Tigers at War..

@stryker said:
@2041 said:
Manchester United won a European Cup with Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole up front together and literally not on speaking terms. The Gallagher brothers sold countless million albums while kicking seven bells out of each other night after night. I'd love to think all the players and coaches were best mates and hung out in each others' houses like some bulked up episode of Neighbours but, really, who cares? Is Farah going to stomp off to Parra-bloody-matta when closer to a premiership with his lifelong club than at any time for the last five years? is Sheens going to jack in a juicy new deal to go (where exactly?) because his hooker's an egomaniac? Get real.

Got a better one 2041…Mick Jagger and Keith Richards haven't spoken to each other off stage in 30 years!

What a load of crap this is...Robbie was lucky to tour in the first place and can thank Sheens for all of his Aussie jumpers thus far. He would have known he was there in case of injury to Smith and with Cronk being a better all rounder, a bench spot was unrealistic as well.

Beat up. nothing more.

And Joey Ramone didn't speak to Johnny Ramone for most of their career.

@Yossarian said:
@stryker said:
@2041 said:
Manchester United won a European Cup with Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole up front together and literally not on speaking terms. The Gallagher brothers sold countless million albums while kicking seven bells out of each other night after night. I'd love to think all the players and coaches were best mates and hung out in each others' houses like some bulked up episode of Neighbours but, really, who cares? Is Farah going to stomp off to Parra-bloody-matta when closer to a premiership with his lifelong club than at any time for the last five years? is Sheens going to jack in a juicy new deal to go (where exactly?) because his hooker's an egomaniac? Get real.

Got a better one 2041…Mick Jagger and Keith Richards haven't spoken to each other off stage in 30 years!

What a load of crap this is...Robbie was lucky to tour in the first place and can thank Sheens for all of his Aussie jumpers thus far. He would have known he was there in case of injury to Smith and with Cronk being a better all rounder, a bench spot was unrealistic as well.

Beat up. nothing more.

And Joey Ramone didn't speak to Johnny Ramone for most of their career.

Faith No More would get into full blown dust-ups before they walked out on stage, play their show without missing a beat, and then go out back and barney on again…

We all work with people we can't stand, doesn't mean you leave over it...

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Balmain Bug said:
Farah is the greatest hooker I have ever seen.

I love him.
\
\
As for the Fonz. Well, he has caused immense damage and instability to the Wests Tigers over the years. And it will continue for a long long time to come.
He is a disgrace.

I'm with you Bug… How dare Sheens come in, secure a maiden premiership and turn us into a competitive team who is in contention for the premiership! Heads must roll! :imp:

Of course, the club's supposed instability is being caused by one of the few stable things we've had over the past nine seasons.

The problem with this kind of story is that it's an easy marker for the Telegraph. If the Tigers don't go well this season they can roll out the internal conflict trope again (which will no doubt be swallowed whole by most people including, sadly, too many on this board) and act like they've actually broken a news story rather than just repeating/creating gossip. If we go well everyone will forget about it so no harm done from their point of view.

Personally I think there is always some friction, but it's never going to e an issue. Also, you can guarantee this is a beat up when the Telecrap refers to the 'brilliant Robbie Farah'.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

To all Forum users do yourself a favour and forever ban the telegragh

With all the respect in the world to you people on this forum but Robbie has not played up to his full potential for the past two seasons . As I sat and wated last year I told my friends he is playing as he is unhappy if it come down to it NO PLAYER is bigger then the club either get over it fast or move on . I wish I didn't have to wake up every morning and goto my shitty job . These guys have it so good and should be honored they get to do this every week
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Like some others have said, I am sure there is an element of truth here. When you deal with headstrong people who are super competitive, you can see an occasional flair up. Benji has said for years he and Sheens would have a blow up every so often, yet he still looks to him as a father figure.

This article blows things way out of proportion. I wouldn't be bothered if the club/Sheens/Farah never responded. Its trash from the DT.

@Furious1 said:
As much as i loathe the DT its hard to believe there is not some sort of truth to it. How accurate it is will only become apparent over time. Still it makes me think, isn't it time some of these boys "manned up" a bit. The time they have in the game is limited. The time they have to play with a strong roster is limited. Pull your heads out of your you know what and get on with doing what the club pays good money to you to do. I.e playing footy.

As for Farah not being picked against England, well we won, so i guess the coach ( who by the way would have been the only one sacked had Australia lost the 4 nations) made the right call. In fact, had it been any other coach in charge of the Roos, i doubt Farah would have been even considered to come off the bench.

x2

Sheens promised Farah a few times that he'd be playing in one of the earlier games (against England I think), only to backflip on it just before kick off. A number of players were in doubt, as was the case most of the tour, so the final team was a bit up in the air.

(Edit: Apparently) Robbie didn't take it too well and wouldn't talk to anyone after the game - he just sat in the corner playing with his iPad. He's always been hyper-competitive.The rest is a beat up… but what do you expect from the Tele?

@sober_siddhi said:
Sheens promised Farah a few times that he'd be playing in one of the earlier games (against England I think), only to backflip on it just before kick off. A number of players were in doubt, as was the case most of the tour, so the final team was a bit up in the air.

Robbie didn't take it too well and wouldn't talk to anyone after the game - he just sat in the corner playing with his iPad. He's always been hyper-competitive.The rest is a beat up… but what do you expect from the Tele?

And he sooks every year when he misses origin and it effects his form. Why is he our captain?

@smoking gun said:
Dont stress guys…. Farah or sheens won't be going anywhere. I'll tell u why it's an "exclusive" for the DT.... it's because it's made up. It's easy to have exclusives when it's fiction. I don't even know how they could call it an exclusive when there isn't one direct quote from a tigers player/management.

But anyway the story is false.

Don't think so. I heard this a couple of weeks ago when Farah left England to be with his mother, who was "ill". Farah was supposed to play as a reserve in the game against Wales I believe. Sheens picked Cronk and Farah left for Australia shortly thereafter. Coincidence? Maybe, but where there is smoke there is usually fire.

@magpiecol said:
@smoking gun said:
Dont stress guys…. Farah or sheens won't be going anywhere. I'll tell u why it's an "exclusive" for the DT.... it's because it's made up. It's easy to have exclusives when it's fiction. I don't even know how they could call it an exclusive when there isn't one direct quote from a tigers player/management.

Don't think so. I heard this a couple of weeks ago when Farah left England to be with his mother, who was "ill". Farah was supposed to play as a reserve in the game against Wales I believe. Sheens picked Cronk and Farah left for Australia shortly thereafter. Coincidence? Maybe, but where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Sheens has an unspoken policy of playing all players on tour. Farah would have played against Wales.

Also fairly sure Farah left camp way before Wales team was announced.

@magpiecol said:
@smoking gun said:

I'm going to give you negative rep for this and I wanted to tell you why so you're not in doubt: it's the expression "where there's smoke there's fire". It's that kind of "who cares about the facts - it sounds plausible" crap that allows rubbish like the sort the Telegraph prints to keep going. I come from a country where the filth pumped out by the tabloids has led to things like paediatricians getting their houses attacked so believe me when I say where there is smoke there is not always fire.

I could give you a thousand plausible scenarios that could have led to this Farah/Sheens story without it being remotely close to the truth as presented, yet here's you - with, so far as you've indicated, no actual facts of your own - buying into something that's no more than unsubstantiated rumour.

I try not to wish ill on fellow humans but when I hear the expression "where there's smoke there's fire" it does cross my mind to wonder how the person saying it would feel if they ever found themselves on the wrong end of the gutter press.

@magpiecol said:
@smoking gun said:

Oh yes, and you're also effectively accusing the captain of the club you supposedly support of - at the very least - exaggerating the extent of his mother's illness as part of a feud with the same club's coach. We don't need that sort of rubbish here, mate - not without facts. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

@stryker said:
@2041 said:

Beat up. nothing more.

If your a Metallica fan, watch the doco Some Kind Of Monster

Back