Tigers Season Turnaround

The only problem I see is that api will be at origin and I'm not sure how we'll do without him
We are playing 48 hrs later, generally as long as the player finishes origin uninjured they usually back up

Winning 3 of their last 4 after starting the season 0 - 7 is turning nothing around?

Ok.
When they continue to win and get it back to 8-8 then it can be said it's 'starting' to turn around. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer. This team hasn't strung together 3 wins in a row in something like 5 years. The odds aren't great to get it back to 8-8

When they continue to win and get it back to 8-8 then it can be said it's 'starting' to turn around. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer. This team hasn't strung together 3 wins in a row in something like 5 years. The odds aren't great to get it back to 8-8

It does sometimes…

This one time, at band camp

So, in your eyes, going from 0-7 to 8-8, so winning 8 from 9 is starting to turn things around.

Nothing in between, eh?

Look, the devil is in the detail with how we word these things I guess. For someone to say we've 'turned things around' or 'turned a corner' it kinda gives the implication that we're on the charge and that the days of poor performances are well and truly behind us, which is obviously not the case.

But I think it's fair to say that a team that had lost 18 games straight prior, who has now won 3 from 4, with a try the difference in the two games before that, have begun to turn things around. They're certainly on the way to the 8 from 9 you're after.

There's also something to be said for a bit of positivity over cynicism during a rebuild.

Last edited:
If they manage to make the 8, then it's a turnaround.

They miss the 8, it's more of the same.

I judged the squad to be about an 11-13 squad during the off season and that is without any player from our lower grades making a massive impact and forcing their way into the starting team.Since then Bula has made a massive statement and now looks like the incumbent fullback even on his short time in FG.
Despite that because we where so poor at the start of the year 0-7 (incompetent coaching imo) we now need to go 8-5 during the rest of the season to get to 11-13 and finish just outside the 8.This will probably be another year of failure but for the first time in a decade this will be with a decent team and it just is not good enough.

Winston Churchill is the new king of the negative boys on the forum

I think the way we we completely thrashed the cowboys and the way we beat Penrith along with winning 3 out of last 4 is more relevant to assessing our prospects than to say we are 3 wins 8 losses as the 7 losses was a team that for some reason just didn't gel !
We also chopped and changed the team and positions every week
That's past ( I hope ) We are good defensively as Penrith and Souths ( for 70 mins ) found out . We are now capable of dazzling attack and are great at ball handling as our completion rates last few weeks are extraordinary
What's needed is keeping the same team on the field and healthy plus improving our depth via the bench. Naden or Talau is one decision one in the 13 and one on the bench .
Who replaces Joffa on the bench is another and must be like for ,like
Apart from this lets keep the guys together and firing
There is no team we can't beat at our best !!!!

If we keep this pack and add some depth, and the backs continue to improve, we will win more than we lose (which would be a change).

Back