Tigers to call ANZ Stadium home in 2014

Suits me! Anz gold passes already. Will be going to a lot more games

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Personal crusade aszporta?

Your arguments are all weak…

(You can drive quicker to Allianz than training it to Homebush??????
What the hell?
Plastic seats more comfy?? )

Free transport??

Youre struggling.

....and going by most replies people seem to approve.

I think its the best move for the club financially

@azsportza said:
I don't get why people are so happy about us playing at ANZ Stadium. The ONLY benefit is the club will get more cash.

Atmosphere is horrible, viewing is terrible. I feel like I'm alone in feeling it will be worse playing at ANZ.

The club needs the cash though. I agree on the whole atmosphere though.

@innsaneink said:
Awesome

I get brilliant free members tix there thru work …yeehah!

Live close enough so when were playing crap can leave with 20 to go and get home for the final 5 mins.

Beauty!!

Doesn't that just sum up our support base. Things aren't going well so up sticks and leave.

@azsportza said:
Location shouldn't just be the factor. The experience should be the most important thing. Fact is there is no seating allocation along the sidelines anything other than cat 1\. Which are $50 for a seat.

Buy a membership

If we're going to play out of ANZ, which is an 85,000 seat stadium, the club should pump out dirt cheap memberships for ANZ, or throw in the ANZ games with a Cambo or Leichardt membership. They have 85,000 seats to fill you'd imagine the club would be better off selling 20,000+ memberships for ANZ at a cheaper price, than say 8-10,000 at a more expensive price.

@azsportza said:
Wests Tigers are set to ditch Allianz Stadium as one of their home grounds in favour of a move back to ANZ Stadium.
New Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer has already committed to staging matches at the joint-venture club's spiritual homes of Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium.

However, the club's round-23 clash with Sydney Roosters and the round-25 fixture against South Sydney loom as the Tigers' last at Allianz Stadium. The club, which during some seasons had played out of all four venues, is likely to announce the shift back to Sydney Olympic Park during the week.

Read more: http:/Allianz/[www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tigers-set-to-drop-allianz-stadium-but-sign-young-guns-20130729-2qv2r.html#ixzz2aQuNXFkl](http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tigers-set-to-drop-allianz-stadium-but-sign-young-guns-20130729-2qv2r.html#ixzz2aQuNXFkl)

And aren't we going to go out in style at Allianz , a couple of 40 -50 point hidings from the Rorters and the Rabbits

Hate the move, hate ANZ Stadium, soulless concrete shit tip.

But if it is financially the most viable then I understand it.

If we are to play there I would like to see discounted parking for members or a members carpark (one of the further away) with shuttle buses.

I don't want to buy a season ticket to ANZ but may be forced to in the respect that to secure my good seats at Leichhardt and CSS it would cost $50 per game and that in itself almost covers the cost of a full membership

@azsportza said:
@Snake said:
@azsportza said:
I don't get why people are so happy about us playing at ANZ Stadium. The ONLY benefit is the club will get more cash.

Atmosphere is horrible, viewing is terrible. I feel like I'm alone in feeling it will be worse playing at ANZ.

Because they can make memberships cheaper and give the punter a central venue to get to that also has a good transport hub and be seated in comfort with good amenities I will take 6 memberships if this happens , i know many supporters that think as I do we want to become members but refuse to have to go to sometimes 4 grounds ,we basically want 1 ground and we have the money to give to the club.

I will believe it when I see it. We will have to buy gold membership if you want a seat on the sideline (even the 10 metre line). Currently the cheapest gold membership is $345 which is for 8 games.

Transport should be free with membership/ticket. It's an added cost which is no benefit for fans.
And I'll say, there is nothing comfortable about the plastic seats at ANZ :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps contacting Mayer via twitter with seating suggestions packages ect in a more affordable and better viewing arrangement might be the way to go if we end up back at ANZ I can't see why they wouldn't want to keep the average punters happy its not like we are going to fill the joint.
The only problem I could foresee with that is if there are particular places that they want to fill for tv purposes so the stadium looks fuller.

@smeghead said:
Hate the move, hate ANZ Stadium, soulless concrete shit tip.

If we are to play there I would like to see discounted parking for members or a members carpark (one of the further away) with shuttle buses.

I don't want to buy a season ticket to ANZ but may be forced to in the respect that to secure my good seats at Leichhardt and CSS it would cost $50 per game and that in itself almost covers the cost of a full membership

I feel the same about ANZ. But I support the clubs move to increase revenue.

I would like to see Campbelltown pick up a grant to extend to a 30-35K stadium and we could play 8 games there and 4 "boutique" games at LO. Allianz is a great stadium but a fair hike for most supporters and a move away from our traditional heartlands.

The biggest issue for the club is do they want to be paid to play at grounds or put their hand in their pocket to play at one of our traditional venues, it's a delicate balance.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@smeghead said:
Hate the move, hate ANZ Stadium, soulless concrete s*** tip.

I would like to see Campbelltown pick up a grant to extend to a 30-35K stadium and we could play 8 games there and 4 "boutique" games at LO. Allianz is a great stadium but a fair hike for most supporters and a move away from our traditional heartlands.
\
\
The biggest issue for the club is do they want to be paid to play at grounds or put their hand in their pocket to play at one of our traditional venues, it's a delicate balance.

It's not a delicate balance if we could somehow get enough memberships to cover the difference between what we get for playing at either ANZ or Allianz , but that is probably far fetched at this stage

CB , do you think having a 35 k seat stadium at Ctown will help us to get fans to be prepared to travel out west

Personally ,I think not ,but then again I don't live down there and understand the demographics of Sydney

@happy tiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@smeghead said:

\
\

It's not a delicate balance if the could somehow get enough memberships to cover the difference between what we get for playing at either ANZ or Allianz , but that is probably far fetched at this stage

CB , do you think having a 35 k seat stadium at Ctown will help us to get fans to be prepared to travel out west

Personally ,I think not ,but then again I don't live down there and understand the demographics of Sydney

As others have noted it is a huge area of growth. Tens of thousands of houses will go up in that area over the next decade and with competitive performances on the pitch and competitive membership pricing off of it, there'll be a lot of kids wanting to follow the local team, especially if they're winning.

I'm speaking for myself here, but I'd be thrilled knowing I have the same seat at the same ground locked down for 8 out of 12 games a year at the same venue. The current arrangement is a shambles.

@innsaneink said:
Personal crusade aszporta?

Your arguments are all weak…

(You can drive quicker to Allianz than training it to Homebush??????
What the hell?
Plastic seats more comfy?? )

Free transport??

Youre struggling.

....and going by most replies people seem to approve.

I think its the best move for the club financially

Firstly the comfy plastic seats was a joke.

Secondly, ANZ is in Sydney Olympic Park not Homebush

Thirdly, while it's great news for the club to be getting more money for moving games at ANZ Stadium. Compared to Allianz Stadium, watching Rugby League at ANZ is not an enjoyable thing. The ground is not designed for the rectangle game and it suffers as a result.

Most people seem to agree with the move because getting to Allianz is a pain, and yes it can be. But it's at the expense of better viewing experience.

@Guest said:
@azsportza said:
Location shouldn't just be the factor. The experience should be the most important thing. Fact is there is no seating allocation along the sidelines anything other than cat 1\. Which are $50 for a seat.

Buy a membership

If the prices aren't cheaper for members, I won't be.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@happy tiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@smeghead said:

\
\

It's not a delicate balance if the could somehow get enough memberships to cover the difference between what we get for playing at either ANZ or Allianz , but that is probably far fetched at this stage

As others have noted it is a huge area of growth. Tens of thousands of houses will go up in that area over the next decade and with competitive performances on the pitch and competitive membership pricing off of it, there'll be a lot of kids wanting to follow the local team, especially if they're winning.

I'm speaking for myself here, but I'd be thrilled knowing I have the same seat at the same ground locked down for 8 out of 12 games a year at the same venue. The current arrangement is a shambles.

Don't have an issue with the 8/4 combination you suggest , but I think I would wait to see the results first before increasing the capacity at Ctown

If we increase the capacity at Ctown and we don't get the required numbers to make it profitable and or workable we are stuck with it

@azsportza said:

You are most definitely not alone!

ANZ is a horrible place to watch footy week in and week out.

Looks like for the first time in many years I will have to seriously reconsider renewing my top tier membership.

Don't like ANZ Stadium but understand if the club moves back. It's easier to access for the club's western fan base and if the money is good then so be it. I love Leichhardt but also worry how long it can go on hosting games for, it's not up to modern standards.

If the club can start drawing consistently decent crowds on par with the Bulldogs and Souths then ANZ could be alright. Clashes with the Bulldogs, Souths and Parra there should bring plenty of fans through the gate.

I guess not too many here were in bay 105 during 2005…..the atmosphere was certainly amazing

Humphries extra home games at LO & CSS while popular with the fan was not very smart business wise

Its a business, we need money to compete, when we compete we win, when we win the crowds turn up and the atmosphere increases

Guest: You wanna stay the extra 15 mins to watch another three trys get put on us when were getting pumped and then have to struggle an hour to exit the carpark, when an early exit from the game sees you miss all this - more fool you

Never liked ANZ I prefer Allianz even though It is a longer drive to get to, as other people has previously stated already atmosphere is crap and to far away from the action I dunno if il get the ANZ/Campbelltown membership next year, probably just the Campbelltown membership

I like ANZ but there needs to be +40000 people for a good atmosphere
SFS you can have 15-20k and its still good..

Back