Tigers players getting suspended

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
back in the day it seemed like it was every second week that Darren Senter or someone like that would be sitting on the sidelines

Since sheens came on board we'd be lucky to have had a handful of players suspended.

from memory, i can recall Ben Galea getting a couple of weeks, Payten got a few too and didn't skando get one week '06?

anyway, my point is that this is a stat that is something to be relieved about.

Is it such a good thing?
For 3 years we have been saying that our defence is too soft & not aggressive enough & our record proves that.
Yes it's good not getting suspended but I think that that is too a large extent because all the aggression has been coached out of our team & that caused us serious problems & defensive weaknesses for the last few years.
We've started to get some aggression back in our defence recently & a couple of people now have carryover points.
If the price of this level of aggression is the odd suspension then I'm happy to wear that. It's better than giving away a try every time someone gets inside our half.

2008 560 against
2007 561
2006 565
2005 569
2004 537
2003 598
2002 642
2001 746
2000 642

I'm not seeing where our defence has been good since the merger, saying that aggression has been coached out of them? based on the assumption that aggression means good defence, it appears we never had it to begin with….

@Kul said:
back in the day it seemed like it was every second week that Darren Senter or someone like that would be sitting on the sidelines

Since sheens came on board we'd be lucky to have had a handful of players suspended.

from memory, i can recall Ben Galea getting a couple of weeks, Payten got a few too and didn't skando get one week '06?

If an important player gets suspended next week im holding u responsible :angry: :wink:

Heighno got charged and suspended from the final round in 2007\. He only missed a trial or two. Also Danny Galea was suspended for a while for a lifting tackle against the Storm in 2007.

After 12 weeks out with a hamstring tear, in his first game back against the Dragons in Wollongong last year, Payten got suspended for 4(?) weeks for a stoopid but accidental lift.

I also believe that in 2005 the Tigers and Panthers were the only teams to not have any players suspended. (just a random fact about THAT year).

We're still on a 100% record this year yes?

@Tigerdave said:
2008 560 against
2007 561
2006 565
2005 569
2004 537
2003 598
2002 642
2001 746
2000 642

I'm not seeing where our defence has been good since the merger, saying that aggression has been coached out of them? based on the assumption that aggression means good defence, it appears we never had it to begin with….

Scary/ Good thing with that Stat (if im reading it correctly) is that our Defence is slowly improving every year.

@Hit or Miss said:
@Tigerdave said:
2008 560 against
2007 561
2006 565
2005 569
2004 537
2003 598
2002 642
2001 746
2000 642

Scary/ Good thing with that Stat (if im reading it correctly) is that our Defence is slowly improving every year.

:laughing: yeah and in 20 years time we'll have good defence

@king sirro said:
@Kul said:

If an important player gets suspended next week im holding u responsible :angry: :wink:

Well

And it was Gibbs too…... :brick: Important in the context he's a Prop.....

Back