Thurston at the press conference.

Jazza

Not sure if anyone has seen it but geez…. Thurston almost crying :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He could barely say a word and the coach had to answer the questions for him.

Very close to blubbering like Kevin Rudd.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27324726-5018866,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's very passionate but he needs to harden up lol.

Actually feel really sorry for him. He tries so hard week and week out but his team never wins games. If he had been in a top team over the past 5 years he wouldve had multiple premierships.

He's plenty hard enough mate….just staring down the barrel of another failed year...must be soul destroying. Especially when you give it everything.

I guess I should rephrase what I initially said.

He is hard and tough but at the same time I think he needs to put things in perspective as well.

He must be gutted, he'd kick that penalty goal 999 times out of 1000\. He's a guy who gives it his all every time he laces on a boot no matter who he plays for. Felt sorry for the guy, he deserves better than he gets at the cowboys.

i'm waiting for Golden to see this thread and come in here sprouting his rubbish which when it regards JT is usually 180 degrees the wrong direction…..

Why did he resign…....he could have his pick of clubs........

Soul destroying.....he's adeqautely compensated.....

@benjibrotown said:
Actually feel really sorry for him. He tries so hard week and week out but his team never wins games. If he had been in a top team over the past 5 years he wouldve had multiple premierships.

Yeah it's crushing, you gotta feel for him.

Should have changed clubs, could have been our marquee player for 2011 :wink:

@hammertime said:
If he also didn't ask for so much money, he could have had a decent team around him…

I'll second that. His salary has hamstrung the team so he is the main decent player there, meaning he has to shoulder such a huge burden. The salary cap is a very tricky balancing act…

@hammertime said:
If he also didn't ask for so much money, he could have had a decent team around him…

I was thinking the same thing.

Back