only to be beaten a week later 56=0?

Makes me sick that we rolled over and let Sheens and his clown assistant coach the Australian side.

I thought it was borish that he had the hide to accept the gig at the time given the failure at WT he had presided over. Now he is telling us there were distractions with him being away for the week. Not good enough. We have rolled out the red carpet for this coach, with extension on extension and then he has the hide to swan off coaching the Aussie team, taking his clown side kick with him when both have failed to produce the good in each of the last 5 seasons to their employers.

The quicker they are both out of here the better.

Robbie trots out the same line after every bad loss. Hopefully now he's missed out on Origin he can concentrate on being our captain and actually lead us.

@crouching_tiger said:
they've said sorry. I'm cool with it. Forgive and forget. Move on.

\
\
"im cool with it forgive and forget".you sound like a player there was nothing cool or forgiveable yesterday.perhaps the players should stop trying to be so cool in night clubs and tv shows and pull there finger out and look "proud'' in the black and white jersey.

They are kidding …... all talk, if they were half as good as they think we are, we may be able to nearly compete with some of these other sides, you need heart to play at this level, wests tigers want to have a real good look at themselves and ask do they really want to be there at the top level .......

I don't think a loss like that will be forgotten too easily. As someone pointed out - talk is cheap we need to see results. Appreciate the 'sorry' but really that is just pleasantries, we want action.

Latest posts

Back