Thurstons season over?

Tigerdale

i heard a rumour last week, that if the cowboys got dusted on monday night against parramatta, thurston will get season ending surgery to fix his dodgy shoulder.

i guess we will know more in the coming days, but we may be playing a thurston-less cowboys

@Tigerdale said:
i heard a rumour last week, that if the cowboys got dusted on monday night against parramatta, thurston will get season ending surgery to fix his dodgy shoulder.

i guess we will know more in the coming days, but we may be playing a thurston-less cowboys

no point risking futher injury if theres nothing to play for.

@Tigerdale said:

I hope so!

@Tigermac said:
@Golden said:
its better that he plays the cowgirls play better without him

Stop it, are you serious ????

did they not flog the rooters without him?? did they not play better against us in the 2nd half??

Thurston is a myth nothing but a overrated hack.. and only plays good for QLD with all those stars around him good players take their team to the finals every year (Andrew Johns) not bottom 4 every year, Thurston is the cowgirls problem because he thinks hes bigger then the game with his ego and going off his head out on the field

@Golden said:
@Tigermac said:
@Golden said:

did they not flog the rooters without him?? did they not play better against us in the 2nd half??

Thurston is a myth nothing but a overrated hack.. and only plays good for QLD with all those stars around him good players take their team to the finals every year (Andrew Johns) not bottom 4 every year, Thurston is the cowgirls problem because he thinks hes bigger then the game with his ego and going off his head out on the field

I totally agree that Cowgirls play better without Thurston this year.

I don't agree with your "Thurston is a myth theory",

I think when he plays the rest of the team sits back and waits for Thurston to do something special.

When he's not playing they know they have to perform as a team.

Golden hates JT….and for no good reason other than blind jealousy.

Thurston may carry on too much sometimes in the heat of the battle but so did Goldens poster boy Johns. Off the field Thurston promotes the game and always has time for fans. Johns brings ridicule to the game.

On the field JT was every bit as good as Johns. Played in two consecutive GF's, won the Dally M player of the year twice, led Cowboys to within a whisker of a third GF in 2007, Has been absolutely dominant for 5 years now as the Queensland and Australian halfback....

Oh yeah and he is only 27....still got a way to go yet.

Your a clown Golden - the blokes a legend.

@stryker said:

Thurston may carry on too much sometimes in the heat of the battle but so did Goldens poster boy Johns. Off the field Thurston promotes the game and always has time for fans. Johns brings ridicule to the game.

On the field JT was every bit as good as Johns. Played in two consecutive GF's, won the Dally M player of the year twice, led Cowboys to within a whisker of a third GF in 2007, Has been absolutely dominant for 5 years now as the Queensland and Australian halfback....

You had some good points until you tried to make out Thurston was a good representative off the field.

@tiger05 said:
@stryker said:

You had some good points until you tried to make out Thurston was a good representative off the field.

Yeah have to agree, he's great on the field but he's a total grub off it…

I could name a few of his team-mates that would have the same opinion...

lol at him being a good representative off the field.

bulldogs and coffs harbour anyone?

@Golden said:
@Tigermac said:
@Golden said:

Puh..lease? a Myth, Is there a batter half playing the game these days Golden? Would love to hear who you hold in higher esteem as a player? If Thurston played for us we would be title favourites.

I'd have a few halfbacks over thurston any day. He's good but not great.

what a load of rubbish Prince>Thurston Prince at least takes his teams to the finals wtih a team nowhere near as talented as the cowgirls

@Golden said:
what a load of rubbish Prince>Thurston Prince at least takes his teams to the finals wtih a team nowhere near as talented as the cowgirls

Prince like every other half in the comp is a turnstyle.
Thurston much like Johns is a great defender who is equally good in attack. I can't stand the bloke to be honest but fair dinkum…..making claims like that just looks stupid, he is the best halfback in the world by a long way. You really wouldn't have him here Golden?

@LukeH said:
I'd have a few halfbacks over thurston any day. He's good but not great.

Errrrrrr, like who?

No one gets close to Thurston. I don't care how good a player is, no one can carry an entire team - which is what the Cowboys are trying to make Thurston do.

@Tigerdale said:

According to a very reliable source, Thurston had nothing to do with that incident, and in regards to the other rumours flying around about other players wives, that is just that, a rumour. He is apparently a very loyal person.

*EDIT: But back on topic, it would be good to play the cows without him.

@funky_ap said:
@Tigerdale said:

According to a very reliable source, Thurston had nothing to do with that incident, and in regards to the other rumours flying around about other players wives, that is just that, a rumour. He is apparently a very loyal person.

*EDIT: But back on topic, it would be good to play the cows without him.

You've got your sources, I have mine and I've heard he's a player in more ways than one. But yeah if he's out and Grant Rovelli is their main playmaker they might as well not turn up.

Back