Tigers NRL Roster

G

graham46

MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE THAT PULL THE TIGERS PURSESTRINGS!!!!!

Out of the 27 rostered players in the tigers NRL side we have about ten, maybe more that cant get a look in….........

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW........why did we buy them

Tupou
Roqica
Mataka
schirnack x2
Woods
Fifita (second one)
Davis
Curran
Akeripa
Corby

Some of these guys look big enough to hold a mally bull out to p......
So are we paying them to play park football or what

Invest in talant i say, so if the selectors dont think these guys have any invest their $$$$ in some.

I'm with some others on this forum.................Where's FINCHY. I also read today that the bulldogs have secured Kris keating......They now will have probably the best 1/2 -5/8 combination in the NRL. Maybe the Tigers scouts should take some lessons from the bulldogs, bronco's and panthers.

Look at the Dragons team and they can still fit Gasnier in on a 4 year deal @ $1.5 mil..........So are some of our boys OVERPAID!!!!!

Well Tupou is lining up for his third game of the season this week, the signs look promising though and he's in Sheens plans for FG this season. Roqica is still only 18 and can play NYC again next season. He has talent and is slowly developing into a quality front rower, probably at least 2 years away from FG though. Mataka I feel sorry for because he can play, he runs good lines, has excellent pace and can tackle but I just don't know where he fits into Sheens plans. Both Schirnacks are out injured and have been for most of the season. Woods lasted 20 minutes in the NYC and that's the end of him for the season with his hamstring requiring an operation. David Fifita has not put in the hard work Andrew has off the field and his discipline has also been poor. He may have turned a corner over the last couple of weeks because he was excellent last weekend for Balmain and really had a go, so the jury is still out, but he's definitely got potential. I thought Davis may have been given a crack after being named 18th man a couple of times, Sheens was just teasing it would seem. Curran has playing well for Balmain but is a bit small to play in the backrow in FG, we already have Fulton and Flanagan taking up the lightweight forward spots. Akeripa spent a fair chunk of the season sitting on the sideline, although he's one bloke I'd like to see get a run in the centres, he's big, strong and has very good pace. Corby has been going well for Wests but Sheens seems adamant on playing a makeshift hooker in Farah's absence instead of a genuine hooker, Ryan Carr is also worth a mention as he's going well for Balmain.

You can't have a whole squad of first graders, it simply doesn't work like that.

Every club in the nrl has the Josh davis's, Willie mataka's, chris corbys etc on their books as players that may never play first grade but will hopefuly be able to step up to the task if they are needed for 3 or 4 games a season.

@willow said:
Well Tupou is lining up for his third game of the season this week, the signs look promising though and he's in Sheens plans for FG this season. Roqica is still only 18 and can play NYC again next season. He has talent and is slowly developing into a quality front rower, probably at least 2 years away from FG though. Mataka I feel sorry for because he can play, he runs good lines, has excellent pace and can tackle but I just don't know where he fits into Sheens plans. Both Schirnacks are out injured and have been for most of the season. Woods lasted 20 minutes in the NYC and that's the end of him for the season with his hamstring requiring an operation. David Fifita has not put in the hard work Andrew has off the field and his discipline has also been poor. He may have turned a corner over the last couple of weeks because he was excellent last weekend for Balmain and really had a go, so the jury is still out, but he's definitely got potential. I thought Davis may have been given a crack after being named 18th man a couple of times, Sheens was just teasing it would seem. Curran has playing well for Balmain but is a bit small to play in the backrow in FG, we already have Fulton and Flanagan taking up the lightweight forward spots. Akeripa spent a fair chunk of the season sitting on the sideline, although he's one bloke I'd like to see get a run in the centres, he's big, strong and has very good pace. Corby has been going well for Wests but Sheens seems adamant on playing a makeshift hooker in Farah's absence instead of a genuine hooker, Ryan Carr is also worth a mention as he's going well for Balmain.

Thanks for that Willow. Really informative work on some of the fringe players I read/hear about. Cheers. No confident young halfbacks hidden away there?

Keating and Hodkinson being best half and 5/8 combination in the league next year - Unlikely.

The former is a fringe first grader who in my opinion has not shown enough consistency to suggest that he will be one of the great playmakers. Whilst Hodkinson appears solid, he slid under the radar this year. Lets see how he goes second year around…..

I assume Lazarus has not been improving?

His early form was good then I havnt heard anything since Sheens shuffled him around our backline.

@fulleightyminutes said:
@willow said:

Thanks for that Willow. Really informative work on some of the fringe players I read/hear about. Cheers. No confident young halfbacks hidden away there?

Lazarus and Darren Nichols complement each other nicely for Balmain, Nichols I daresay arguably looks the better of the two at the moment and has developed well this season and is noticeably better than last season IMO. Lazarus needs some more bulk on him if he is to make it in FG IMO. Defensively he has some issues but if he gets through the rest of this season ok, then I reckon it's time for him to put on another 5kg or more if he can get enough protein and carbs into him and a good weights program.

i for one can't wait to see the "human wrecking ball" as he has been described in ACTION!

hopefully following this weeks game!

@fergiefurr said:
You can't have a whole squad of first graders, it simply doesn't work like that.

Every club in the nrl has the Josh davis's, Willie mataka's, chris corbys etc on their books as players that may never play first grade but will hopefuly be able to step up to the task if they are needed for 3 or 4 games a season.

Precisely!

For at least as long as I can remember first grade rugby league teams have drawn on a playing roster that had two lower playing grades. Originally it was reserve grade and third grade. Then third grade was replaced with an Under 23 year old comp. Now its State Cup and the Under 20s. Most of the lower two grades will play no more than a handful of first grade games. That's how the system works. No NRL team is going to have (ie afford) a side of 17 NRL stars plus a team of NRL standard first graders playing in the State Cup (unless they breach the salary cap rules). Equally NRL standard players who are unable to secure a regular first grade start will move to other NRL teams where they may or may not find their place in the sun (ie Gallant, McKinnon, Taumata).

IMO the premiss underlying this thread is misconceived. :imp:

Lets do what the panthers and dogs do hey? What? Like signing Daine Laurie and Dene Halatua?
If you think Keating is a quality half then you wouldnt understand any explanation from those who pull the purse strings at the club. I'm guessing you were one of those rueing the day Rangi Chase left.

@graham46 said:
MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE THAT PULL THE TIGERS PURSESTRINGS!!!!!

Out of the 27 rostered players in the tigers NRL side we have about ten, maybe more that cant get a look in….........

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW........why did we buy them

Tupou
Roqica
Mataka
schirnack x2
Woods
Fifita (second one)
Davis
Curran
Akeripa
Corby

Some of these guys look big enough to hold a mally bull out to p......
So are we paying them to play park football or what

Invest in talant i say, so if the selectors dont think these guys have any invest their $$$$ in some.

I'm with some others on this forum.................Where's FINCHY. I also read today that the bulldogs have secured Kris keating......They now will have probably the best 1/2 -5/8 combination in the NRL. Maybe the Tigers scouts should take some lessons from the bulldogs, bronco's and panthers.

Look at the Dragons team and they can still fit Gasnier in on a 4 year deal @ $1.5 mil..........So are some of our boys OVERPAID!!!!!

No they can't. They are letting 3 or 4 players go at the end of the season.

Staff online

Back